ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Raccoon Question #6154235
02/11/18 01:05 AM
02/11/18 01:05 AM
New York
Short Track Offline OP
trapper
Short Track  Offline OP
trapper

New York
For you ADC guys.... do you find customers opposed to lethal Raccoon removal ?

Or do most understand lethal traps are quick & easy, and most effective.

Just a weekend trapper...
Re: Raccoon Question [Re: Short Track] #6154240
02/11/18 01:16 AM
02/11/18 01:16 AM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
Kill traps are quick, easy and most effective, but there is not a second chance with them. Meaning if a raccoon can get into a trap so can a pet or a stray which is something not to begin.
As my appliance shop does not tell me what happens to my washing machine when they take it away, I am not being paid to get into an education on why a captured animal is not dumped as it displaces animals already in that location. So the vague answer is the animal will be relocated and the buried in hole is not mentioned.
I do live trap only, as coons are stupid animals that can not help but be caught and an L shaped piece of plywood making the trap a tunnel, keeps everyone from knowing what I am doing outside a house and in a garden or field, the bare trap is not noticed.
I hope that helps.

Re: Raccoon Question [Re: Short Track] #6154433
02/11/18 10:53 AM
02/11/18 10:53 AM
Virginia
K
Kurt in Va Offline
trapper
Kurt in Va  Offline
trapper
K

Virginia
I think most guys don't use kill traps on the ground, not all but most. They do sometimes on the roof for
that one raccoon that just won't go into a cage, over the entrance/ exit hole. This is the day of the camera phone! And not all states allow nuisance trappers all kinds of traps to use.

Re: Raccoon Question [Re: Short Track] #6154532
02/11/18 12:35 PM
02/11/18 12:35 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
bucket sets are great in an attic...if coon are there....toted out in a burlap sack....lined with newspaper to absorb any fluids emitted.

I don't want folks or their kids or neighbors to see a coon in 1 if it can be avoided.

Cages on the ground are easy and more accepted, and sweet bait avoid most non targets--Nanna's kitty kats, etc.

When I explain that a body gripper is the MOST humane/economical tool I use, most are accepting....others prefer I use the gas chamber once I cage em...even though it costs more for gas/time....but I let them decide.

You can also use a Dispatch Chute off site, so they come out of the cage into the chute and awaiting 220.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread