No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Old Orders to O.L. Butcher #6144590
02/01/18 05:16 PM
02/01/18 05:16 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline OP
trapper
TRapper  Offline OP
trapper

Central IA
hey guys...my mom has a good friend up in upstate new york and he bought O. L. Butchers office and all the rest of his lures/traps, etc. that he had left after he had passed. Inside he found these 3 orders that my gpa & my uncle jerry sent out in 1961 & 1962. My gpa has been gone since 2007 and my uncle jerry is still kickin yet. These are a great find. anyone else have stuff like this from their older relatives?

Re: Old Orders to O.L. Butcher [Re: TRapper] #6144601
02/01/18 05:23 PM
02/01/18 05:23 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
That is a super cool find. Amazing that Mr. Butcher kept the envelopes all those years. I wonder who else has envelopes or other paperwork in that stash.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: Old Orders to O.L. Butcher [Re: TRapper] #6144676
02/01/18 07:00 PM
02/01/18 07:00 PM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
I have a large flat rate box of his orders around here somewhere, hundreds of them, I started to go through them looking for people I may know, but never found any in the ones I went through. The really neat part was all of his hand written notes on them, about the orders. Also reading the orders themselves, some explaining the lures and supplies were for their grandkids, and some needed stuff shipped COD but promised they would pay him. Neat old stuff.

Re: Old Orders to O.L. Butcher [Re: TRapper] #6144690
02/01/18 07:15 PM
02/01/18 07:15 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I overheard a conversation at Joe Goodman's stand at the PA Trapping Rendezvous last year as I was looking at some prints and T's.

Phil Brown had walked up and Joe asks, "Your Phil Brown aren't you?"

Phil, goofing around, shakes his head no and I think I blew his cover by chuckling.

Joe told Phil he had come across some old orders and/or letters that Phil had sent to O.L. Butcher back in the day.

I was not trying to eavesdrop but I was too interested to walk away. I stuck around and bought a T-shirt.

Eh...wot?

Re: Old Orders to O.L. Butcher [Re: TRapper] #6144968
02/01/18 10:45 PM
02/01/18 10:45 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I'm still holding several unopened bottles of O.L.butcher's fox lure. Also got several used bottles of fox and coyote lure. Stashed them away when all are fox disappeared. Now we have a few fox again but I wouldn't waste my stash of that old lure at the price they bring.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread