No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6023597 - 10/11/17 09:26 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
eastwood44mag Offline
trapper

Loc: Illinois
Earned my Eagle, but won't send my boys when this is the new way.

#6023676 - 10/11/17 10:40 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Buckeye 2000 Offline
trapper

Loc: Olmsted Falls, Ohio
BSA has been co-ed in the Explorer, Venturing, and Sea Scout programs for some time now. In our area, we have many young women leading Venturing crews. Cub Scouts program includes the family and many female siblings have joined their brothers on adventures and do all the same activities just not an official member. In reality, the policy change may not result in as great a change as some are expecting.

#6023683 - 10/11/17 10:46 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

Loc: Green County Wisconsin
I figured this would happen some day boy scouts is much better run and organized than GS and they already had exporers and venture crew for girls 14 and up it only makes sense to get them involved earlier rather than wait till they are 14

GS was a major disapointment had 2 girls in it , what a mess

I am an eagle scout and my son was in scouts. I was a leader at the pack and troop level for several years.

I think it is a good move

#6023693 - 10/11/17 11:12 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Nessmuck Offline
trapper

Loc: New Hampshire
So...............what is going to replace the name " Boy Scouts " ........aka .."Your MaMas Scouts " ?

#6023694 - 10/11/17 11:14 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
AntiGov Offline
trapper

Loc: Central Oregon
Lol.....it's truly aznine isn't it ?

#6023707 - 10/12/17 12:03 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

They have already moved some to just brand themselves as BSA and not worry about that standing for Boy Scout of America

#6023714 - 10/12/17 12:36 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Catch22 Offline
trapper

Loc: OH
Will the Boy Scouts be selling thin mints and samoas now???

#6023725 - 10/12/17 04:21 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
danny clifton Offline
trapper

Loc: williamsburg ks
boy scouts that I was part of hasn't existed for a long time now

#6023740 - 10/12/17 04:55 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Finster Offline
trapper

Loc: Fredonia, PA.
Libtards ruin EVERYTHING they come in contact with. It's a shame that the rest of the country is so bogged down with political correctness that no one sees the mental disorder that is libtardism.

#6023765 - 10/12/17 05:46 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Kart29 Offline
trapper

Loc: Hancock Co., Indiana
Another step forward in the feminization of American men.

#6023821 - 10/12/17 07:07 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
It was too simple to just add merit badges to cover the things each wanted to learn, plus it didn't require any lawyers.

#6023832 - 10/12/17 07:19 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Birch Tree Offline
trapper

Loc: Wright county, Minnesota
Looks like I won't be signing my boy up for the scouts now, I was looking forward to it too. I will never understand why women/girls feel they have to try and take over everything that men/boys do for themselves. If they want to die in combat I don't have much of an issue there as long as they don't curl into a ball and get the other men killed. But in this new age of "The New World Order" men aren't allowed to have an all men's group/club because that is sexist but the women can have as many all women groups/clubs as they want and they can't be called sexist. The world is topsy-turvy and starting to suck down deeper into the abyss!

MTA and NTA Member.

#6023872 - 10/12/17 08:00 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Getting There Offline
trapper

Loc: West Michigan
Why not just dissolve the BSA while they still have some honor and start a new group with our ladies. I hope they paid attention in there sex education classes!! and sexual harassment class, if they ever took one. JMO

#6023900 - 10/12/17 08:31 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

as the father to two girls I like the benifit if could have for my daughters ,and don't feel it would hurt my son , you have to realize just how many families that were into scouting were bringing thier daughters to virtually every scouting event , they would participate and say man I wish I didn't have to wait till I was 14 to be in a venture crew or explorer post , I see where this could make scouting stronger by including the hole family from the get go , we already have a number of female leaders , far to often the men just were not stepping up.
there has been female leaders in uniform for many decades now

other benefits are that Girls given the same exposure to the outdoors , possibly fire arms through scouting and strong positive leadership skills will advance them as citizens ,as people and as voters.

might also be a great way to meet your future wife and share common training ,experience , love for the outdoors and be good friends before you are romantic.

would it have been really cool if the girl scouts were all that, a well lead strong leadership organization that were giving the girls everything the boys were getting , but the sad truth was that they were not they were loosing girls very early on with their sad program and poor leadership.

you take your daughters hunting , and trapping why wouldn't you want to take them scouting.

#6023910 - 10/12/17 08:41 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
keystone Offline
trapper

Loc: laporte co. indiana
They'll just have to rename the organization, it needs to be something really catchy though!! How about.... KIDS WHO'S PARENTS CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER THEIR CHILD HAS A PENIS OR VAGINA OF AMERICA!!!!

#6023923 - 10/12/17 08:56 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper

Loc: central ohio
Heard the girl scouts might sue them. Lol. True story.

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

#6023924 - 10/12/17 08:56 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE
as the father to two girls I like the benifit if could have for my daughters ,and don't feel it would hurt my son , you have to realize just how many families that were into scouting were bringing thier daughters to virtually every scouting event , they would participate and say man I wish I didn't have to wait till I was 14 to be in a venture crew or explorer post , I see where this could make scouting stronger by including the hole family from the get go , we already have a number of female leaders , far to often the men just were not stepping up.
there has been female leaders in uniform for many decades now

other benefits are that Girls given the same exposure to the outdoors , possibly fire arms through scouting and strong positive leadership skills will advance them as citizens ,as people and as voters.

might also be a great way to meet your future wife and share common training ,experience , love for the outdoors and be good friends before you are romantic.

would it have been really cool if the girl scouts were all that, a well lead strong leadership organization that were giving the girls everything the boys were getting , but the sad truth was that they were not they were loosing girls very early on with their sad program and poor leadership.

you take your daughters hunting , and trapping why wouldn't you want to take them scouting.

I get what you are saying but I think having to wait for things teaches people some useful social skills, especially at early ages. Growing up having a world catering to you is not a good thing.

Edited by HobbieTrapper (10/12/17 08:57 AM)

#6023929 - 10/12/17 08:59 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
The Beav Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
Pete makes some good points. But why not just fix the Girl scout organization.
This will be the beginning of the end for scouting.

Edited by The Beav (10/12/17 08:59 AM)

#6023960 - 10/12/17 09:27 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
snowy Offline
trapper

Loc: MT
Can the boys join girl scouts?

#6023967 - 10/12/17 09:32 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Alexia Offline
trapper

Loc: Pa
I think combining the administration of the BSA and GSA into one is a good thing. It would give scouting more power over all.

If they are talking about mixed sex scouting troops, that's not such a good thing. I have never been in the Girl Scouts and never even thought about it because my parents teach me what I need to know. I could never support scouting if they combine the sexes in individual troops. That will never work.

Edited by Alexia (10/12/17 09:42 AM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >