Mange is ectoparasitic and has nothing to do with secondary ingestion.....
Rodenticides affect the immune systems of both canids and felines. Once poisoned rodents are ingested, the immune system is affected, and mange rears its ugly head. Some species of mange are carried naturally, and a healthy immune system keeps it in check, no different than the bacteria on our own skin.
We're seeing rodenticide induced mange due to immune system breakdown in kit foxes, bobcats, mountain lions, yotes, etc. all over this part of the country, in addition to the thousands that bleed out. (Including all raptors, carrion species, etc.)
Here's some reference information for you Vinke. You might want to read up.
Anticoagulant exposure and notoedric mange in bobcats and mountain lions in urban Southern Californiahttps://ucdavis.pure.elsevier.com/en/pub...ats-and-mountai
LA Mountain Lion A Poster Cat For California's Rat Poison Problemhttps://www.npr.org/2014/06/21/323970068...-poison-problem
Anticoagulant Rodenticides: Secondary Poisoning of Wildlife in California http://caforestpestcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/stella-Mcmillin.pdf
I posted asking for possible ideas to get a sick yote trapped. This yote has severe mange because he's been eating poisoned ground squirrels near a residential area.
Do you have anything to offer?