No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: MISSOULA MONTANA BOUND [Re: BIRDOGS] #6128021
01/16/18 10:47 PM
01/16/18 10:47 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I grew up in south Florida, my father had trawlers, and I was in the ocean snorkeling, diving, swimming all the time. I like water but love the big mountains way more.

Just for interest, there are no cities in Montana- a few bigger towns, yes, but not cities. And much territory in woods and wilderness to explore.

A few here have mentioned a small town that is near and dear to my heart....it is out of the way, remote in remarkable privacy, beautiful, tremendous mountain ranges and much woodlands surrounding, and has everything the outdoors person wants, along with other practical amenities. Fun things and serious things in aiding to living well. Zim used to live in the area , and he loved it too- also saying it has everything a person needs and wants.

There are not a few towns like that all around the whole state .....just a matter of locating the area one wants , and what they need to be in closer proximity to. There are quite a few of them.

There are plusses and minuses to every place. The key to happiness is being where the plusses outweigh the minuses. As long as the main things that make everyday life happy and enjoyable are in place, in constancy , whatever minuses there are become doable. When the minuses equal, or outweigh the plusses-in big things and small, it is merely existing with misery and aggravation with too many things that annoy and inconvenience smooth happy living , on a day to day basis.

Life is too short....

When two people find that area with more plusses to enjoy, and the core of their happiness is being together, enjoying their journey of life hand in hand, that is their exquisite realm in goals achieved in a mighty way. That combination just cannot be beat.

There are many beautiful areas outside Missoula too- that are very commutable into town for school, work, and supplies. The town itself, to me-is not bad in getting around, finding what you need, and seeing all the goods and services that the place has to offer , from medical ,to building supplies - just about everything. And if you love BBQ , in a unique huge log cabin setting, with hunting, trapping, fishing themes in decor all inside the place, do go and experience Famous Dave's . smile

I think, once everyone is settled in, they all will enjoy their own aspects of the area, expand their interests as they learn of things to do , or other places in the state, or maybe another western state...and over time, attain goals and add to their happiness -talents, careers, new country, and friends.

In this hi tec age, no friends or family needs to be lost back in Maryland, either.

Thats what Skype, FT and phones are for.

Planes too. Who knows, in visiting everyone in Montana, one or more of them may get the western longing, too.

Life and love. Tis a mighty thing....

Re: MISSOULA MONTANA BOUND [Re: BIRDOGS] #6128045
01/16/18 10:58 PM
01/16/18 10:58 PM
Montana city, Montana
BIRDOGS Offline OP
trapper
BIRDOGS  Offline OP
trapper

Montana city, Montana
Oh Sharon...... I'm drawn to the big sky country. I know money means a lot out there, but being happy is cheap if you know who you are, and where you need to be to enjoy life.

Montana is 'eye candy' in every direction for me. Sunrise, sun set, and just everything about it. The people seem to really make the state for me..... I'm so tired of these high pressure, "check out my portfolio" types..... just done with it.

Be honest, my mother passed a few years back and I feel no connection, or collusion with this area. my father sold the farm and moved to Delaware with his new wife, I'm happy for him if he's happy! but I now feel like it's time for me to turn the page and finish raising my kids in a nice place that I would be proud to say "I'm from!". You know where I'm going with this.... it's time for me. Life is short, make the best of it......Amen

Re: MISSOULA MONTANA BOUND [Re: BIRDOGS] #6128077
01/16/18 11:17 PM
01/16/18 11:17 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I understand just what you mean.

When I left Florida, all I had left there was my cousin.

Good job, friends , but when I turned my face to the western sun , I never looked back. I knew which way northwest was....

Im so glad I made that choice....for a very profound reason that I couldn't see , back then. And many other good reasons.

We never know what lovely surprises await us, until we take that chance - and head out of the box - think outside the box....

You and yours will be happy !

Re: MISSOULA MONTANA BOUND [Re: BIRDOGS] #6128188
01/17/18 01:10 AM
01/17/18 01:10 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted By: BIRDOGS
Oh Sharon...... I'm drawn to the big sky country. I know money means a lot out there, but being happy is cheap if you know who you are, and where you need to be to enjoy life.

Montana is 'eye candy' in every direction for me. Sunrise, sun set, and just everything about it. The people seem to really make the state for me..... I'm so tired of these high pressure, "check out my portfolio" types..... just done with it.

Be honest, my mother passed a few years back and I feel no connection, or collusion with this area. my father sold the farm and moved to Delaware with his new wife, I'm happy for him if he's happy! but I now feel like it's time for me to turn the page and finish raising my kids in a nice place that I would be proud to say "I'm from!". You know where I'm going with this.... it's time for me. Life is short, make the best of it......Amen

My wife died last year, and like with the death of your mother, I felt I lost the connection with Pennsylvania the state I was living and born and raised in so I moved to Idaho. At Age 70, I still question the move but still am building a house and plan on staying. So go for it. However, the Rocky Mountains are changing. Every year, becoming more liberal. Although Montana is still a conservative, not long ago a democratic mayor in one of the larger Montana towns (can’t remember which one) wanted strict gun control laws. This would never have happened 25 years ago and as one resident said he would have been run out of town in the past yet alone get elected as mayor.

Re: MISSOULA MONTANA BOUND [Re: BIRDOGS] #6128198
01/17/18 01:34 AM
01/17/18 01:34 AM
North Idaho Panhandle
E
elktrack Offline
trapper
elktrack  Offline
trapper
E

North Idaho Panhandle
Well Birdgogs, this has changed a bit from your original post asking about elk, trapping and state land around Missoula. The more I read through this it's obvious that stuff is secondary to you needing to get the heck out of the rat race and get out here where you can rehydrate your soul. You'll be fine no matter where you land out here I'm sure as you've obviously got your priorities right. Get the family out here and things will work out. The Hunting and trapping will work itself out. Keep us posted and hopefully we can link up over a cup of something when you get out this way. Your on the right track IMO

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread