ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? #5997623
09/13/17 03:30 AM
09/13/17 03:30 AM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline OP
trapper
DezertTrapper  Offline OP
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA
I'm really curious to know...

Am I the only one who ends up doing a job that your county agency couldn't/wouldn't or failed miserably at, or is it just me?

We have some excellent agencies...and well...there's one other... whistle

Working a job right now (on my own dime) that is literally a human safety issue. Vicious dogs.

Parents shouldn't have to be afraid of their kids (or themselves) being mauled-and their livestock being repeatedly killed. I guess some of those badges really do come out of crackerjack boxes. Wondering if I'm the only one who comes across issues like this?

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #5998004
09/13/17 02:30 PM
09/13/17 02:30 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Been there, done that! Are they feral dog's, or just running loose? Gotta be careful, somebody might claim those "Extremely valuable, highly trained" animals.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #5998114
09/13/17 05:41 PM
09/13/17 05:41 PM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA
Hey BigBob, Feral dogs they do absolutely nothing about. And out here, they're generations feral, and are dangerous...they take down and kill horses-desert ferals are the toughest of the tough (and are trap shy!) Really hard to get!
This is a pack of dogs that aren't fed by the owner. They're squatters-and the neighborhood is stuck with them until the house is seized. No electricity, no running water. The dogs constantly jump fences. A lot of smaller livestock killed and one horse attacked. Tons of calls made to complain, pieces of paper left by the "agency" on the gate. Repeatedly. They state nothing can be done because they don't see the dogs off of the property-yet there is video of them driving down the street with the dogs standing IN the street. Well, guess what happened? Dogs (of course) started getting bolder, enlarging what they considered to be their own territory. Countless calls to officials by neighbors, even video of a woman jogging who was surrounded and lunged at and was bitten on the back of her leg was presented. I wish I could post that here. More useless paper slapped on the fence. After seeing that video, I offered to help. I set 2 traps legally, on her property, and well inside of her 5 foot high fence line where they jump the fence nightly to harass her livestock. 4 hours later, two of the dogs (again) jumped her fence and were trapped-the 2 of the 4 who had surrounded her, lunging at her, one of them the same dog that bit the back of her leg (and a 13 year old kid I found out this morning) Agency was upset that they had to make the effort to come out to get them! (Making friends everywhere I go!) I won't apologize for helping out a woman with 7 little kids and a hubby deployed to Afghanistan who can't walk out their own front door on a fenced property.
I always see this "agency" with cheap dog traps on the tops of their trucks, but rarely have I seen one used-save once. We found one they'd abandoned, a trapped dog had been in it for several days, and had chewed himself halfway out of it when discovered, half dead from thirst. Someone's pet, nice dog, returned to owner. I hope this is only happening here, I'd hate to think its a common problem elsewhere. I'm a long time GSD owner, and it sure is sad when dogs end up like this-there's no one to blame but irresponsible people.

The owners could show up at the shelter, plead their case, and pay a couple hundred bucks to spring each dog, but they never will. At least there they have regular food, clean water, and are split up so they won't be attacking anyone again.

"Leader" of the pack here, this dog would have torn my face off if he'd been given the chance. Same one that bit the woman and went after the kid. They're gonna be even more upset with me when they have to come back out and get the other two. Oh well...

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #5998999
09/14/17 06:17 PM
09/14/17 06:17 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
PM Sent

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #5999356
09/15/17 03:31 AM
09/15/17 03:31 AM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA
smile

Member NTA
Member NRA
Platinum Member: School of Hard Knocks
Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #6000204
09/16/17 07:10 AM
09/16/17 07:10 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Amazing they won't do anything when the dogs are trying to hamstring people. They were trying to take her down.

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: EatenByLimestone] #6000479
09/16/17 04:58 PM
09/16/17 04:58 PM
Desert Southwest-CA
DezertTrapper Offline OP
trapper
trapper

Desert Southwest-CA
Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone
Amazing they won't do anything when the dogs are trying to hamstring people. They were trying to take her down.

Amazing and totally unacceptable-especially when I have to go out there and do a job the taxpayers are paying for. Dogs gone, that won't be happening there again...and for the first time in about a year, I drove past and saw little kids riding their bikes and playing street hockey yesterday. Prior to that-that neighborhood was a ghost-town. The neighbors got together and surprised me with gifts of gas cards for my trouble when I came to pick up my traps. Made my day!!

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #6000484
09/16/17 05:11 PM
09/16/17 05:11 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
WTG!

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #6000583
09/16/17 07:51 PM
09/16/17 07:51 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Sounds like awesome advertising!

Re: Doing an agency's job because they can't/won't? [Re: DezertTrapper] #6003953
09/20/17 10:15 AM
09/20/17 10:15 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
I never did domestic animal control...never would.we have dog wardens to do that and do,here in farm country.I never have founddogs to be hard to livesnare in coyote snares.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread