No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Hydropillar] #6158646
02/15/18 11:14 AM
02/15/18 11:14 AM
minnesota
garman Offline
trapper
garman  Offline
trapper

minnesota
Originally Posted By: Hydropillar
maybe trump will be like regan and give out some gubermint cheese :}... that was some good stuff had grill cheese n mater soup for long time... dang i miss them days

That was good cheese, had it growing up sometimes. They always handed out alot of rice and other items as well.

"NR trapping, what a concept accepting those who have supported us"
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Teallbrook] #6158668
02/15/18 11:31 AM
02/15/18 11:31 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
You can work on SS Disability also.

Yes, but if you earn $100, they take away $100.
Probly depending on how much you receive.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6197210
03/23/18 07:55 PM
03/23/18 07:55 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Tweed
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa

I’ll sure take a picture and post it whenever I am able to get to a restaurant that offers it.

At some sonic drive ins, its one of the payment options on the self service screen.

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

I finally made it to that town—-Eunice, Louisiana. Their sonic drive in has changed the way you pay. In the past, there was a small, green screen next to a slot for inserting your card. The screen said

“Credit Card———>”
“Debit Card———>
“EBT——————>”

That entire screen/slot has been removed and replaced by a black cover. Now, the slot is in the center, and the payment options are touch screen.

I am telling you that EBT was listed there for a while, at least a year. It just isn’t there now. It WAS there.

Besides, if they let them buy all the junk food, fried pork fat, and sodas they want, they might as well let them buy anything from anywhere,

Just wanted to let you know that I did go look so I could give you an update. Cya

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: KeithC] #6197250
03/23/18 08:30 PM
03/23/18 08:30 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted By: KeithC
As to eugenics, people can be genetically improved, by selective breeding. It's a true fact that makes almost all of us uncomfortable. The wrong people have most of the children in our society. [quote]

Like a Farmer Breeding his best Cow to the best Bull he can get.

Oh, yeah, that will go over well in the USA crazy shocked

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Gary Benson] #6197427
03/23/18 10:59 PM
03/23/18 10:59 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
There are many folks on Social Security who would love to work for xtra money but the Govt wont allow it...meanwhile businesses are needing help.

I don't believe your comment is factually correct.

Last edited by beeman; 03/23/18 11:16 PM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Gary Benson] #6197447
03/23/18 11:18 PM
03/23/18 11:18 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
You can work on SS Disability also.

Yes, but if you earn $100, they take away $100.
Probly depending on how much you receive.

Here is some reading on how much a person can earn while on SS.

https://finance.zacks.com/much-can-retir...efits-6767.html

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Aix sponsa] #6197531
03/24/18 05:54 AM
03/24/18 05:54 AM
South Central PA
oneoldboot Offline
trapper
oneoldboot  Offline
trapper

South Central PA
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
Originally Posted By: Tweed
[quote=Aix sponsa]

I’ll sure take a picture and post it whenever I am able to get to a restaurant that offers it.

At some sonic drive ins, its one of the payment options on the self service screen.

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

At face value, this seems messed up, but consider this:

If someone wants to have a hamburger, they will buy (for example) ground meat, rolls, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup. Vegetables are expensive and cannot be stored too long, so it can be cost prohibitive buy them.

It might actually more economical and healthier to buy a burger at fast food place!

Another thing:

A friend had a baby and she discovered her husband was a closet addict and was self-destructing. She took baby and moved to get out of the situation . She was using WIC and day care benefit. She had a very strong work ethic, but only made a little more than minimum wage. She had an opportunity to pick up some overtime and did. She went to her welfare appointment and they told her that she made too much money and she was loosing her childcare benefit.

She said this was because someone called off and she picked up extra hours. If she lost this benefit, she wouldn't be able to work at all because she had no support. The case worker cut her some slack and told her NOT to work extra hours or it would be lost in the future. So an extra one-time $50 almost caused her to loose this huge benefit!

The system does not allow people to get "ahead." I am not saying luxury items, just improve their standard of living, like getting a microwave or a chair for the living room.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6197564
03/24/18 07:38 AM
03/24/18 07:38 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
We need to try Milton Friedmans negative Income Tax idea.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6197577
03/24/18 07:52 AM
03/24/18 07:52 AM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Remeber that we are a cunsumption based economy. Cut the food stamps and a domino effect will run through the economy.

The funny thing is nobody bat's an eye at QE,Bank bailout's,etc.. The banker can get a multi million dollar bonus at the tax payer's expense but that low wage worker better not get a couple hundred in food stamps ! wink

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 03/24/18 08:01 AM.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6198182
03/24/18 05:33 PM
03/24/18 05:33 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Don't know how many times I've been approached by somebody in the grocery offering to pay for MY goods with THEIR food stamps in exchange for cash.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6198225
03/24/18 06:22 PM
03/24/18 06:22 PM
Virginia
A
acrews145 Offline
trapper
acrews145  Offline
trapper
A

Virginia
The whole system is flawed. It has created a group of individuals (some may say generation) who expect things to be given to them for free. The government programs which benefit the poor are beneficial, as long as they try. A program should be instituted to give something back for the benefits received. For example, go pick up trash for a day or volunteer for something. WIC is a good program as it gives limits to what can be received. It only pays for nutritional items and is not like SNAP benefits where any food item can be bought. Some people get astronomical amounts of SNAP benefits to spend on any food item. The government says they cannot place restrictions on items because it would increase the cost of the program. People have come to expect things given to them. Our majority population is taking this attitude which presents the political side. This part of society is going to vote for whoever promises the most "free stuff" causing a vicious cycle.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread