No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147630
02/04/18 02:09 PM
02/04/18 02:09 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted By: Tweed
Originally Posted By: yukon254
Think it was Janet Reno who authorized those ROE ? And I agree it was wrong.

Was Reno appointed during Bush?

Originally Posted By: hippie
In your dreams maybe.

I agree that Reno sucked but....she wasn't the AG until a year later....

Tweed is right the BS investigation that led to the siege started under Ronald Reagan's presidency. The siege and subsequent deaths were under George Bush Senior's term William Barr was the Attorney General at the time of the siege.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147663
02/04/18 02:49 PM
02/04/18 02:49 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
The underlying issue is that even with all the NRA dues payed and Republicans elected, if you cut off the end of your shotgun barrel under an arbitrary measurement the government will A) send you to prison or b) kill you. There are no shortage of agents who willingly enforce this law and a multitude of other utterly ridiculous laws.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: FlyinFinn] #6147669
02/04/18 02:55 PM
02/04/18 02:55 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline OP
trapper
Tweed  Offline OP
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
The underlying issue is that even with all the NRA dues payed and Republicans elected, if you cut off the end of your shotgun barrel under an arbitrary measurement the government will A) send you to prison or b) kill you. There are no shortage of agents who willingly enforce this law and a multitude of other utterly ridiculous laws.

Whether people will admit it or not....the GOP and the DNC are the same thing with different names to give the illusion of choice.

They both want to subjugated and will use the current system mercilessly.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147671
02/04/18 02:57 PM
02/04/18 02:57 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa

Whether people will admit it or not....the GOP and the DNC are the same thing with different names to give the illusion of choice.

They both want to subjugated and will use the current system mercilessly.

Other than when it comes to guns and hunting/trapping.
Make no mistake, Democrats are our enemy.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147676
02/04/18 03:01 PM
02/04/18 03:01 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
...and Republicans are just friendly enough to keep us subjugated, and sendin those re-election funds in.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147683
02/04/18 03:05 PM
02/04/18 03:05 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline OP
trapper
Tweed  Offline OP
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Some maybe even a majority of Dems probably are against hunting but from what I've seen they're not far off from many in the GOP wich is...they couldn't care less.

Heck...even locally ultra liberal Tammy Baldwin supports delisting the wolf and giving management to the state where as Ron John hasn't done a thing...

Last edited by Tweed; 02/04/18 03:06 PM.
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: FlyinFinn] #6147688
02/04/18 03:07 PM
02/04/18 03:07 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
...and Republicans are just friendly enough to keep us subjugated, and sendin those re-election funds in.

Show me a better system, or party.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: FlyinFinn] #6147719
02/04/18 03:32 PM
02/04/18 03:32 PM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

FBI Went To Gatherings of Militia/Survivalist Types And Collected License Plate Numbers Of Which One Was Randy Weaver's.

FBI Sent Out Undercover Informants Out To Associate With, Entrap, & Coerce Persons Known To Associate with These Groups To Try And Get Plants/Moles Undercover Informants Inside To Penetrate These Supposedly Dangerous Groups.

Randy Was Approached By One Of These Informants Wearing A Wire who Offered To Pay Randy Big Money For Shot Guns.

Weaver, Being In Bad Financial Straits And Was Desperate For Money To Support His Home & Family, So He Agreed To Sell Some To The Wired Informant.
The Wired Informant Told Weaver He Needed The Barrels Cut Down Some, And Showed Weaver Where To Cut The Barrel Length Down To, Indicating by Pointing His Finger Where He wanted them Cut Off.

Weaver Did as Instructed, Sold The Guns, and Then Was Later Arrested On Illegal Weapons Charges, Told Charges Would Be Dropped/adjusted If He Cooperated as An Informant.

It Is Undisputed That Weaver Was Later Aquitted of His Original Charges Of Possession & Sale Of Illegal Firearms By An Idaho Jury Of His Peers Due To Entrapment By Federal Informants On The FBI Payroll.

So This was really Just Like Another Fast & Furious Operation That Blew Up In the Fed's Faces.

As The Family Matriarch, Vicki Weaver Ultimately Made the Decision That Randy NOT APPEAR In Court To Answer The Weapons Charges from Which The "Failure to Appear" Charges Stemmed Which Was What Sent In The HRT Hit Squad and Caused It's Disasterous Results.

Randy May have Been A Squirrely, Right Wing, Paranoid, Religious Zealot, From The So-called Christian Identity Movement, But He certainly wasn't worthy of a FBI HRT Hit-Squad Invading His Property, Shooting His Labrador Retreiver, Shooting His 14 Year-old Son In the back as He was Running Away, and Shooting To Kill At Kevin Harris, and Then Head-Shooting Vicki Weaver Like A Ripe Melon.

Kevin Harris Fired Back At FBI Gunner Bill Deegan In Self-Defense After Being Fired Upon, and After watching 14 Year-Old Sammy Weaver Get Shot in The Back.

There Is Some Blame To Go Around On Both Sides, But The Vast Majority Can be Layed At The Feet Of The FBI.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 02/04/18 03:47 PM.

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147724
02/04/18 03:34 PM
02/04/18 03:34 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You let out just how bat-crap crazy they were Walleyed.
Sending letters to the President and so on.

They just didn't pick this guys name out of a hat and say, we're gonna go frame him.

Last edited by hippie; 02/04/18 03:38 PM.
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147733
02/04/18 03:46 PM
02/04/18 03:46 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN

No. Don't be lazy; find one yourself. However, it may be easier to keep cutting checks to the same old creeps and keep the status qou.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147742
02/04/18 03:54 PM
02/04/18 03:54 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
They just didn't pick this guys name out of a hat and say, we're gonna go frame him.

Not a hat, but maybe a box!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147744
02/04/18 03:57 PM
02/04/18 03:57 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

You saying the outcome could have been different if Randy had just put his pants on that morning?

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: FlyinFinn] #6147747
02/04/18 04:01 PM
02/04/18 04:01 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa

No. Don't be lazy; find one yourself. However, it may be easier to keep cutting checks to the same old creeps and keep the status qou.

I'm not the one whining every day about our country, you are so i figured you had a better system figured out. Well, not really.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147749
02/04/18 04:04 PM
02/04/18 04:04 PM
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

You let out just how bat-crap crazy they were Walleyed.
Sending letters to the President and so on.

Nope,

No question The Weavers Were A Bit Out There, But That Is NOT against the Law In Our Country Nor Should It Illicit The Biased & Violent Response That Was Visited Upon Their Family

But Following a Whacky Version Of Interpreting The Bible, Being Paranoid & Mistrusting Of Federal Agents Who Entrapped You Into Committing A Firearms Violation (Proven In court), And Then Changing The Date In Court On When You Are Supposed To Appear (Also Proven In Court), And Writing A Squirrely Letter To The President Shouldn't Earn You, Your Dog, and Your Family A Violent attack By An FBI HRT Federal Death Squad Either.

Federal Duplicity and Massive Over-Reach Once Again.

And We Are Talking About The Same FBI That Is Currently In The News Today For Honesty & Integrity.

LMFAO !!! laugh

w

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: FairbanksLS] #6147750
02/04/18 04:06 PM
02/04/18 04:06 PM
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: gray dog

You saying the outcome could have been different if Randy had just put his pants on that morning?

Whose Saying ? laugh

w

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147757
02/04/18 04:10 PM
02/04/18 04:10 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Not against the law, that's for sure. And not enough to kill them over, imo.

The old saying holds true, go looking for a fight, you will probably find one.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147770
02/04/18 04:30 PM
02/04/18 04:30 PM
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

Not against the law, that's for sure. And not enough to kill them over, imo.

The old saying holds true, go looking for a fight, you will probably find one.

The Problem Is The Feds Often Cast A Broad Net To Come Up With As Many Informants As Possible (Like Fast & Furious) and The Law Of Unintended Consequences (OOPS) Comes Back to Bite Them Later.

Bottom Line Is Randy Weaver Was A Nobody Caught Up In FBI Game Playing Dragnet.

He And His Family Weren't Rational from A Normal, Mainstream Standpoint.

His Wife Wore The Pants and Told Him Not To Appear and Plus Appearing was Too Much Of An Overwhelming

Pyscological Obstacle He Couldn't Overcome Due To His religious Beliefs So He Just Didn't Show Up.

You Or I Would Have Lawyered Up, Appeared To Answer The Charges,

Had Our Day In Court, And Took Our Medicine, Or Maybe Even Beat The Rap.

But Weaver Wasn't Normal Or Rational and Did Not Cooperate As Expected By the Feds

So Instead, The Feds Decided To Escalate, Reached The Point Of No Return, and Ignited a Firestorm That

Engulfed Everyone Involved.

Tell me If You think The FBI, Or Later The BATF At Waco, have Learned from Their Mistakes And Changed Their Standard Operating Procedures.

Obama's And Eric Holder's FBI Operation Fast And Furious Fiasco Tells Me They Haven't Learned A Thing.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 02/04/18 04:36 PM.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: Tweed] #6147778
02/04/18 04:33 PM
02/04/18 04:33 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
The Marshalls were there first if i remember correctly? (and who was killed?)
I don't feel like looking back at this again and am going from my good, but short memory :))

That's usually who the court sends to bring in scofflaws.

Last edited by hippie; 02/04/18 04:34 PM.
Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147791
02/04/18 04:46 PM
02/04/18 04:46 PM
W
walleyed Online happy
trapper
walleyed  Online Happy
trapper
W

The Marshalls were there first if i remember correctly? (and who was killed?)
I don't feel like looking back at this again and am going from my good, but short memory :))

That's usually who the court sends to bring in scofflaws.

FBI Sent In The "Elite" Hostage Rescue Team Of Four Shooters on to Randy weaver's private property .

They Got Spotted By Striker, Sammy Weaver's Labrador, And They Ran, Striker chased Them So One Of them Shot The Dog.

Sammy Weaver Yelled "You Shot My Dog, you S.O.B". and Triggered Off An Un-aimed Burst of Fire From His Rifle, and Started Running Away.

HRT Gunner/Shooter Bill Degan Then Shot 14 Year old Sammy In The Back as He ran away,Killing Him, and at That Point Every Gunner/Shooter On the HRT Opened Up. Then Kevin Harris Shot and Killed Degan In self defense after Harris Himself Came Under Fire.

Randy weaver Never Fired a shot, Ever.

w

Last edited by walleyed; 02/04/18 06:43 PM.

Re: Ruby Ridge PBS [Re: hippie] #6147806
02/04/18 05:00 PM
02/04/18 05:00 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN

I'm not the one whining every day about our country, you are so i figured you had a better system figured out. Well, not really.

I do have a better system figured out. You can either find one for yourself or continue on with the status qou. It matters little to me what you do. I would put money on the bet that you'll continue to be part of the problem.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread