No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Topic Options
Hop to:
#5998056 - 09/13/17 02:58 PM What's with Doctors these days???
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper

Loc: NY
You go to a Doctor for years, then he retires. You find a new Doc, and 10 minutes into the exam for the first time seeing the new Doc, he says " That medicine you have been taking for years, came out in the 1940's-50's. We are going to talk about switching you over to a new med.!! " What the heck for ?? Sure , there are side effects, but not everyone gets them . If it's working right , then why change ????

Sometimes, I think Doctors like to go with the latest and newest drug on the market, simply because it is new.

#5998062 - 09/13/17 03:07 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Canvasback2]
Lufkin Trapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Lufkin, Tx.
New Dr.; new treatment.

#5998067 - 09/13/17 03:13 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Lufkin Trapper]
bblwi Offline
trapper

Loc: East-Central Wisconsin
He may be getting a better deal or a percentage of the sales from another pharmacy firm or he could just be trying to improve the meds you are utilizing.

Bryce

#5998103 - 09/13/17 04:17 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Canvasback2]
Nd native Offline
trapper

Loc: North dakota
Originally Posted By: Canvasback2
You go to a Doctor for years, then he retires. You find a new Doc, and 10 minutes into the exam for the first time seeing the new Doc, he says " That medicine you have been taking for years, came out in the 1940's-50's. We are going to talk about switching you over to a new med.!! " What the heck for ?? Sure , there are side effects, but not everyone gets them . If it's working right , then why change ????

Sometimes, I think Doctors like to go with the latest and newest drug on the market, simply because it is new.

Drug reps have likely been giving him free starbucks every morning while touting their latest samples, etc, so the Dr. probably feels like they owe the drug rep a little business.

#5998141 - 09/13/17 05:26 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Canvasback2]
cohunt Offline

Loc: revillo, sd
I would feel quite certain that he thinks that there is a newer medication that will treat your problem better and with less side effects.

#5998151 - 09/13/17 05:56 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Canvasback2]
gcs Offline
trapper

Loc: ny
It's cute that you'd think that....

#5998179 - 09/13/17 06:44 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Canvasback2]
cohunt Offline

Loc: revillo, sd
It has been over 70 years since anyone called me cute. One of us is really very misinformed.

#5998251 - 09/13/17 07:58 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: Canvasback2]
N.Roberts Offline
trapper

Loc: Rhinelander, WI
I used to use 1.5 coilsprings for 'coon. Used them for years. Caught plenty of coon in them. Then, one day, someone said "just try using a grizz gett'r instead, just try using a #11 DLS instead".
Technology changes, science changes, treatments change too. Not always for the better, but not always for the worse either.

#5998256 - 09/13/17 08:01 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: N.Roberts]
trapperkeck Offline
trapper

Loc: Crofton, NE
Originally Posted By: N.Roberts
I used to use 1.5 coilsprings for 'coon. Used them for years. Caught plenty of coon in them. Then, one day, someone said "just try using a grizz gett'r instead, just try using a #11 DLS instead".
Technology changes, science changes, treatments change too. Not always for the better, but not always for the worse either.
And, strangely enough, I am back to using the Duke #1.5 coil I was using 25 years ago. LOL

#5998279 - 09/13/17 08:15 PM Re: What's with Doctors these days??? [Re: cohunt]
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"

Loc: McGrath, AK
Originally Posted By: cohunt
I would feel quite certain that he thinks that there is a newer medication that will treat your problem better and with less side effects.

I agree! If doctors were considering the pittance they MIGHT realize from a drug rep, they are wasting their time. Most docs are overworked and don't have time to worry about the cost of lunch !