No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5997711 - 09/13/17 06:56 AM Car CD player issue?
Carolina Foxer Online   content
trapper

Loc: NC
Not sure if anybody would have any ideas or not.

Have an '07 Ridgeline. Bought it not too long ago. It plays some CD's totally fine, no skipping or lagging. Other CD's start skipping and jumping, and then when removing them, they are scratched all to heck. I'm talking brand new spotless CD's. But like I said, other CD's in the same condition (new) play without a single problem.

I shot a whole bunch of canned air in the CD feed slot, and also purchase one of those cd/dvd/blu-ray player lens cleaner discs. Used it several times, and still no luck, scratches the bejeesus out of them.

Would welcome any input or ideas. Not really wanting to have to take the whole thing apart either.

#5997717 - 09/13/17 07:01 AM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: Carolina Foxer]
330-Trapper Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Following this...no help here, I have a car player that won't eject.

#5997804 - 09/13/17 08:20 AM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: Carolina Foxer]
Furbagger Offline
trapper

Loc: Nebraska
I'd say the CD is not seating in the turntable correctly. Therefore wobbling and bouncing off of the laser and scratching the CD.

#5997819 - 09/13/17 08:40 AM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: Carolina Foxer]
nt2 Offline
trapper

Loc: Kansas
If it is a recent purchase, I would return it to seller.

#5997835 - 09/13/17 09:08 AM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: Carolina Foxer]
Bryan Daigle Offline
trapper

Loc: Madawaska, Maine
Following this...no help here, I have a car eight track player that won,t eject.

#5997862 - 09/13/17 09:56 AM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: Furbagger]
adam m Offline
trapper

Loc: nm
Originally Posted By: Furbagger
I'd say the CD is not seating in the turntable correctly. Therefore wobbling and bouncing off of the laser and scratching the CD.

X2 furbagger.

It would be easier and cheaper to replace. You can replace it fairly easy. The hard part is carefully removing the trim prior to accessing and installing the new one.

Usually Crutchfield.Com will give you a wire harness and or faceplate.

#5998082 - 09/13/17 03:35 PM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: Carolina Foxer]
CoonsBane Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
I had a similar issue. Opened it up and found a quarter inside, seems my young son may have had something to do with that.

#5998135 - 09/13/17 05:16 PM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: 330-Trapper]
mrob Offline
trapper

Loc: NC
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

I had a 2006 Nissan Frontier that had a Metallica CD that wouldn't eject. I think it was around 2008 that it happened, the CD was still in there when I sold the truck last year.

#5998159 - 09/13/17 06:03 PM Re: Car CD player issue? [Re: mrob]
Furbagger Offline
trapper

Loc: Nebraska
Originally Posted By: mrob
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

I had a 2006 Nissan Frontier that had a Metallica CD that wouldn't eject. I think it was around 2008 that it happened, the CD was still in there when I sold the truck last year.

Now THAT is a tragedy of GRAND PROPORTION! I'd have cut the car apart to get that CD back.