No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Goodman banner
(Please support Joe Goodman because of his support for us)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6077275 - 12/07/17 08:23 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Amen.

-Goofy-

#6077294 - 12/07/17 08:36 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: HobbieTrapper]
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper
Not to get off track here but I'd like to get some of your thoughts on a juror exercising their religious freedom in the jury box. Would it be ok to dismiss evidence if it was in conflict with their belief?

Hobbie there is currently a thread about jury duty. Didn't you read it? Jury Nullification is excercising the jurors ability to judge the law as well as the evidence. Whether the decision to ignore evidence is run through a religious filter or not, it is completely legal for jurists to do.

#6077312 - 12/07/17 08:51 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: FlyinFinn]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper
Not to get off track here but I'd like to get some of your thoughts on a juror exercising their religious freedom in the jury box. Would it be ok to dismiss evidence if it was in conflict with their belief?

Hobbie there is currently a thread about jury duty. Didn't you read it? Jury Nullification is excercising the jurors ability to judge the law as well as the evidence. Whether the decision to ignore evidence is run through a religious filter or not, it is completely legal for jurists to do.

Ok.

I'm not going to pretend that if a "used car salesman" convinced 11 other people to ignore evidence that would prove my innocence because he doesn't believe I should have a neck tattoo is going to make me happy.....especially if he announces that reason.

-Goofy-

#6077355 - 12/07/17 09:28 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper

Your happiness has nothing to do with it.

#6077394 - 12/07/17 10:09 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: FlyinFinn]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Your happiness has nothing to do with it.

Apparently neither does the truth.

-Goofy-

#6077410 - 12/07/17 10:20 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper

Now you're catching on.

#6077497 - 12/07/17 11:32 AM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I don't get it....?

-Goofy-

#6077552 - 12/07/17 12:26 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper

The truth doesn't have to have anything to do with a jury trial. Take for instance a drug posession charge. The truth may be that the defendant did possess drugs, but the jurists don't believe the law is just and do not convict the defendant.

#6077577 - 12/07/17 12:44 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: FlyinFinn]
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

The truth doesn't have to have anything to do with a jury trial. Take for instance a drug posession charge. The truth may be that the defendant did possess drugs, but the jurists don't believe the law is just and do not convict the defendant.

But what if they bake a cake?

-Goofy-

#6077805 - 12/07/17 04:58 PM Re: Patty Cake Patty Cake Baker Man... [Re: J Staton]
bad karma Offline
trapper

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5