No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6023968 - 10/12/17 09:32 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper

Loc: Rodney,Ohio
This group has been out for a while since the BSA went downhill

http://www.traillifeusa.com

#6023987 - 10/12/17 09:57 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper

Loc: North Carolina
Gotta say, this is another one of those who cares moments. Geeesh fellas, that horse is getting mighty high.

#6023990 - 10/12/17 10:00 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Trap_Hunt_Fish Offline
trapper

Loc: WI
Remember when boys grew up to be men and girls grew up to be women. Today we have a confused youth trying to understand sexuality twists that most adults are even confused about.

#6024000 - 10/12/17 10:06 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: trappingthomas]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Loc: MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: trappingthomas
Me and my multiple companies quit donating money to Boy Scouts years ago for OBVIOUS reasons. Was hard as I am rural compared to most Boy Scout troops. The troops I helped (a lot) understood but could nothing about policy. Sick about it but heck no are my dollars going to this nonsense!!!!!!!!!! Wake up people!

Same here. A good-sized club I belong to decided to stop donating to them at one of our board meetings for the same obvious reasons. The vote was unanimous. BSA was a proud, wholesome organization. Not any more.

#6024014 - 10/12/17 10:25 AM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: DaYooper14]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: DaYooper14
Gotta say, this is another one of those who cares moments. Geeesh fellas, that horse is getting mighty high.

If there is nobody on the horse as an example eventually everybody will be walking in the mud.

#6024168 - 10/12/17 12:55 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Plum Billy Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska Mat-Su Valley
mad This pisses me off in the extreme. The BSA is no longer what it once was. The oath starts " On my Honor..." What honor? There is no honor in changing your mind at every whim. If your standards are constantly changing there is now being trustworthy. No one can trust you to keep your word.

I am so close to my eagle, but I don't even know if I want it anymore! There has become a loss of respect for the BSA.
I'm not saying the eagle is worthless anymore, but the work and effort, and time that goes into it is almost not worth it anymore.

Are they stupid? Your organization is called the Boy Scouts of America! No girl is a boy that I'm aware of. You need to have an Y chromosome to be a boy.

Simple truths can destroy any liberal argument

John Wayne

#6024170 - 10/12/17 12:58 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: The Beav]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

Loc: Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: The Beav
Pete makes some good points. But why not just fix the Girl scout organization.
This will be the beginning of the end for scouting.

when this is the face of girl scouting you really think you can fix that.

#6024175 - 10/12/17 01:07 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Plum Billy]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted By: Plum Billy
mad This pisses me off in the extreme. The BSA is no longer what it once was. The oath starts " On my Honor..." What honor? There is no honor in changing your mind at every whim. If your standards are constantly changing there is now being trustworthy. No one can trust you to keep your word.

I am so close to my eagle, but I don't even know if I want it anymore! There has become a loss of respect for the BSA.
I'm not saying the eagle is worthless anymore, but the work and effort, and time that goes into it is almost not worth it anymore.

Are they stupid? Your organization is called the Boy Scouts of America! No girl is a boy that I'm aware of. You need to have an Y chromosome to be a boy.

Simple truths can destroy any liberal argument

"Always be prepared."

Don't let them win by acting like you were unprepared. Get your Eagle. They can never take it away from you no matter what happens after.

#6024183 - 10/12/17 01:18 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Birch Tree Offline
trapper

Loc: Wright county, Minnesota
I get what you are saying GREENCOUNTYPETE, my thoughts are more along the lines of why are they forcing a change now? Why did they create a Boys/Mens association/group then only to have to invite girls years later?

I agree with you on the family scouting idea, that is what they SHOULD have created in the first place but didn't. I am not afraid of change, the issue is forcing people to change now without letting the entire body of the membership make the call instead of a council of whatever size making it for their members just like they did with the gay choice. In the future how many kids will have been abused before it comes to lite just like the Catholic priests we still hear about? (nothing against Catholics or priests, just a reference for the scope of things as the BSA is a huge organization.) And how many girls will be abused by the boys and or leaders because of this choice?

I have a baby girl now, she is only 6 months old, but I would never have allowed her to join the Girl Scouts because they don't teach enough stuff to the girls. The Boy Scouts actually got it right with the whole of their program (I am sure there are/were flaws) and I can only imagine how this country would be better if they had made it the Family Scouts or whatever name they could have used. People got away from nature and togetherness over the years and it is having a terrible effect on our youth and the family unit as a whole.

MTA and NTA Member.

#6024189 - 10/12/17 01:31 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: DaYooper14]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Loc: MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: DaYooper14

According to the polls I've seen it's not a who cares moment.

#6024210 - 10/12/17 02:31 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

you see I don't see this one as a we gotta let girls in , I see this as a strategic planning ahead that I was thinking 7 years ago , you know I wish my girls had the same scouting opportunity my son did , even thought well maybe they will join ventures when they get to 14. well I can tell you that they might well have joined scouting 7 years ago when they were under 10 but that they are not interested now.

in 1911 no one was ready for it to be Family scouts , they just weren't.
in 2011 maybe

Explorer / venture started allowing girls 14 to 18 in 1969

I admit I have been out of scouting a year or two now , but in the past BSA always bowed to the charter organization , if the charter organization wants to form a girls troop and a boys troop it will be very much up to them. this is how venture has worked since 1969 the charter decides to have a just boys and just girls or co-ed

we already had girls at a significant number of events , camping rules and arrangements for girls in camp is decades old policy now , I see this more as a step to recognizing girls and their achievement and giving them a path to eagle and not just tag along till they could join venture scouting or an explorer post clearly BSA saw a need to open programs for girls nearly 50 years ago.

DID you know , that any eagle scout starts a pay grade higher in the military, we have women in our military and now they will be able to start a pay grade higher should they earn their eagle.

the goal is making better citizens , more prepared people , and leaders , if we make exceptional young men but leave behind all the young women where will these exceptional young men find exceptional well trained citizens and leaders to be their partners in raising more exceptional young men and women?

you reap what you sew , start the seeds to a higher expectation for both young men and women and get a better more prepared team of citizens.

#6024218 - 10/12/17 02:44 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper

Loc: North Carolina
/\ /\ /\ /\ Well said GreenCountyPete

Holy Cow - there's a girl in the troop - ruuunnnnnnn!

Live for the days or yore all you want fellas but this just aint a bad thing.

#6024220 - 10/12/17 02:47 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I don't want my woman exceptional in the same manner I'm exceptional. lol

Edited by HobbieTrapper (10/12/17 02:48 PM)

#6024222 - 10/12/17 02:50 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Birch Tree]
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Birch Tree
I get what you are saying GREENCOUNTYPETE, my thoughts are more along the lines of why are they forcing a change now? Why did they create a Boys/Mens association/group then only to have to invite girls years later?

I agree with you on the family scouting idea, that is what they SHOULD have created in the first place but didn't. I am not afraid of change, the issue is forcing people to change now without letting the entire body of the membership make the call instead of a council of whatever size making it for their members just like they did with the gay choice. In the future how many kids will have been abused before it comes to lite just like the Catholic priests we still hear about? (nothing against Catholics or priests, just a reference for the scope of things as the BSA is a huge organization.) And how many girls will be abused by the boys and or leaders because of this choice?

I have a baby girl now, she is only 6 months old, but I would never have allowed her to join the Girl Scouts because they don't teach enough stuff to the girls. The Boy Scouts actually got it right with the whole of their program (I am sure there are/were flaws) and I can only imagine how this country would be better if they had made it the Family Scouts or whatever name they could have used. People got away from nature and togetherness over the years and it is having a terrible effect on our youth and the family unit as a whole.

priests got away with rape for decades probably centuries because they were held in such high esteem. they could do no wrong in the eyes of the people they lead. and so much was kept in a veil of secrecy.

scouting already has male and female leaders and protocols for girls in camp as well as safeguards that are in place to protect both leaders and youth. A scout leader should never have one on one interaction with a scout of any gender period. this is the very first thing in new leader training and youth protection is the very first part of the first rank in scouting.
why now , venture has been co-ed for 48 years I think the why now is that scout parents who see the opportunity for their sons and have tried GS say I want that opportunity for my daughters also. just like I was thinking 7 years ago.

my family took the direction of 4-H. my wife and I now run the shooting sports , wildlife and natural sciences program for our county 4-H with help form many other volunteer leaders. we are all in the same businesses making better citizens , better leaders and better prepared young men and women.

#6024250 - 10/12/17 03:28 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
lebowski Offline
trapper

Loc: MI
It is a numbers game. Period. When you exclude half the population eligible to be a part of your organization you have to rethink this when your enrollment falls over many years as it has. It is a situation of evolve or die.

If the two organizations have developed so independently, how did we get to a place where Boy Scouts feel pressured to allow girls in?

Proctor: There has been an ongoing debate about whether this should happen or not. Internationally, there are many countries that have co-educational scout movements. In Europe, in places like Scandinavia, they’ve merged Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts into one organization. But in those cases, the two organizations worked together and they merged to create a co-educational movement. In the U.S. case, it looks like a turf war because the Girl Scouts are adamantly not participating. This is about the Boy Scouts allowing girls in. I think the Boy Scouts are under pressure because they’re losing members. They’re under pressure to do something new and look for new members in a broader way.

It’s interesting that they’ve been emphasizing the Cub Scouts in their media because most people have fewer objections to co-education when kids are young than they do when they’re 15 or 16. And Boy Scouts have long-encouraged female leaders for the younger kids and have been less interested in having female leaders for teenage boys.

-- Fred Bear

#6024251 - 10/12/17 03:29 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: HobbieTrapper]
lebowski Offline
trapper

Loc: MI
Are you afraid she might become more exceptional than you? grin

Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper

-- Fred Bear

#6024252 - 10/12/17 03:31 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: HobbieTrapper]
Catch22 Offline
trapper

Loc: OH
Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Best post ever lol.

#6024264 - 10/12/17 03:52 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Trap_Hunt_Fish]
Cattrax Offline
trapper

Loc: Wy
Originally Posted By: Trap_Hunt_Fish
Originally Posted By: MnMan
Well, then can a boy join the girl scouts?

Can a transgender girl join the Girl Scouts?

160user did!!

#6024281 - 10/12/17 04:23 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
RiversNorth13 Offline
trapper

Loc: Gitche Gumee Wisconsin

Simplify your methods to the point of perfection.

Become fast,efficient & effective.

The real "SECRET" to successful trapping.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

#6024321 - 10/12/17 05:13 PM Re: Girls in the Boy Scouts [Re: Getting There]
Getting There Offline
trapper

Loc: West Michigan
More boys join gang than boy scouts. That is a fact!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >