Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

KaatzBros
(Please support Kaatz Brothers Lures, our sponsor for the Lure and Bait Making Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6049804 - 11/09/17 11:33 AM Fish eggs?
Kired Offline
trapper

Loc: Maine
I have access to a bunch of frozen and possibly fresh dead fish eggs (work at a fish hatchery) was wondering if there is any use for them. Have never made lure or bait but I would imagine that it could be used for something other than dumping it out and feeding the ducks.

#6050451 - 11/10/17 01:48 AM Re: Fish eggs? [Re: Kired]
TONY.F Offline
trapper

Loc: N.C MO
makes a premo catfish bait! I imagine it will work on all fish eating predators

#6050527 - 11/10/17 06:37 AM Re: Fish eggs? [Re: Kired]
Yes sir Offline
trapper

Loc: Marion Kansas
Play around with them and see what you come up with. Aged fish eggs may be the next great lure base. I may never come up with a great lure on my own but messing this new ideas and materials is were the fun is for me and the chance that one of them might work really good keeps me excited.

#6054266 - 11/14/17 11:15 AM Re: Fish eggs? [Re: Kired]
Taximan Online   content
trapper

Loc: SW Montana
I've been playing around with them but haven't really used any yet.It seems like they have a lot of oil in them and a good,fishy smell.Fish is supposed to work well on predators so we shall see.

#6054527 - 11/14/17 05:31 PM Re: Fish eggs? [Re: Kired]
Kired Offline
trapper

Loc: Maine
I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of making my own lure, have never done it before. Not even really sure where to begin with fish eggs. Any tips?

#6054533 - 11/14/17 05:35 PM Re: Fish eggs? [Re: Kired]
Malukchuk Offline
trapper

Loc: western alaska
Don't put em in your mouth.

Moderator:  tmrschessie