No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Goodman banner
(Please support Joe Goodman because of his support for us)

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6076024 - 12/06/17 04:41 AM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
danny clifton Offline
trapper

Loc: williamsburg ks
I say let England sort it out. Its their mess. Starting with the crusades and evolving into the nation called British Palestine. European Jews immigrated there, kicked out the English and took over. (somehow that sounds familiar) If they want our tax dollars and military they ought to give us land/water for a 100,000 man military base.

#6076430 - 12/06/17 01:39 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Bucksnorts]
Trapper7 Offline
trapper

Loc: MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: Bucksnorts
It will have consequences. There will most likely be a resurgence of attacks in Israel. Probably stop peace talks the highly qualified son-in-law is trying to conduct. Other than that, we gain...nothing from it. Hmmmm

The peace process is a joke. There will never be peace with the Palestinians no matter what they do. The Palestinians are taught in their schools and homes to hate the Jews practically from infancy. Their goal is to wipe the Israelis of the face of the earth. Pretty hard to get peace out of a goal like that.

#6076487 - 12/06/17 02:42 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
Fisherman Offline
trapper

Loc: northern New York
I say, "If it Ain't Broke Don't Fix It". Not our business. We stick our nose in too many places and this will only stir up the Muslims. Bad idea.

#6076538 - 12/06/17 04:06 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Fisherman]
Scuba1 Offline
"Euro-Redneck"

Loc: On a Boat
Originally Posted By: Fisherman
I say, "If it Ain't Broke Don't Fix It". Not our business. We stick our nose in too many places and this will only stir up the Muslims. Bad idea.

They have been well stirred for ages. Nothing that is done in Israel is going to change that. So they may as well do whatever they want instead of bending over backwards to please some muslim or another. Heck those guys can't even have peace with each other, let alone with a different religion.
The only reason that the muslims have not waged war with Israel, is that they a skewed to meet those 40 virgins if they try. They may have figured out that those 40 chicks have been around for a long time now and are still virgins. ....... So either they have a real bad temper or a butt ugly wink

Edited by Scuba1 (12/06/17 04:10 PM)

#6076543 - 12/06/17 04:11 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Rye]
Beavertrapper24 Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Illinois
Originally Posted By: Rye
I think the only fair way to deal with it is to make it its own country like the Vatican. Except No one faith gets to lay claim.
That was the UN's original plan back in 1947 the brits would give up Israel and it would be come an independent Arab and an independent Jewish State with Jerusalem becoming an international city under the administration of the UN but the Arab-Israeli Was started before it could be put into effect.

#6076567 - 12/06/17 04:42 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
KeithC Online   content
trapper

Loc: Champaign County, Ohio.
Countries pick their own capital cities. Israel picked Jerusalem as their capital city. Jerusalem is the capital city of Israel, despite all the politically correct junk other countries pretend to believe.

The Palestinians call Jerusalem their capitol because they are self delusional. The Palestinians don't possess Jerusalem and most likely never will.

Keith

#6076572 - 12/06/17 04:46 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
J Staton Offline
trapper

Loc: Arkansas
Jerusalem has been considered Israel's capital for thousands of years by the Jews. All the U.S. is doing is saying "Okay we're fine with that."

#6076577 - 12/06/17 04:51 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
Tweed Offline
trapper

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Um.....the Jews haven't had a nation since Jerusalem fell to Babylon 2,500 years ago.

Wasn't not till the middle of the 20th century that they had an independent nation again, granted to them by the Brits.

#6076648 - 12/06/17 05:53 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
waggler Offline
trapper

Loc: Alaska and Washington State
^^^^^^^
However, it wasn't really the Brits to "grant", a grant implies ownership, they merely stepped aside from being a custodian more or less.

Back in the 90's our US Congress (both House and Senate) voted nearly unanimously to move our embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Trump finally did what has been the obvious, and officially recognized Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel.
For what it's worth there has never been a nation of "Palestine", that just a name for a region.

#6076686 - 12/06/17 06:14 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper

Loc: central ohio
https://youtu.be/I_To-cV94Bo

Yes those awful crusades.

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

#6076690 - 12/06/17 06:16 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper

Loc: central ohio
Muslims are a peaceful bunch as soon as we are all Muslims.

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

#6076763 - 12/06/17 07:17 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
lebowski Offline
trapper

Loc: MI
I would expect nothing less from the dotard in chief. Poorly calculated political move to pander to some factions of his shrinking base.

-- Fred Bear

#6076770 - 12/06/17 07:25 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: madcotrappwr]
KeithC Online   content
trapper

Loc: Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted By: madcotrappwr
Muslims are a peaceful bunch as soon as we are all Muslims.

Correction, as soon as everybody is one flavor of Muslim. Muslims believe other flavors of Muslims need to die as much or more than infidels.

Keith

#6076779 - 12/06/17 07:34 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
Blaine County Offline
trapper

Loc: Oklahoma
Typical Trump misdirection. Investigation isn't going so well, so he stirs up a bunch of crap in the middle east.

Let's stop making decisions based on what the Israel wants and, even better, stop sending 3 Billion in taxpayer dollars there.

#6076786 - 12/06/17 07:42 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: adam m]
Scout1 Offline
trapper

Loc: Western N. Carolina
Originally Posted By: adam m
FlyinFinn the idea is good but there's too many other issues that can't be resolved via telecommute, especially with how many Americans goto Israel every year. Seeing how tour groups only spend the first night in Tel Aviv and the majority of nights in Jerusalem it makes more sense to be in the center of the world.

Corky the Tel Aviv one is old and run down (from the outside anyway). I walked by it every sabbath as my church was around the corner from it. The embassy is right on the beach, which makes it very susceptible to being attacked from boats. Also Tel Aviv gets more rocket attacks and other attacks than Jerusalem. All the more reason to move the embassy.

Visited Tel-Aviv in 1993 while stationed in the Sinai. Used our military IDs to enter the embassy to go to the PX. We were soon confronted by security and promptly kicked out for not being invited as guests! After a couple of fellow soldiers profanely voiced their opinion about the head of security's mother, we were instructed not to be back. We viewed the embassy as being a piece of home after 4 months in the wilderness?!?! We stayed at a hostel right up the street from the embassy.

#6076827 - 12/06/17 08:13 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper

Loc: MN
Ya I don't think U.S.Embassy's want average American idiots wandering around the building they paid for. It's a big club, and we ain't in it.

#6076835 - 12/06/17 08:17 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
J Staton Offline
trapper

Loc: Arkansas
Originally Posted By: Tweed
Um.....the Jews haven't had a nation since Jerusalem fell to Babylon 2,500 years ago.

Wasn't not till the middle of the 20th century that they had an independent nation again, granted to them by the Brits.
If the U.S. fell to Russia and we the people were sent into exile, would you still consider Washington D.C. the nations capital while without a nation? How about when you retook that nation?

#6076839 - 12/06/17 08:18 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Fisherman]
JakeDog Offline
trapper

Loc: Morehead city NC
Originally Posted By: Fisherman

They haven't been stirred up anyway? As long as Israel exists and America too, they will be stirred up? Let's not base our decisions on placating Muslims.

This should have been done decades ago.

Edited by JakeDog (12/06/17 08:19 PM)

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.

#6076887 - 12/06/17 08:44 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
bleeohio Online   content
trapper

Loc: NW Ohio
This is a huge move. For the better I believe. Finally showing our allies where we stand. If we turn our backs on them, why should we expect any better. And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't an American embassy considered American soil? Read your Bible for how this story turns out, (i won't give away the ending)...lol

#6077044 - 12/06/17 11:54 PM Re: American Embassy Move? [Re: Tweed]
BubbaCrabb Offline
trapper

Loc: Brazil, IN
I'm pretty happy about it. Israel needs our full support after the last clown in office. Its also safer for Americans visiting for the embassy to be moved. I'm really proud of what President Trump is doing. Really hoping he signs that tax bill soon. That would put a lot more money in my pocket. Maybe use it to go to Israel:)

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >