No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Goodman banner
(Please support Joe Goodman because of his support for us)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6054249 - 11/14/17 10:52 AM The Snot Set
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper

Loc: OK
It never ceases to amaze me the number of fur bearers that are attracted to menthol . Hereís a way to use that to your advantage.

Iím an avid snuff user . Not so much smokeless dip tobacco ( although I do enjoy a pinch from time to time) but Iím talking the Old World tobacco product that consists of powdered tobacco inhaled gently up the nose . Donít ask me how I got started on it, not important. Anyhow, on my favorites is a German one called Ozona President made by PŲschl . Typical German snuff, itís moist , fermented, and mentholated . That gives you a solid wintry kick soon as it hits your nose with a sweet, fermented , tobacco flavor on the back side. Clears you up nicely, too. Great stuff and Iíll have it and use it through out the day. Gonna have some right now.

A side benefit is you have ready made lure right there in your schnozz . As the day progresses, youíll develop brown , mentholated, mucus. Simply cover and nostril and blow and Ď voila!!í . Muskrats dig it and cats seem captivated, as well.

Disclaimer- Aaron Proffitt does not endorse the use of tobacco by minors . This not a safe alternative to cigarettes .

#6054373 - 11/14/17 01:47 PM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
So how many boogers in a dirt hole vs a flat set?

#6054403 - 11/14/17 02:52 PM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
bhugo Offline
trapper

Loc: Flint, Michigan
I have used something similar. It came in a little chrome container with a flip top on a corner. It was really mentholated. Never thought I should be saving my snot.... ha

#6054501 - 11/14/17 04:45 PM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
Gary Benson Offline
trapper

Loc: Sandhills Nebraska
If you can hock a decent loogie, you can re-bait from across a creek!

#6054567 - 11/14/17 06:03 PM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
Moosetrot Offline
trapper

Loc: Wisconsin
Way back in my Rugby days we used Dr. Rumney's Mentholated Snuff. Big, brown boogers in the scrum.

Moosetrot

#6054842 - 11/14/17 11:07 PM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
52Carl Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
Aaron, I use to respect and admire your opinions, even when you stepped in to defend some of my crazy brainstorms.
The Bugger Set?! Really? I am really going to have to think on this one for a while...
I have spit Red Man on a castor mound and the beaver seemingly emptied the entire swamp bottom of its leaves to cover it up.

#6054898 - 11/15/17 04:55 AM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
Zach d Offline
trapper

Loc: NC, Pisgha forest
So if that works on a serious note my mom uses this electric Vicks vapor thing that u put little cotton inserts in that reek like Vicks (menthaladum) so do u think if I used some of these little cotton inserts in a pocket or dirthole set do yall think it will work

#6054946 - 11/15/17 06:13 AM Re: The Snot Set [Re: Aaron Proffitt]
Chauncey Offline
trapper

Loc: South carolina
Things that make you go hmmm.

Ronald Reagan