No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: hippie] #6118417
01/08/18 06:50 PM
01/08/18 06:50 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted By: hippie
The leaches were to tight to even pay a reduced rate for grazing

Exactly, so NOW the taxpayers need to get that outa them!........as well as prosecute the knuckleheads that blew the case!!!!!!!!!

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: walleyed] #6118424
01/08/18 07:01 PM
01/08/18 07:01 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: walleyed
Originally Posted By: Tweed

Except....in those instances didnt they take over federal land?

No Tweed,

In Those Instances, The Victims Were United States Citizens Attacked By Armed Agents Of The Federal Government On Their Own Land.

14 Year Old Boys Shot In The Back While Running Away, and Mothers Head Shot In Their Doorway While Holding Their Infant Daughter.

Also Innocent Women And Children C.S Gassed And Then Burned To Death while Trapped Inside A Wooden Structure While Armed Federal Agents Waited Outside To Gun Them Down.

Those Were BATF & Janet Reno's Crowning Moments While Attorney General Under Slick Willy, The Chicken Plucker.

w

Sorry....my auto-correct changed it wrong.

Correct...those people we're in their own property minding their own business.

The Bundy's weren't. They took over a federal building because the felt they were wrong, they didn't like the law....sounds like a McVeigh and Nickels mindset.

Correct.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Ridge Runner1960] #6118433
01/08/18 07:08 PM
01/08/18 07:08 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted By: Ridge Runner1960
gerkil-osmerkel seems to be an authority on the situation and the history......all the way from pa no less, bet he read it on some extreme liberal website. wish we could wipe out liberalism, 3/4's of these situations wouldn't even exist.
RR

Ain't chew from west by-god virginny there, ridge? ya'll need ta do some map learnin' down there yonder.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118446
01/08/18 07:22 PM
01/08/18 07:22 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The reason the Bundy supporters took over Federal property was to get media exposure. They knew the Bundys were being treated illegally as the judge just showed. The media is a powerful weapon for good or evil, more deadly than any gun.

Keith

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118450
01/08/18 07:27 PM
01/08/18 07:27 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I have mixed feelings on this one.

I have no sympathy for ranchers who think they own public land; I know of cases where ranchers have tried to fence off land and block roads that access public land. Just because they have a grazing lease doesn't mean they own the land.

On the other hand, I don't like government officials running rough-shod over citizens, and using crooked tactics to prosecute them. The Feds should have just shared the info they had with the Bundy defense team instead of trying to be sneaky about it; they may have been successful of getting a conviction if they had.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: waggler] #6118515
01/08/18 08:19 PM
01/08/18 08:19 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: waggler

I have no sympathy for ranchers who think they own public land; I know of cases where ranchers have tried to fence off land and block roads that access public land. Just because they have a grazing lease doesn't mean they own the land.

On the other hand, I don't like government officials running rough-shod over citizens, and using crooked tactics to prosecute them. The Feds should have just shared the info they had with the Bundy defense team instead of trying to be sneaky about it; they may have been successful of getting a conviction if they had.

Agreed.

And as someone else pointed out... If this was a slam-dunk case for the government, why hide evidence from the defense?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118530
01/08/18 08:35 PM
01/08/18 08:35 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
I find it hard to believe we have some that don't think that if someone owes you money he doesn't have to pay. The Bundy clan for 20 years refused to pay the landlord (US Government) (which is you and me) for the cattle grazing rights that many other ranchers have to pay.

If I were to buy some traps from someone would I not be labeled a thief if I did not pay for them? The same goes for someone that agrees to a price to graze his cattle on land and then refuses to pay the landlord.

Bundy got a mistrial because the idiots prosecuting the case withheld information from the defense. This does not in any way say that Bundy and his clan are innocent of the crimes he was charged with. It means the prosecution screwed up and could not prove their case.

A thief is a thief is a thief.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118588
01/08/18 09:13 PM
01/08/18 09:13 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
He owes over 1 million dollars. I guess that could be a reason for looking for a way to get out from under HIS DEBT. No good, lousy, thief. Just another of the takers who take from all of us.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: gryhkl] #6118614
01/08/18 09:30 PM
01/08/18 09:30 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted By: gryhkl
He owes over 1 million dollars. I guess that could be a reason for looking for a way to get out from under HIS DEBT. No good, lousy, thief. Just another of the takers who take from all of us.

Dont let facts cloud your judgement, he was willing to pay but refused to pay the agency that was selling him out and whos only goal was to try to put him out of business. Read the history of what went on, all of the history, then form an educated opinion. And im not saying he was 100% in the right but where do you make your stand when those that are supposed to be working with and for you re trying to eliminate you and your lively hood. Follow the money and who profited from the reduction and buyouts of these ranchers. Hint he has one good eye answers to pinky and was a senator.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: nvwrangler] #6118632
01/08/18 09:42 PM
01/08/18 09:42 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: nvwrangler
Originally Posted By: gryhkl

Dont let facts cloud your judgement, he was willing to pay but refused to pay the agency that was selling him out and whos only goal was to try to put him out of business. Read the history of what went on, all of the history, then form an educated opinion. And im not saying he was 100% in the right but where do you make your stand when those that are supposed to be working with and for you re trying to eliminate you and your lively hood. Follow the money and who profited from the reduction and buyouts of these ranchers. Hint he has one good eye answers to pinky and was a senator.
X2 some of you on here are making judgement based on what the liberal media wants you to think. Not on all the facts. As far as the mining company paying I believe it was uranium they were going to mine and it had to do with the company that Obama and Clinton let be bought by the Russians. Surprise surprise.. not saying Bundys are all in the right but they did stand up for what is right. It was big government trying to push the little guy out of the way and the little guy stood up to the government. That's enough to have my support. A lot more to the story than most people know.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118642
01/08/18 09:49 PM
01/08/18 09:49 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: waggler] #6118644
01/08/18 09:51 PM
01/08/18 09:51 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

X3

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118649
01/08/18 09:52 PM
01/08/18 09:52 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
It's a bit more complicated than that.

If the Bundys are so awful, why does the US Marshal Service tase the attorney in court and take him down ?

This is the epitome of government tyranny IMO

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/as_trial_ends_surreal_scene_le.html

Mean As Nails
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118691
01/08/18 10:05 PM
01/08/18 10:05 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Wow that's crazy courtroom theater White! One would think the judge would have a copy of the detainer from Nevada to show the attorney and the man just aquitted, that he is in fact not a free man. Rather than just take the government's word for it. Outrageous.

Last edited by FlyinFinn; 01/08/18 10:06 PM.
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118719
01/08/18 10:19 PM
01/08/18 10:19 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Those of you pointing a finger at the Bundys and calling them thieves remember what the guys that were breaking the laws at the Boston tea party did for you

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Marty] #6118776
01/08/18 10:54 PM
01/08/18 10:54 PM
Bemidji, MN
J
Jacks Offline
trapper
Jacks  Offline
trapper
J

Bemidji, MN
What happen to that lawyer is unbelievable and I'm not a proud American knowing that goes on and no consequences. If the judge disagreed with the lawyer than she can put him in contempt and have him detained, but she did not do that, and for her to not put the us marshals in contempt and under arrest for their actions is unacceptable after the ignored her request to stand back. Once again it show the government people can do what ever they want illegal or unethical and get away with it more often than not. What a disgrace in our legal system

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: waggler] #6118812
01/08/18 11:11 PM
01/08/18 11:11 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC

Same here and well said.

Still think there is a lot more to the story than will ever be known but for the federal gov to come down like they did was overkill and excessive looking to prove a point. Might as well have been brown shirts.

Flip side is rules are rules and they should have paid the fees as agreed to, if there is more to that so be it, but maybe take the cattle and sell them at auction? Or something? Has to be a better way than almost causing a bloodbath.

J

Last edited by JakeDog; 01/08/18 11:16 PM.

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Yes sir] #6118821
01/08/18 11:15 PM
01/08/18 11:15 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Originally Posted By: Yes sir
Those of you pointing a finger at the Bundys and calling them thieves remember what the guys that were breaking the laws at the Boston tea party did for you

True and a lot can be said that those "militia" in the standoff kinda reinforced the fact that Americans can and will fight, sure the government paid attention.

J

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Ridge Runner1960] #6118835
01/08/18 11:24 PM
01/08/18 11:24 PM
Oregon
C
Catpincher Offline
trapper
Catpincher  Offline
trapper
C

Oregon
I'm with you Ridge Runner!!!I'm sure that feller in PA loves Obamacare and will be voting for Oprah in the next presidential election.

Re: Bundy's Walk...... [Re: Catpincher] #6118841
01/08/18 11:27 PM
01/08/18 11:27 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted By: Catpincher
I'm with you Ridge Runner!!!I'm sure that feller in PA loves Obamacare and will be voting for Oprah in the next presidential election.
speaking of which I was think about how fun it would be to see Trump and Oprah in a head to head debate

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread