ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6041612 - 10/31/17 10:34 PM Costs...charges...always a topic...
DezertTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Desert Southwest-CA
Could anyone who does high-volume number (on a single property) trapping send me a message? I'm trying to figure out what's fair to my clients, and have been for some time. I have some large jobs coming up this Spring, and I could really use some sound advice. Thanks.

#6042635 - 11/01/17 09:29 PM Re: Costs...charges...always a topic... [Re: DezertTrapper]
TRapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Central IA
What animal?

#6044085 - 11/03/17 03:28 PM Re: Costs...charges...always a topic... [Re: DezertTrapper]
Bob Jameson Offline

Loc: SW Pa
Establish and cover your travel time rate costs out and back to the job, avg. anticipated on site time if you are doing regular trap maintenance and any material costs and you will be working on the profit side in most cases.

Whatever the reason for site visits you must always bill this to your job unless you are doing occasional courtesy visits for some reason that may be necessary or on your route of travel daily.

You start billing for animal charges only you wont do very well on average if you don't price that rate with good judgment in mind.

Extended time on any job will run you into a steady time and cost expense. You can charge a per visit fee then a per animal charge in the event you are doing multiple catches daily for a period of time.

There are several variables to consider in jobs that may require extended time vested, multiple catches and resetting multiple traps on a daily basis. Type of animals etc.

#6049294 - 11/08/17 07:42 PM Re: Costs...charges...always a topic... [Re: TRapper]
DezertTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Desert Southwest-CA
Originally Posted By: TRapper
What animal?

CA ground squirrels...by the hundreds. They're a lot of work.

#6055575 - 11/15/17 07:35 PM Re: Costs...charges...always a topic... [Re: DezertTrapper]
Baxter Offline
trapper

Loc: California
You need to at least bill $85 an hour. That includes travel time. Do not be afraid to lose a little business.
It does not matter what animal it is, only time spent catching said animal.