ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
XCLUDER FILL FABRIC #6081781
12/11/17 12:31 AM
12/11/17 12:31 AM
Northern Minnesota
W
webfootwhacker Offline OP
trapper
webfootwhacker  Offline OP
trapper
W

Northern Minnesota
Have you guys seen squirrels chew through this stuff much? A friend that works for a garage door company said he had seen where a red squirrel chewed right through a door seal lined with it. I use it quite a bit but haven't seen it fail so far.

Re: XCLUDER FILL FABRIC [Re: webfootwhacker] #6082060
12/11/17 11:24 AM
12/11/17 11:24 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Webfoot.

I like the xcluder product in the roll for areas prone to rodent incursion.
I have thought about trying the garage door products but haven’t at this point.
I can see a squirrel, pack rat (wood rat) or mouse chewing through the rubber and then
pushing or finding a way to move the xcluder fabric and make entry.

Having worked with that material with no gloves many many times the notion
an animal would live after gnawing through it seems crazy but rodents are pretty tenacious.

Garage door rubber seals and the plastic trim on many door frames are both serious
weak points of course for rodents especially in the corners.

I’ve started using fabricated metal trim and making sure it also meets the concrete. That’s the
other potential issue where I think if someone installs the xcluder rubber gasket but the slope
of the concrete isn’t matched or varies too much, that would leave a push by ability.

On my end I mostly deal with wood rats who are serious chewers and I collaborate with a pest control
company to compliment their services for homes with major gaps.

I’ll always have xcluder in my tool box so to speak, but unsure how confident I al I’m using the barrier
For doors.

I guess I should get a couple and put them to the test with some pack rats. Wouldn’t take long to
know in my area.

Best,

Justin

Re: XCLUDER FILL FABRIC [Re: webfootwhacker] #6082719
12/11/17 10:18 PM
12/11/17 10:18 PM
Northern Minnesota
W
trapper
trapper
W

Northern Minnesota
Thanks, HD. I'm going to try it for a client that has mice getting in through a failed garage door seal. I think it was maybe chipmunk that originally chewed the doors (awhile ago), but now the mice are what's causing problems. Should be a good test.

Re: XCLUDER FILL FABRIC [Re: webfootwhacker] #6082840
12/11/17 11:51 PM
12/11/17 11:51 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
Webfoot, is the hole chewed through the rubber seal that is at the bottom of the
Door or in the corners of the weather stripping?

Re: XCLUDER FILL FABRIC [Re: webfootwhacker] #6082859
12/12/17 12:28 AM
12/12/17 12:28 AM
Northern Minnesota
W
trapper
trapper
W

Northern Minnesota
Rubber seal on bottom. This door fits tight to the door frame so there is no weather stripping on the sides.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread