No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Trading Fur from Different Regions? #6123104
01/12/18 10:31 PM
01/12/18 10:31 PM
Frederick, Maryland
S
stoney Offline OP
trapper
stoney  Offline OP
trapper
S

Frederick, Maryland
Since the fur market is still down I was curious if anyone would be interested in trading raw or tanned fur with other trappers.
Both last year and this year, I'm struggling convincing myself to sell some of my best furs for what they'll bring.

I have prime red fox and raccoons that I'd be happy to send someone who doesn't have an opportunity to catch one.
What do you trap in your area? What fur would you be interested in having on the wall?

I see folks post catch pictures of different critters like badgers, weasels, ringtails, otters, coyotes, bobcats, etc.
I always think to myself if they're only getting $10, $20, or $30 for that pelt, I'd love to have one to get tanned.

Don't feel like you're hijacking this post even if you aren't interested in a red fox or raccoon - post what you have surplus of and what you'd be interested in trading if someone has it. If no interest, I just figured I'd see!

Boss Paul - if this isn't allowed or should be in the shed, just let me know. I thought we might get more interest in the Trap Talk.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Re: Trading Fur from Different Regions? [Re: stoney] #6123315
01/13/18 08:32 AM
01/13/18 08:32 AM
VA
coolbrze Offline
trapper
coolbrze  Offline
trapper

VA
Awesome idea Stoney! How's your season in MD been so far? OK here in VA but I pulled when we got those 3 weeks of single & minus digits... Back at it the last week... I would love to trade some VA red fox & coon pelts for a badger, mink, weasel, ringtail, etc. that we don't have around here. Can throw in some $ if need be also.

Re: Trading Fur from Different Regions? [Re: stoney] #6123476
01/13/18 11:36 AM
01/13/18 11:36 AM
WI
H
handitrapper Offline
trapper
handitrapper  Offline
trapper
H

WI
I would like to get a couple really nice marten pelts one day. And I mean nice wall hangers. Maybe in different colors? 1 more brownish & 1 more orange. PM me if you have a couple to sell, along with the price.

Re: Trading Fur from Different Regions? [Re: stoney] #6123483
01/13/18 11:41 AM
01/13/18 11:41 AM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline
trapper
mad_mike  Offline
trapper
M

49th State
I have traded Alaskan specimens for one from the lower 48. I am actually looking for a nicely furred red as a wall hanger.

Re: Trading Fur from Different Regions? [Re: stoney] #6123488
01/13/18 11:43 AM
01/13/18 11:43 AM
Central MN
Eric B Offline
trapper
Eric B  Offline
trapper

Central MN
I got a nice mink and weasel. I'm not real interested in swapping, as we have most furbearers, besides ringtail cat and wolverine. Have wolves, just can't trap em. Yet. But I'd sell em put up if you guys are interested in getting them tanned. Both are late December caught. Can get more weasels for sure. Otherwise they were just going to go to auction. Let me know if you guys want either of them.

Re: Trading Fur from Different Regions? [Re: coolbrze] #6123657
01/13/18 03:17 PM
01/13/18 03:17 PM
Frederick, Maryland
S
stoney Offline OP
trapper
stoney  Offline OP
trapper
S

Frederick, Maryland
Awesome interest so far guys - that's exactly what I was hoping for, just a means to list what you have or what you're looking for.
To many folks around the country, I'm sure a different specie for a wall hanger is worth more to a trapper than the market is paying.

Coolbrze - my season is likely similar to yours this year! A few weeks ago I shut the line off as well as I couldn't keep sets from freezing solid. Now if it's above freezing it seems to rain. When not raining it's in the 20's again. What part of Virginia are you in?

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread