No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Goodman banner
(Please support Joe Goodman because of his support for us)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6076518 - 12/06/17 03:36 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
Predatorfever32 Online   content
trapper

Loc: Pennsylvania
The business is his property he can serve whoever he wants.

#6076520 - 12/06/17 03:37 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
adam m Offline
trapper

Loc: nm
X2 J.Staton.
Hupurest, his not an idiot for following his convictions. Service from a private establishment is a privilege. They should've taken their business elsewhere just like many on here who refuse to give business to businesses who don’t allow ccw or support peta/ humane society. Yes both through tantrums but who made it that way? The gay couple. The baker has been forced to defend his faith in the media. The baker has received death threats and other forms of harassment and has lost 40% off business all because these "men" couldn't tolerate his beliefs. They should've taken their business to a Muslims bakery. Don't forget private businesses have won the right to not cover birth control especially the plan b type of rx's because of their religious beliefs.

#6076525 - 12/06/17 03:45 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: adam m]
Hupurest Offline
"Andy S wannabe"

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: adam m
X2 J.Staton.
Hupurest, his not an idiot for following his convictions. Service from a private establishment is a privilege. They should've taken their business elsewhere just like many on here who refuse to give business to businesses who don’t allow ccw or support peta/ humane society. Yes both through tantrums but who made it that way? The gay couple. The baker has been forced to defend his faith in the media. The baker has received death threats and other forms of harassment and has lost 40% off business all because these "men" couldn't tolerate his beliefs. They should've taken their business to a Muslims bakery. Don't forget private businesses have won the right to not cover birth control especially the plan b type of rx's because of their religious beliefs.

1. no I don't think hes an idiot for following his convictions... hes an idiot for not dealing with it in a better manner.. "sorry, we are booked and I don't have an opening to bake you a cake." instead he says "I love jesus, I don't bake for no queers."

alright, for the sake of argument..

This establishment doesn't serve Native Americans... that's the owners conviction.... thoughts?

the man lost 40% of his business, because he made a poor business decision.. that's his fault..must be 40% of his business has convictions and wont shop there anymore and support a bigot.

and the church guy couldn't tolerate their gay beliefs... its not a one way street here...

what happened to not judging, loving thy neighbor, treating all men as created equal?

Im looking for someone that wants to wager $20 on the outcome.

I say Baker loses...

at the outcome of the case, loser of the bet, makes a post saying the winner is smarter and better looking then them, and makes a$20 donation to the Tman discretionary fund.

Edited by Hupurest (12/06/17 03:46 PM)

#6076528 - 12/06/17 03:51 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: J Staton
If I find a bakery ran by an openly gay baker and ask him to bake me a cake decorated with the words, "Homosexuality is an abomination and all gays will burn in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)!" and the baker refuses to do so, does he violate my civil liberties?

If he can't prove his practice is to not decorate cakes with offensive material, yes.

-Goofy-

#6076537 - 12/06/17 03:58 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: Hupurest]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted By: Hupurest
X2 J.Staton.

1. no I don't think hes an idiot for following his convictions... hes an idiot for not dealing with it in a better manner.. "sorry, we are booked and I don't have an opening to bake you a cake." instead he says "I love jesus, I don't bake for no queers."

alright, for the sake of argument..

This establishment doesn't serve Native Americans... that's the owners conviction.... thoughts?

the man lost 40% of his business, because he made a poor business decision.. that's his fault..must be 40% of his business has convictions and wont shop there anymore and support a bigot.

and the church guy couldn't tolerate their gay beliefs... its not a one way street here...

what happened to not judging, loving thy neighbor, treating all men as created equal?

Im looking for someone that wants to wager $20 on the outcome.

I say Baker loses...

at the outcome of the case, loser of the bet, makes a post saying the winner is smarter and better looking then them, and makes a$20 donation to the Tman discretionary fund.

It's going to come down to the smallest detail which is his consistent practice of not decorating Halloween cakes and similar things that have established following his faith.

I'd bet you but nobody is better looking than I am. lol

-Goofy-

#6076540 - 12/06/17 04:09 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
J Staton Offline
trapper

Loc: Arkansas
Love thy neighbor as thyself is Christ like.
To condone and celebrate what's considered a sin, not so much.
The court ruled that Americans must purchase a product or be punished, so I'm not going to bet they make the proper decision this time either.

#6076550 - 12/06/17 04:30 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Making a cake is celebrating sin?

What was Abraham celebrating when he gave his wife to Pharoh?

-Goofy-

#6076552 - 12/06/17 04:31 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: Lugnut]
Kart29 Offline
trapper

Loc: Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted By: Lugnut

So if a shop owner had a moral objection to shirtless people and refused to serve them based on that, it would be discrimination, but would it be illegal?

I think you are on the right track Lugnut. Discrimination happens all the time and there is not necessarily anything wrong with it. For example, just apply for auto insurance from a preferred rate insurance company after getting your third DUI. Try getting a job with a history of embezzlement on your criminal record. Try getting the preferred rates on medical insurance if you are a tobacco user. Try getting a new car loan 6-weeks after your bankruptcy goes through. Do you think you might face discrimination? Heck yes you will and there's no law against it.

