ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6088101 - 12/16/17 12:05 PM Mole trapping
BeaverDam Offline
trapper

Loc: WI
Had someone ask me yesterday if I fix the mole runs after I trap them. In short , I basically just told her I generally just do the mole trapping. Has anyone else been asked this? Not even sure how someone would go about that.

#6088107 - 12/16/17 12:11 PM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper

Loc: Schenectady, NY
You can flatten tunnels and rake out mounds, but nature has to do the repairing. However, pressing them down can can help the neurotic who keep seeing new mole damage every time they walk outside. I've had calls where they saw piles of worm castings...

#6090205 - 12/17/17 10:24 PM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
Getting There Offline
trapper

Loc: West Michigan
I suggest removing the dirt from the mounds and then raking out the rest of the dirt. If they have the means to roll the yard with a lawn roller I also suggest that right after a rain. I have a lawn roller they can use. Not many barrow the roller very often but it is good business to offer.

#6090523 - 12/18/17 10:14 AM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
Aggie73 Offline
trapper

Loc: South Texas
Leveling mole runs after trapping will help you and/or your customer determine when the neighbors' moles have re-colonized those tunnels. Moles secrete a musk aside from pheromones to both attract and repel others. You can bank on invading moles utilizing some of the same vacated runs.

#6090538 - 12/18/17 10:40 AM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
TRapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Central IA
I walk down the runs in a 10-20 foot radius around where i caught the mole...then kick the mounds and quickly rake out with my tater rake...i do that to see if any new activity when i return. Generally tell customer to expect a couple months for lawn to repair itself...also pushing down runs will help repair it quicker...but reseeding in fall will also help

#6091390 - 12/18/17 10:52 PM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper

Loc: Mt. Olive, IL
On some of my larger properties, I'll offer to flatten out the runways and feeding areas as an add-on service. IF they let me use my Kawasaki KLF220. It's a 2-wheel drive, and doesn't tear up the lawn. Does a great job of mashing down mole runs, and it's even fun. Not as much hassle as using a riding mower and pulling a roller. And faster.

#6091553 - 12/19/17 07:03 AM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper

Loc: Southwest Michigan
I plan to add that service next season, I alway pull a roller when mowing my yard so I have the roller

Just had my old riding mower repaired and the mowing deck removed. So this is what I will use for the service. Just have to make sure to calculate my cost correctly, as well as determine if my schedule will allow for it

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell

#6093119 - 12/20/17 04:20 PM Re: Mole trapping [Re: BeaverDam]
TRapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Central IA
I tried to add rolling service but found out i dont have time to do it...just caught 7 moles today on 4 yards...dec 20th in central iowa