No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Goodman banner
(Please support Joe Goodman because of his support for us)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6054441 - 11/14/17 03:29 PM Snapped my line question
greenetrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Broome NY . not the city
I snapped my line tonight just before deer season. It's where I hunt and it what the land owner likes. My question is it's only 7 sets. I would like to leave them there until after deer season and remake the set. Will that throw up any red flags to any animals with a trap sprung sitting in the bed .

#6054476 - 11/14/17 04:11 PM Re: Snapped my line question [Re: greenetrapper]
pintail_drake04 Offline
trapper

Loc: So. IL
NO, when I was still trapping I use to do it over the firearm season every year. I didn't want to deal with running traps during gun season, nor did I want to take the time away from my own deer hunting. When I remade the sets, it wasn't uncommon for us to catch critters the very next night. If it was where I was deer hunting, I'd still bait and lure some (maybe not everyday). kind of like pre-baiting for when you set again.

#6054492 - 11/14/17 04:30 PM Re: Snapped my line question [Re: greenetrapper]
grisseldog Offline
trapper

Loc: fayette,al.
In Alabama if you trap, you trap thru hunting season..
Animals can be caught it heavy hunted areas..

#6054508 - 11/14/17 05:04 PM Re: Snapped my line question [Re: greenetrapper]
bad karma Offline
trapper

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Won't hurt a thing, animals don't know what a trap is or does. Deer hunters will make them disappear though.

#6054542 - 11/14/17 05:42 PM Re: Snapped my line question [Re: greenetrapper]
greenetrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Broome NY . not the city
Private land

#6054684 - 11/14/17 07:48 PM Re: Snapped my line question [Re: greenetrapper]
strike2x Offline
trapper

Loc: Houghton Lake, MI
I am leaving traps out through deer season. I will check on the dark before I go to my deer stand and again on my way out... I know I stand a chance to loose some fur to trigger happy hunters but if my sets are not in then I am sure I won't get any...