Somebody explain to me the justification for making discrimination based on sexual orientation a crime - especially when it comes to things like medical insurance coverage.

But in this particular case, the claim of discrimination based on sexual orientation is still a farce. The baker was intentionally selected for the purpose of making a political point and to advance a particular agenda.

#6076565 - 12/06/17 04:39 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
J Staton Offline
trapper

Abraham was saving his own neck. Abraham wasn't sinless.
Is a homosexual union biblical?
If you believe in the bible would you support this union with your talents?
Can a Christian be pro choice?

#6076580 - 12/06/17 04:56 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
Computer Hater Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio
I was asked to put a bid on a new roof for a mosque. I declined. I was "too busy". Over the years,I had many other requests to place bids on roofs that for one reason or another I didn't feel comfortable about. I either was "too busy" or I shot a rocket at it. I priced it so high that I knew I would never get it and if by some strange reason I did get it, I was going to be well paid for the inconvenience of doing a roof I didn't want to do.

#6076587 - 12/06/17 05:04 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
adam m Offline
trapper

Hupurest you're right it's a civil rights vs religious rights case. However discrimination against sexual orientation and preferences are not protected under the constitution. So who violated who's rights? Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia gave an interview to the California Lawyer where he said that the Constitution does not prohibit sex discrimination against women and gays. That’s up to the legislatures, he said.

How is he a bigot? He would sell them anything else including an undecorated wedding cake.

If some business denies me because I'm native I might be offended but I'll take my business elsewhere. That's their business and their policy.

He tolerated their beliefs but followed his convictions.

Did he lovingly deny them or chew them out and toss them out by their collars? Both parties agree he told them he was sorry he could sell them a cake but not decorate it because of his religious beliefs. That's how you lovingly deny your neighbors. Jesus gave us the definition of who is our neighbor in Luke 10:25-37.

#6076588 - 12/06/17 05:06 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: Computer Hater]
J Staton Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Computer Hater
I was asked to put a bid on a new roof for a mosque. I declined. I was "too busy". Over the years,I had many other requests to place bids on roofs that for one reason or another I didn't feel comfortable about. I either was "too busy" or I shot a rocket at it. I priced it so high that I knew I would never get it and if by some strange reason I did get it, I was going to be well paid for the inconvenience of doing a roof I didn't want to do.
That's how the baker should have handled it but he didn't. Now I guess we'll find out if the government can override your first amendment rights.

#6076590 - 12/06/17 05:08 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: HobbieTrapper]
elkaholic Offline
trapper

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper

What was Abraham celebrating when he gave his wife to Pharoh?

Finally getting some peace and quiet. laugh

#6076797 - 12/06/17 07:53 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Can a Christian be compassionate to the sinner so that they may see Christ living in them and leave the consequences to God?

I know,......

"He's God, He can do anything.......except make something good out of that."

That's what everybody else sees whether you intend it or not.

-Goofy-

#6076803 - 12/06/17 07:58 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: HobbieTrapper]
J Staton Offline
trapper

Can a Christian be compassionate to the sinner so that they may see Christ living in them and leave the consequences to God?

I know,......

Love the sinner, hate the sin. That's what I'm talking about. Christ would have been compassionate to the homosexual couple but he wouldn't have blessed/endorsed the union/sin.

#6076804 - 12/06/17 07:59 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
adam m Offline
trapper

Abraham didn't celebrate when they lied to pharaoh, rather pharaoh gave him livestock and servants and Abraham prospered while Pharaoh was plagued and let Abraham live and sent them on their way as a wealthy man.

#6076833 - 12/06/17 08:16 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I know,......

Love the sinner, hate the sin. That's what I'm talking about. Christ would have been compassionate to the homosexual couple but he wouldn't have blessed/endorsed the union/sin.

Again, please tell me how baking a cake is blessing sin.

-Goofy-

#6076837 - 12/06/17 08:17 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: adam m]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Abraham didn't celebrate when they lied to pharaoh, rather pharaoh gave him livestock and servants and Abraham prospered while Pharaoh was plagued and let Abraham live and sent them on their way as a wealthy man.

So knowingly "blessing" adultery benefited the Christian?

Stop it. lol

-Goofy-

#6076847 - 12/06/17 08:24 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
J Staton Offline
trapper

If a Christian is a light unto the world and he decorates a cake celebrating a union that according to the Bible is an abomination, what will the world think? Maybe we ought to have a weekly prayer meeting at the strip club.

#6076849 - 12/06/17 08:25 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
Osky Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern MN
So according to Hup.. And others the shop owner has to become a liar with false excuses? Really?
He politely offered anything he had already created to these people. He simply refused to contract his future artistic creative ability.
They came into HIS store. HE offered them anything he had to offer to anyone else who walked into his store. He has proven that he has denied other people his services in contract work for various personal reasons.
These people by being gay can FORCE a contract upon the storekeeper?
Seems to me the baker more than fulfilled his obligation to his state license.
Osky

www.SureDockusa.com

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >