Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
zenkers diverticulum #6019296
10/07/17 07:09 PM
10/07/17 07:09 PM
Idaho
P
peej Offline OP
trapper
peej  Offline OP
trapper
P

Idaho
Ill be going in for surgery to correct this in a couple of weeks has anyone even heard of this before? I had not until i was diagnosed a few weeks ago. If anyone has had this surgery i would love to hear your story. i would like to know about how long it took to heal up. Basically over time a pouch forms in your esophagus making it hard to swallow and trapping food in your throat.

Re: zenkers diverticulum [Re: peej] #6035000
10/24/17 08:39 PM
10/24/17 08:39 PM
Southern Indiana
P
POC Offline
trapper
POC  Offline
trapper
P

Southern Indiana
I have heard of it, haven't had the surgery or anything. I'd think it is not a long recovery, but I might be wrong.

Re: zenkers diverticulum [Re: peej] #6040486
10/30/17 08:27 PM
10/30/17 08:27 PM
MO
D
dukinator Offline
trapper
dukinator  Offline
trapper
D

MO
Just found out this weekend a buddy has it. His is somewhat unusual as its very low and very large. 60mm. He is going to have surgery next April. Not sure why he is putting it off so long. Nexium helps him but still has issues.

Re: zenkers diverticulum [Re: peej] #6044582
11/04/17 02:09 AM
11/04/17 02:09 AM
Idaho
P
peej Offline OP
trapper
peej  Offline OP
trapper
P

Idaho
Well i went in for the surgery on the 24 of oct. The doc had a plan A and a plan B. told me that he would try to go in through my mouth.If that was unsuccessful he would go to plan B which involved an incision in my lower neck region.when i came out of the anesthesia I reached up and felt my neck. No bandage so i was pretty happy that he didnt have to cut me open.My throat was pretty sore but not as bad as I had anticipated. I was so relieved and happy to get this behind me. Until the nurse informs me that they couldn't get the job done through my mouth and some one dropped the ball and the correct surgical kit was missing to go through my neck. My lips looked and felt like I had been in a fist fight.I had a loose and chipped tooth. the Doc apologized and told me To call and reschedule. Dissapointed to say the least.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread