No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps #6156673
02/13/18 03:23 PM
02/13/18 03:23 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline OP
trapper
charles  Offline OP
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
What is your opinion of replacing food stamps with boxed food deliveries? Should be good for farmers as a way to move commodity surpluses. WalMart takes one fith of all food stamps. They will oppose the program.

Bothers me to see SNAP cards used to purchase foods I cant justify for my family.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156675
02/13/18 03:27 PM
02/13/18 03:27 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Eliminate both

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156685
02/13/18 03:48 PM
02/13/18 03:48 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
EBT is a very abused program bought and sold for .20 on the dollar cash to buy drugs and alcohol~

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156693
02/13/18 04:16 PM
02/13/18 04:16 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I remember back in the 60's even they had canned meat, evaporated milk,cheese and many other foods available. I am not sure why that was ended but few now days know how to cook compared to back then.

Government should NEVER be the keeper of the population but we as a whole have allowed this to happen. Charity used to be handled by the churches.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156694
02/13/18 04:18 PM
02/13/18 04:18 PM
Southern Wisconsin
F
Fishdog One Offline
trapper
Fishdog One  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Wisconsin
Big Sugar lobby is all about candy, soda, bakery product being included on the card. My Dad is 91 and lives on Social Security and gets $15 dollars a month, he should have 5 kids living in his apartment with him, he would get more.

Born twice, die once
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156698
02/13/18 04:19 PM
02/13/18 04:19 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: charles
What is your opinion of replacing food stamps with boxed food deliveries? Should be good for farmers as a way to move commodity surpluses. WalMart takes one fith of all food stamps. They will oppose the program.

Bothers me to see SNAP cards used to purchase foods I cant justify for my family.

This used to be how it was done. I have no issue with giving out beans, rice, flour, etc... Commodities that have very little value other than nutritional. And I have no issue putting conditions on receipt of those commodities.

I do have an issue with the taxpayers money going to fund extravagant meals with no accountability.

In the old testament God made it perfectly acceptable for travelers to wander into your fields and eat their fill. But they couldn't take a single kernel of grain with them when they left. People didn't go hungry, but abuse wasn't possible.

We need to figure out a way to feed hungry people without condoning a shiftless lifestyle.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156701
02/13/18 04:20 PM
02/13/18 04:20 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Those commodities are death in a can/box all salt and starch in most of them but like anything you can "learn" to eat the stuff but it will never be good for you.

I would not feed that stuff to my chickens!

Last edited by Law Dog; 02/13/18 04:22 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156703
02/13/18 04:22 PM
02/13/18 04:22 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
What is the time limit for this type of 'help'?

6-9 months and then it should end unless its an extreme case......really pees me off to see so many very well dressed and obviously well fed folks using this type of payment. I have seen a few that walk outside and get in a brand new vehicle and drive away.

Some of us scrape by on our own......maybe we are the stupid ones?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6156707
02/13/18 04:25 PM
02/13/18 04:25 PM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Those commodities are death in a can/box all salt and starch in most of them but like anything you can "learn" to eat the stuff but it will never be good for you.

I don't see a link explaining what would be handed out, so what are you referring to?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156709
02/13/18 04:26 PM
02/13/18 04:26 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Last I knew, the Cherokees still pass out commodities to members of their tribe.

It's good stuff made with real ingredients. Their Mac n' Cheese blows Kraft's garbage out of the water.

I'm just a poor working white stiff... So I have to budget and make good choices about what I eat.

Hard to screw up a bag of pinto beans.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156710
02/13/18 04:28 PM
02/13/18 04:28 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
There must be different grades of commodities the stuff they hand out is nasty but the youth academy I worked at was considered "Non-profit" somehow and the stuff they got was a better grade you would be surprised what came off of that truck as a commodity. Meats, salad dressings, cheese and a lot more some was pretty good stuff, they never got the canned meats for some reason.

I had the same Government boxes but seemed like better stuff.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: M.Magis] #6156713
02/13/18 04:30 PM
02/13/18 04:30 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted By: M.Magis

I don't see a link explaining what would be handed out, so what are you referring to?

Find a can of meat products and try to eat some it will answer your question, does everything need a link? LOL

Look up the diabetes and High blood pressure numbers on the Indian reservations that might answer you question too.

Last edited by Law Dog; 02/13/18 04:35 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156722
02/13/18 04:38 PM
02/13/18 04:38 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I can see the pros to this that it could reduce the amount of fraud or abuse but it seems like any savings seen from that would be offset by the cost of distributing.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156724
02/13/18 04:40 PM
02/13/18 04:40 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
maybe trump will be like regan and give out some gubermint cheese :}... that was some good stuff had grill cheese n mater soup for long time... dang i miss them days

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156742
02/13/18 04:57 PM
02/13/18 04:57 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
If you have ever been in a SD jail at meal time you would see the negative effect commodities have on people that depended on them, it is common practice to cover everything with salt and then blacken it with pepper to get to the level they are accustom to.

Not sure what they get now on the Rez but the kids at the Academy had a lot of commodity jokes and saying it was a big part of their lives that still impacts them today.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Drifter] #6156750
02/13/18 05:08 PM
02/13/18 05:08 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Drifter
I remember back in the 60's even they had canned meat, evaporated milk,cheese and many other foods available. I am not sure why that was ended but few now days know how to cook compared to back then.
Best I recall that program was ended because it cost so much to operate.
Government paid trucks, drivers, warehouse men, warehouses, distribution facilities, local administrators; there was an industry in commodity transportation and handling that made a ponud of pinto beans cost as much as three pounds of Porterhouse.

Euthanization, eugenics and sterilization of all who fail to meet economic standards is the only solution. Forget all this save the children stuff, they are contributing nothing. Face it in honesty, no one outside of our personal circles of family, religion, or political views should be allowed to reproduce or to influence future society by raising children.
As Jackson said, "Nits make lice" so start by sterilizing all welfare applicants and all their children over the age of twelve. Then euthanize all second time applicants or first time applicants over the age of forty. Set a "poverty level of 100,000 and limit anyone under that level to only one child or two children with IQ levels of 140 or greater.
Reevaluate every five years to determine if adjustments are needed.
Exempt all redheaded people from the controls programs, redheads are to be the most desirable future genetic marker.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156753
02/13/18 05:09 PM
02/13/18 05:09 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
The concept is sound. But it would have to be intensively managed and there are a lot of questions left to be answered. One thing I'd implement is that the companies providing the "meals" could only be responsible for X amount of meals per day. This allows them to maintain quality in what they are putting together and ensuring that fresh foods are being delivered. It also opens the door for a new expanding market in which multiple companies could get on board and begin working, thus increasing employment and increasing the use of domestically produced seasonal foods. If you are trying to make them eat healthier, you have to use fresher foods and "Shelf stable milk" should NEVER be an option for anyone. I was given that crap in the Marines and it was death in a box.

I do like the idea though, give them healthier food, with options for consideration of allergies, and cut down on the black market EBT cards.

Last edited by Rye; 02/13/18 05:11 PM.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6156754
02/13/18 05:10 PM
02/13/18 05:10 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Tweed
I can see the pros to this that it could reduce the amount of fraud or abuse but it seems like any savings seen from that would be offset by the cost of distributing.

That was the result back then. But it did create jobs and expand the government bureaucracy.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6156755
02/13/18 05:13 PM
02/13/18 05:13 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted By: tjm
Government paid trucks, drivers, warehouse men, warehouses, distribution facilities, local administrators; there was an industry in commodity transportation and handling that made a ponud of pinto beans cost as much as three pounds of Porterhouse.

Euthanization, eugenics and sterilization of all who fail to meet economic standards is the only solution. Forget all this save the children stuff, they are contributing nothing. Face it in honesty, no one outside of our personal circles of family, religion, or political views should be allowed to reproduce or to influence future society by raising children.
As Jackson said, "Nits make lice" so start by sterilizing all welfare applicants and all their children over the age of twelve. Then euthanize all second time applicants or first time applicants over the age of forty. Set a "poverty level of 100,000 and limit anyone under that level to only one child or two children with IQ levels of 140 or greater.
Exempt all redheaded people from the controls programs, redheads are to be the most desirable future genetic marker.

Sounds familiar. Funny that you call it the only solution.

Last edited by Ryan McLeod; 02/13/18 05:15 PM.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Ryan McLeod] #6156761
02/13/18 05:20 PM
02/13/18 05:20 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
More like a final solution...

I’d like to think TJM was being a little sarcastic.

Last edited by DelawareRob; 02/13/18 05:21 PM.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rye] #6156764
02/13/18 05:24 PM
02/13/18 05:24 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Rye
The concept is sound. But it would have to be intensively managed and there are a lot of questions left to be answered. One thing I'd implement is that the companies providing the "meals" could only be responsible for X amount of meals per day. This allows them to maintain quality in what they are putting together and ensuring that fresh foods are being delivered. It also opens the door for a new expanding market in which multiple companies could get on board and begin working, thus increasing employment and increasing the use of domestically produced seasonal foods. If you are trying to make them eat healthier, you have to use fresher foods and "Shelf stable milk" should NEVER be an option for anyone. I was given that crap in the Marines and it was death in a box.

I do like the idea though, give them healthier food, with options for consideration of allergies, and cut down on the black market EBT cards.
The cards are electronically tracable there is no accountability or tractability of raw produce and commodities; they were either "lost" in shipment or spoiled before distribution, while being sold to the intended recipients or being traded for goods or services by the handlers and distributors.

Eliminate these leeches and eliminate the problems, in concert with sterilization of recipients include all applicants for the jobs that would allow abuse of the commodity distribution program. Might not keep them from operating a black market but would keep them from having kids that grow up to work for the government.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156767
02/13/18 05:27 PM
02/13/18 05:27 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
TJM,

I give your comments ZERO merit. It's rare I find an individual more extreme in their views that I am. You are one of those. I give your comments no merit not because they differ from my own thoughts, but because that are obviously a pipe dream and far too extreme for 99.9% of the population that isn't mentally ill to embrace.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rye] #6156768
02/13/18 05:31 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Rye
TJM,

I give your comments ZERO merit. It's rare I find an individual more extreme in their views that I am. You are one of those. I give your comments no merit not because they differ from my own thoughts, but because that are obviously a pipe dream and far too extreme for 99.9% of the population that isn't mentally ill to embrace.
Not really my dream, simply expanding the commonly expressed views to a logical conclusion.
Reality is there is no solution, just situation management.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156769
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Seen a lady on the Rez once pulling out EBT cards like she was playing cards she had a Crown Royal bag of them she had bought from others on the cheap.

Yes EBT is way better then "here eat this" but the commodity damage still exist today and corruption is very common.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: DelawareRob] #6156772
02/13/18 05:34 PM
02/13/18 05:34 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: DelawareRob
More like a final solution...
All solutions are final. when a problem is solved, there is no more problem. Anything less than final is not a solution, just a continuation of the problem.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156773
02/13/18 05:39 PM
02/13/18 05:39 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
What is a heavier burden, SNAP fraud or Military spending fraud/waste/abuse?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6156786
02/13/18 05:57 PM
02/13/18 05:57 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Neither is actually a burden, both provide countless jobs and aid the economy and expand the tax base. Both are funded by make believe (fiat) money borrowed from other countries.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156823
02/13/18 06:41 PM
02/13/18 06:41 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I was a Lions International member for 20
years....at Christmas time we would take boxes of food items to needy families.
I was also the garbage man in the same area. If it required cooking or effort, much of it went into the trash.
I once picked up 21 sacks of food items beside a dumpster at a low-income housing where someone was moving out.
Worst thing we can do is make it easy for somebody. A working man dont have it easy.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156827
02/13/18 06:45 PM
02/13/18 06:45 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Making life easy is how the opposition gets their votes.
Down here on the rez the guys who grew up on commodities are said to have "mod bods".

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6156830
02/13/18 06:47 PM
02/13/18 06:47 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

Yeah... Scrap what I said earlier. Railroad cars. We need railroad cars.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156839
02/13/18 06:55 PM
02/13/18 06:55 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline OP
trapper
charles  Offline OP
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I didn't read anything in the article about meals, just groceries. Recipients can cook without fat and salt if they wish. Be good if a person's doctor could contact the distribution point and eliminate foods that the patient should avoid.

Someone mentioned "well clothed and well fed". I might add gold jewelry, salon fingernails and hair braids, tattoos, SSI and disability income, free Obamacare, Air Jordans, multiple cell phones, designer jeans, and the all important Cadillac Escalade in the driveway. Then they get earned income credit, child care, free lunch and breakfast for the kids, energy assistance, and housing, not to mention law enforcement costs, prison costs, and drug treatment. We all pay for this stuff because many are not working even with jobs going unfilled. They do save money on belts.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156848
02/13/18 07:03 PM
02/13/18 07:03 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I have a relative that her hubby takes less work to not mess up the free money coming in and will put her Mom in the poor house as she gives a tick on a dogs butt competition sucking her Mom dry!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156850
02/13/18 07:04 PM
02/13/18 07:04 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
That food that they are proposing to give out, will be like the Meals on Wheels, or that food the senior folks that live at home, and are on long term home care , get. Packaged , boxed up meals, made either in a Hospital or in a factory somewhere. Over salted, bland, tasteless , fruit that got frozen from being too close to the dry ice in the shipping box. Not enough to fill your stomach, dessert will consist of a hard chocolate chip cookie. 1 small container of fat free Milk. Oh, and sometimes the food will be so bad, even the Dog won't eat it !!

A person would be better off, getting meals delivered from the local Restaurant !

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156853
02/13/18 07:06 PM
02/13/18 07:06 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Still more then the people paying for it are getting out of it.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156861
02/13/18 07:16 PM
02/13/18 07:16 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
I really dont have a problem with anyone getting food stamps as long as the farmers get the tax break where they deduct 20% off gross sales when they sell to a cooperative. that puts there tax burden at zero!

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Canvasback2] #6156872
02/13/18 07:26 PM
02/13/18 07:26 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: Canvasback2
That food that they are proposing to give out, will be like the Meals on Wheels, or that food the senior folks that live at home, and are on long term home care , get. Packaged , boxed up meals, made either in a Hospital or in a factory somewhere. Over salted, bland, tasteless , fruit that got frozen from being too close to the dry ice in the shipping box. Not enough to fill your stomach, dessert will consist of a hard chocolate chip cookie. 1 small container of fat free Milk. Oh, and sometimes the food will be so bad, even the Dog won't eat it !!

A person would be better off, getting meals delivered from the local Restaurant !

Sounds like incentive to get a job to me then.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6156897
02/13/18 08:13 PM
02/13/18 08:13 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
EBT is a very abused program bought and sold for .20 on the dollar cash to buy drugs and alcohol~

Be careful where you say it , but oh so true

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6156901
02/13/18 08:18 PM
02/13/18 08:18 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Seen a lady on the Rez once pulling out EBT cards like she was playing cards she had a Crown Royal bag of them she had bought from others on the cheap.

Yes EBT is way better then "here eat this" but the commodity damage still exist today and corruption is very common.

to bad it happens all over not just on the Rez

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Snowpa] #6156908
02/13/18 08:26 PM
02/13/18 08:26 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted By: Snowpa

That’s true.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: yotetrapper30] #6156914
02/13/18 08:31 PM
02/13/18 08:31 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper30

Sounds like incentive to get a job to me then.

Getting a job when the person is 90 years old , is going to be a bit difficult ...

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Snowpa] #6156935
02/13/18 08:50 PM
02/13/18 08:50 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted By: Snowpa

For sure I ran a Schwan's truck until I got into the Sheriff's Office and that was the monthly trip to both Reservations on the 11th of every month I have a lot of good friends up that way!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157008
02/13/18 09:55 PM
02/13/18 09:55 PM
Westmoreland Co. PA
wstrnPAtrapper Offline
trapper
wstrnPAtrapper  Offline
trapper

Westmoreland Co. PA
Should pass a drug test to get anything

It’s a long road to wisdom. It’s a short one to being ignored.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6157047
02/13/18 10:22 PM
02/13/18 10:22 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
Neither is actually a burden, both provide countless jobs and aid the economy and expand the tax base. Both are funded by make believe (fiat) money borrowed from other countries.

X2
the faster they print money into oblivion the faster we can have a civil war and try and get things back to reality.... sadly it takes oppr
ession ,genocide, starvation, and war, study history!

the money isnt borrowed .. mostly just inflated wich oure media says is less than 2% i hate to be a doomsdayer but were looking at some ugly times ahead.. we dont have a fiscally responcible party we have liberals and less liberals..

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157052
02/13/18 10:30 PM
02/13/18 10:30 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
A lot of "pro poverty" people on this thread. I thought politics were banned? Oh well, I'll throw in my two cents.

Speaking of spending money, current administration budget will be about a trillion dollars in the red YEARLY. I didn't see any increases for poor people.

It's all part of the grand Republican plan: run up debt, declare an emergency, and reduce or eliminate so-called "entitlements" which help out the "poor" (Medicare, Medicade, Social Security). All of which were created by Democrats by the way.

Reminder: Slick Willie was the last President to run a budget surplus.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157056
02/13/18 10:34 PM
02/13/18 10:34 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Rat , what you got against people feeding themselves ?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6157059
02/13/18 10:37 PM
02/13/18 10:37 PM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio

Find a can of meat products and try to eat some it will answer your question, does everything need a link? LOL

Look up the diabetes and High blood pressure numbers on the Indian reservations that might answer you question too.

So you’re making it up. Thats what I thought. You have no idea wha they have planned.

Last edited by M.Magis; 02/13/18 10:39 PM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157062
02/13/18 10:39 PM
02/13/18 10:39 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
No problem at all, sometimes people need help. What I am against is rich people getting breaks and people in the middle pointing their fingers at the poor.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157067
02/13/18 10:42 PM
02/13/18 10:42 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Yep it's them dang rich people's fault

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157070
02/13/18 10:46 PM
02/13/18 10:46 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
The problems with most of the proposals made here are that your system would cost more to administer, or else leave people starving in the streets.

Rats, I appreciate your thinking, but if I were you I'd clean up that post of political references.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157071
02/13/18 10:48 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
It's not the rich people's fault. But why pick on the poor?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157072
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
How long would they starve in the streets ? Jimmy

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157075
02/13/18 10:49 PM
02/13/18 10:49 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
How long would they starve in the streets ? Jimmy

I don't get your point.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157082
02/13/18 10:52 PM
02/13/18 10:52 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted By: Rats!
It's not the rich people's fault. But why pick on the poor?

Giving someone something they did not earn is more likely to destroy them

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157085
02/13/18 10:54 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I want to bring things back around to spending money on poor people. What we spend on the needy is a drop in the bucket. Where is all this money going? A trillion a year in deficits??

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157086
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Make them line up for their food.Line them up against the wall,and feed them meatballs with a slingshot,like they do in the old age homes.
I think I'll go fry up a mess of Klik.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157091
02/13/18 10:57 PM
02/13/18 10:57 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
A lot of "pro poverty" people on this thread. I thought politics were banned? Oh well, I'll throw in my two cents.

Speaking of spending money, current administration budget will be about a trillion dollars in the red YEARLY. I didn't see any increases for poor people.

It's all part of the grand Republican plan: run up debt, declare an emergency, and reduce or eliminate so-called "entitlements" which help out the "poor" (Medicare, Medicade, Social Security). All of which were created by Democrats by the way.

Reminder: Slick Willie was the last President to run a budget surplus.

that is the biggest lie slick willy pulled off!! if we had a budget surplus why didn't the national debt reduce?? the took some numbers that were a little better than last months the multiplied by the spped of light they came up with a surplus... then he played the sacks and all the liberal went to jivin!! keep on jivin dude !!!!
didnt work enough intelligent people in the usa.. proof is in the pudding Trump is the POTUS

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Boco] #6157098
02/13/18 11:02 PM
02/13/18 11:02 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Originally Posted By: Boco
Make them line up for their food.Line them up against the wall,and feed them meatballs with a slingshot,like they do in the old age homes.
I think I'll go fry up a mess of Klik.

Sounds like a lot more fun than our old folks homes!

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157103
02/13/18 11:04 PM
02/13/18 11:04 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Nazi in your midst:

from tjm:

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157121
02/13/18 11:16 PM
02/13/18 11:16 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
^^^ Methinks that Rats! doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157122
02/13/18 11:20 PM
02/13/18 11:20 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I am out of here, goodnight.
The point I am trying to make is that poor people have it rough, and I have EMPATHY.
I know that many of you are Christians and if you don't have any feelings for the less fortunate then you are not at all like Jesus.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157127
02/13/18 11:24 PM
02/13/18 11:24 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
How many are poor because of life choices?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157136
02/13/18 11:33 PM
02/13/18 11:33 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
G'niiiiiite

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157138
02/13/18 11:37 PM
02/13/18 11:37 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
I am out of here, goodnight.
The point I am trying to make is that poor people have it rough, and I have EMPATHY.
I know that many of you are Christians and if you don't have any feelings for the less fortunate then you are not at all like Jesus.

Classic. Absolutely classic.
I appreciate the "I" statements you made. "I have empathy"...that's great, I applauded you. However, forcing other people to feed someone else at the end of a gun or prison cell isn't empathy. Government is incapable of true empathy, that is only possible in the realm of individuals.
There is a certain amount of waste and fraud that needs to acceptable in any government program. I don't know how to make it the least amount possible. I'm willing to try new things in regards to food stamps. I doubt any tweak will end with people starving to death in the street. If that were to occur, many people would experience true empathy, by feed those hungry people themselves.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157140
02/13/18 11:40 PM
02/13/18 11:40 PM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I'm back. My point is, for all you fiscal conservatives out there: Anti-poverty measures are but a small part of the budget. Where is the BIG money going? To people who already have plenty. We cannot all be rich, it is impossible.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: M.Magis] #6157142
02/13/18 11:41 PM
02/13/18 11:41 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted By: M.Magis

So you’re making it up. Thats what I thought. You have no idea wha they have planned.

Been living here the last 40 years working with the people that live here you might have a app for that but I have been living it!

Last edited by Law Dog; 02/13/18 11:42 PM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157143
02/13/18 11:44 PM
02/13/18 11:44 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Wow I showed up late for the party. Lol
We could fix a lot if we just sent all the illegal imagrout and groners out of the USA. A LOT OF IT.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157148
02/13/18 11:51 PM
02/13/18 11:51 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
There will always be those without money to buy food. It could be for a lot of reasons from just bad luck to irresponsibility to who knows what. It not only affects them but it affects their dependents, and even ME. Yes, me.

People need to eat. They will find food even if comes to stealing it, or stealing whatever to trade for it.

We need a program to keep people fed. It doesn't need to include French wine and Russian caviar. Limit the benefit to necessities. Delivering food boxes involves a lot of extra costs related to logistics. I don't believe it would be cost effective.

Soup kitchens don't make a lot more sense.

I think what we have is along the right track. But, we could do more. Teach the man to fish, so to speak. Offer, or even require training in nutrition, cooking and food economics. That won't save us from the malicious, but, would be sure to help the truly needy.

Keep the needy fed and they have that much less reason to harass me on the street.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157165
02/14/18 12:09 AM
02/14/18 12:09 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
We have a local food bank that gives out food during the week many food banks all over SD but like anything else you see abuse there too.

Overall the US gives away billions here and overseas from just people and organization no strings attached.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157184
02/14/18 12:42 AM
02/14/18 12:42 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Yes Law Dog, that is what compassionate people do.

I see people here who despise the hungry. Why is that?

What would Jesus think of that?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157187
02/14/18 12:46 AM
02/14/18 12:46 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Can anyone make a real Dinner for $1.50 to $1.73 ? Those old folks that have their Mortgage paid off, and still living in their own home, don't have it easy. Taxes, Utilities , Homeowners Insurance, Food and Miscellaneous expenses ; eat up most of their retirement check each Month. Then , the Government actually expects people to buy food that is healthy and tastes good. Those stores, they know when the food stamps come in. They jack their prices up that week, suckering the customers into spending more than what they normally would. But, when the Refrigerator is empty, people got to eat.

If people are so against the poor getting Food Stamps, would they be against the Government eliminating Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, SSI , SSDI, and Veterans benefits ??

Well, why not?? They are all expenditures that could be eliminated.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157194
02/14/18 12:57 AM
02/14/18 12:57 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

You are confused . It's not the governments responsibilty . It's family and the church who should not only help those in need but teach them to care for themselves.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157196
02/14/18 12:58 AM
02/14/18 12:58 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Thanks for the backup Canvasback2.

A little inspiration for the rest of you:

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " Huber H. Humphrey

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157197
02/14/18 01:01 AM
02/14/18 01:01 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Like I said, people make poor choices. Stay out of trouble, finish HS, don't get pregnant or get someone pregnant, don't do drugs. Live within your means and work hard, save your money. If most everyone did this we could take care of the ones that can't take care of themselves.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6157198
02/14/18 01:02 AM
02/14/18 01:02 AM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan

Euthanization, eugenics and sterilization of all who.........
As Jackson said, "Nits make lice"

Actually it wasn't Jackson, but a guy named John Milton Chivington. Google the "Sand creek Massacre" to see what a fine specimen he was.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157200
02/14/18 01:07 AM
02/14/18 01:07 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

Cut taxes for those at the top and leave the lazy poor to step up or starve.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: AntiGov] #6157203
02/14/18 01:08 AM
02/14/18 01:08 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted By: AntiGov

You are confused . It's not the governments responsibilty . It's family and the church who should not only help those in need but teach them to care for themselves.

REALLY?????????

And what are people in need , to do when they have NO FAMILY?? And the Churches in the Town are NOT in the Food Pantry business?? None of the Churches in my Town are giving out food!

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157204
02/14/18 01:10 AM
02/14/18 01:10 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Rat , since you're worried what would Jesus think , remember 2 Thessalonians 3:10

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Canvasback2] #6157207
02/14/18 01:14 AM
02/14/18 01:14 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

REALLY?????????

And what are people in need , to do when they have NO FAMILY?? And the Churches in the Town are NOT in the Food Pantry business?? None of the Churches in my Town are giving out food!

Get a job man and help yourself .......don't expect your neighbor to feed you

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6157208
02/14/18 01:15 AM
02/14/18 01:15 AM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
[quote=Drifter]

Thank you Margaret Sanger........you got first........

thread killa
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157219
02/14/18 01:25 AM
02/14/18 01:25 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Per the constitution: "a government exists for the benefit of the people". We are not an "every man for himself society". We are all in this together. It is mean-spirited to look down on someone who needs food.

Let's see a vote of who wants food denied to the hungry.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157223
02/14/18 01:32 AM
02/14/18 01:32 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I'm not buying into Jesus would let people would let people starve: Matthew 14:13-21

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: AntiGov] #6157228
02/14/18 01:35 AM
02/14/18 01:35 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY

REALLY?????????

Get a job man and help yourself .......don't expect your neighbor to feed you

Tell that to the 90 year old Woman who has just gone through her 2nd bout with Cancer and is now home with Hospice Care. Tell that to her 94 year old World War 2 Veteran Husband, who himself is barely getting around with one of those 4 wheeled strollers; but who refuses to leave her side and put her in a Nursing Home. Those are people that are at the end of their lives. How about showing a little compassion for once !!

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157229
02/14/18 01:36 AM
02/14/18 01:36 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
The purpose of the constitution is to limit the power of the federal government...........not to feed people

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157230
02/14/18 01:40 AM
02/14/18 01:40 AM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
If you cant get a hot meal in 'merica you got nothing. You have bad neighbors.

thread killa
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157232
02/14/18 01:44 AM
02/14/18 01:44 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I hijacked this thread and I am NOT sorry about that. We talked about the Constitution and Jesus. We are all in this together. My beef is that being mean to people who need help is not productive. Give help where you can. Why would you be envious of someone who has nothing? I am asking you to be kind in your actions and thoughts.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157235
02/14/18 01:49 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
There is no compassion in giving when it comes from government taxing others

Charity is a personal value and should come from your own resources

How compassionate are you canvasback? Ratman ?

Last edited by AntiGov; 02/14/18 01:50 AM.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157236
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
And to protect the freedom of speech. If corporations are given individual rights surely a vote in support of a politician who shows empathy and compassion is nothing more than an individuals expression of free speech.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: AntiGov] #6157238
02/14/18 01:56 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY

I have helped bring Companies into my Town that have created JOBS for people.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157239
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
If we wait for the fed.gov to fix our problems we could be waiting for a long time. life is what you make of it.

thread killa
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157240
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I don't get it gray dog. I am for freedom of speech.

Quote from you: "If corporations are given individual rights surely a vote in support of a politician who shows empathy and compassion is nothing more than an individuals expression of free speech."

Can a corporation be jailed?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157243
02/14/18 02:00 AM
02/14/18 02:00 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY

Quote from you: "If corporations are given individual rights surely a vote in support of a politician who shows empathy and compassion is nothing more than an individuals expression of free speech."

No, but the executives of the Corporation can be.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Canvasback2] #6157244
02/14/18 02:02 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

I have helped bring Companies into my Town that have created JOBS for people.

Was this an act for compassion or an act for compensation ?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: bacatrapper] #6157245
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted By: bacatrapper
If we wait for the fed.gov to fix our problems we could be waiting for a long time. life is what you make of it.

X2

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157246
02/14/18 02:03 AM
02/14/18 02:03 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
I think TJM was serious ==>
Quote from his reply: "Euthanization, eugenics and sterilization of all who fail to meet economic standards is the only solution. Forget all this save the children stuff, they are contributing nothing. Face it in honesty, no one outside of our personal circles of family, religion, or political views should be allowed to reproduce or to influence future society by raising children.
Exempt all redheaded people from the controls programs, redheads are to be the most desirable future genetic marker."

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157247
02/14/18 02:04 AM
02/14/18 02:04 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
It took a long time to write all of that.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157250
02/14/18 02:10 AM
02/14/18 02:10 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
In case you haven't noticed, I am strongly defensive about people who cannot provide for themselves. Have fun picking on them.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157253
02/14/18 02:11 AM
02/14/18 02:11 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

No they can't and seldom are those who head them. Incorporating is an excellent shield against personal responsibility for the decision makers even when those decisions are criminal.

Last edited by gray dog; 02/14/18 02:19 AM.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Canvasback2] #6157254
02/14/18 02:15 AM
02/14/18 02:15 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

Getting a job when the person is 90 years old , is going to be a bit difficult ...
\

Of course. But I've also read more about this tonight. Then plan is to eliminate 1/2 of the EBT benefit, and replace it with healthy foods. You will get a box delivered to you that contains milk, juice, canned veggies, rice, beans, cheese, etc. and will have half of your allotment of stamps still available to use as you see fit.

Most 90 year olds get far less than $90 a month, so it will not affect them, only people with 7 kids, 7 baby daddies and no job.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: J.Morse] #6157259
02/14/18 02:22 AM
02/14/18 02:22 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: J.Morse
As Jackson said, "Nits make lice"

Actually it wasn't Jackson, but a guy named John Milton Chivington. Google the "Sand creek Massacre" to see what a fine specimen he was.
Well, my memory is that I saw it attributed to Andy J during the Creek war which would have been maybe 50 years prior to John Miltons little party, so I had sorta presumed Chivington just quoted Jackson; they were pretty much two of a kind concerning native rights.
But a little web research shows that "Nits will be Lice,.." appeared in various writings as early as 1683 in connection with the Irish Rebellion and credited to Oliver Cromwell himself. It then is possible that both th Great Injun Killers quoted old Oliver and equally possible that the expression was simply a common place expression at the time. I did find this too "president Andrew Jackson said, “If you pursue a wolf, you have to kill the whelps too.” "

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157262
02/14/18 02:27 AM
02/14/18 02:27 AM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
Ole chivington, he done his deal just 45 miles n of me. Nothing to be proud of. We shoot yotes just outside the fence, that place is still very much alive. Not in a good way really.........if you wanna see some spooks thats a pretty good place to start....

Last edited by bacatrapper; 02/14/18 02:28 AM.

thread killa
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157267
02/14/18 02:45 AM
02/14/18 02:45 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Whatever. My whole deal is please don't pick on poor people. I have been there and I did not like it. Still poor but doing better.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157268
02/14/18 02:50 AM
02/14/18 02:50 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
If you are jealous of the poor and hungry I feel sorry for you.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157269
02/14/18 02:54 AM
02/14/18 02:54 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
I think TJM was serious ==> Quote from his reply: ....
Yes and no.
The arguments both for and against all social welfare programs are circular and defeat themselves; as long as you have less fortunate people the problem will exist.
Any of those social engineering routes will end up at the same place, yours and theirs are the same.

Twas somewhat tongue in cheek though.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157270
02/14/18 03:01 AM
02/14/18 03:01 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
When the more fortunate supply the less fortunate through charity everyone has a net gain. When a government becomes involved in this exchange everyone will suffer a net loss and thieves will be created.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157272
02/14/18 03:06 AM
02/14/18 03:06 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I don't think anyone here wants to see people who truly can't help themselves starve. What most of us want is for people who are perfectly capable of working to work for their own living rather than sponging off the rest of society.

Most people on welfare and foodstamps are capable of providing for themselves, to at least some extent, they just don't have enough moral character to provide for themselves, when they don't have to.

As to eugenics, people can be genetically improved, by selective breeding. It's a true fact that makes almost all of us uncomfortable. The wrong people have most of the children in our society. People on public assistance have a much higher reproduction rate than productive people. Adults on public assistance should not be allowed to procreate, while receiving public assistance. They are much more likely to pass on both poor nature and nature. Birth control implants should be a condition of receiving public assistance as an adult. This will likely never happen here in the US.

A strong effort should be made to mentor and educate children on public assistance to help them become capable of providing for themselves.

One of the greatest things you can do for another human being is to motivate them to reach their full potential to do well.

Keith

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157273
02/14/18 03:19 AM
02/14/18 03:19 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
If you are jealous of the poor and hungry I feel sorry for you.

Not jealous at all, but completely tired of buying food for those that can buy it for themselves, Like the girl I worked with that would bring in $100 worth of cookies and cakes for her coworkers everytime her food stamps came in, then be begging for $10 from everyone in the store the last week of the month@!

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157274
02/14/18 03:21 AM
Wisconsin
R
Rats! Offline
trapper
Rats!  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin

From KeithC:

"As to eugenics, people can be genetically improved, by selective breeding. It's a true fact that makes almost all of us uncomfortable. The wrong people have most of the children in our society. People on public assistance have a much higher reproduction rate than productive people. Adults on public assistance should not be allowed to procreate, while receiving public assistance. They are much more likely to pass on both poor nature and nature. Birth control implants should be a condition of receiving public assistance as an adult.
This will likely never happen here in the US."

No kidding Keith ==> "it will likely never happen". You may not know it but you have the Nazi thing going on.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157275
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
And it could argued that those on public assistance are more genetically advanced than those who provide the assistance. Exerting less effort to achieve the same gain illustrates higher intelligence.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157276
02/14/18 03:22 AM
02/14/18 03:22 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Rats you seem to be a genuinely compassionate person. Very admirable. You need to channel that compassion and empathy into helping others PERSONALLY. Not through federal government and harangin those that want the federal government to act within its mean and capabilities.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157279
02/14/18 03:29 AM
02/14/18 03:29 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
No kidding Keith ==> "it will likely never happen". You may not know it but you have the Nazi thing going on.

I most definitely do not have any sympathy for the Nazis or for liberals, who attack others with emotion laced words like Nazi, because they have difficulty forming a valid, intelligent argument.

Keith

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157280
02/14/18 03:34 AM
02/14/18 03:34 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Nazi is acronym for socialists in Germany, liberal is pc for socialist in USA; can some one explain the difference between one socialist and another socialist?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157288
02/14/18 05:07 AM
02/14/18 05:07 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Go Rats! You tell them.

Before federal government assistance, private charity was not doing the job. If private charity had been taking care of the poor everywhere in the US, government never would have had to get involved.

Private charities don't have the resources or human power required. Ask any private charity--they're all looking, and some are begging, for more volunteers.

Like it or not, government must be involved. I agree with Rats that a decent, compassionate people take care of their poor, weak, and disabled.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157292
02/14/18 05:56 AM
02/14/18 05:56 AM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
In the words of Jesus Christ.."Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debt as we have forgiven our debtors."

Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157325
02/14/18 07:51 AM
02/14/18 07:51 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I hijacked this thread and I am NOT sorry about that. We talked about the Constitution and Jesus. We are all in this together. My beef is that being mean to people who need help is not productive. Give help where you can. Why would you be envious of someone who has nothing? I am asking you to be kind in your actions and thoughts.

When I was a child , The poor were skinny, nuff said.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: James] #6157330
02/14/18 07:58 AM
02/14/18 07:58 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted By: James
Go Rats! You tell them.

Before federal government assistance, private charity was not doing the job. If private charity had been taking care of the poor everywhere in the US, government never would have had to get involved.

Private charities don't have the resources or human power required. Ask any private charity--they're all looking, and some are begging, for more volunteers.

Like it or not, government must be involved. I agree with Rats that a decent, compassionate people take care of their poor, weak, and disabled.

Jim

Describe "poor", What level of "poorness" do we compassionate people reward? At what level of income do we get "uncompassionate". I have been around the country and I have seen a lot of "unfortunate " people but very few actually "poor".

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: James] #6157343
02/14/18 08:15 AM
02/14/18 08:15 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: James
Go Rats! You tell them.

Jim
I think it may have been more like government wanted people to believe they were God. Seems to be working.
If it were put forward that the church would handle the donations and government would handle the distribution,or vice versa,wouldn't be long before someone was yelling separation of church and state.
True charity comes from within. Forced charity as taxation for welfare is nothing more than theft.

Last edited by J Staton; 02/14/18 08:16 AM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157345
02/14/18 08:17 AM
02/14/18 08:17 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
What an interesting thread. It's saddening that there are so many uninformed opinions.

I am a benefits fraud investigator. I love my job. Nothing makes me happier than substantiating an allegation.

You no what slows me down..... jealous people who are mad at poor people making baseless allegations.

A culture is judged by how they treat those (and view those) in need, the less fortunate whether their fault or not.

I see horrible cases everyday that would make your head explode and yet....it still hasn't dampened my compassion.

Last edited by Tweed; 02/14/18 10:22 AM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rats!] #6157346
02/14/18 08:18 AM
02/14/18 08:18 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Whatever. My whole deal is please don't pick on poor people. I have been there and I did not like it. Still poor but doing better.

I've been as broke as anyone , But never poor.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157354
02/14/18 08:23 AM
02/14/18 08:23 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I also found it funny a few months ago when something was said there were more than a few guys that got bent out of shape when those on disability got called out. If you're able bodied enough to trap, or able enough to work.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157366
02/14/18 08:34 AM
02/14/18 08:34 AM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
I remember i had to sav.e up to be poor.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157409
02/14/18 09:15 AM
02/14/18 09:15 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
This is a touchy situation.I can safely assume that everyone that has worked there entire life or most of it ,less truly disabled persons.,will most likey be sick and tired of what now happening say for the last 20 years.Free get it, its Free! With no rhyme and reason why the heck some are on it for as long as they choose It's become a life style, Starting from young girls in school making babys and deciding that really isn't a bad occupation option. Free housing, food, heat, medical, cell phones, internet,gas cards,transportation,car repair,air conditioners in sommer.free tuition and day care.(they take the money and never go w/o reprisals)
Sorry I dont buy that exploitation and never will. call me un-progressive,I dont care stand on your feet ,the lazy ones and stop being a burden to all us.Now we cant stop the machine off welfare.
None of this is based or pointed at the truly needy.I can feel for them and there familys. The others you have my wrath!

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157415
02/14/18 09:21 AM
02/14/18 09:21 AM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Something is terribly wrong with the existing system:

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157463
02/14/18 10:06 AM
02/14/18 10:06 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
One chart I looked at for a family of 4 income 2600.00 a month, food stamps 649 a month. As our congress keeps lowering the bar to get on we now have half the population receiving benefits. This is all social engineering to put and keep the population dependant on the Gov. When I first got married we could have got on every program the state had but I didn't instead I worked 80 hours a week for years. Some people are unlucky but I've found the harder I worked the luckier I got.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157465
02/14/18 10:08 AM
02/14/18 10:08 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
And who was running the show the last 8 years on that chart??

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157470
02/14/18 10:11 AM
02/14/18 10:11 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Big difference between someone needing a little help and a 5th generation welfare abuser that NEVER has worked! Half the people are talking about one group and the other half it talking about the other half. Yes a touchy subject as both sides are talking from experience so both are right in the end.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157482
02/14/18 10:25 AM
02/14/18 10:25 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Here's some light reading after dinner

Generational Welfare

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6157500
02/14/18 10:39 AM
02/14/18 10:39 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Big difference between someone needing a little help and a 5th generation welfare abuser that NEVER has worked! Half the people are talking about one group and the other half it talking about the other half. Yes a touchy subject as both sides are talking from experience so both are right in the end.

This chart is from the same site that corky got his from.

Are you surprised by the low percentage of Natives? I have this perception that the vast majority of Natives receive SNAP benefits although I have little interaction with them here.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: bowhunter27295] #6157502
02/14/18 10:41 AM
02/14/18 10:41 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: bowhunter27295
Originally Posted By: Ronaround
And who was running the show the last 8 years on that chart??

Look at 2008-2016.

Trigger warning....might create some Clinton fans.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6157520
02/14/18 10:51 AM
02/14/18 10:51 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD

This chart is from the same site that corky got his from.

Are you surprised by the low percentage of Natives? I have this perception that the vast majority of Natives receive SNAP benefits although I have little interaction with them here.

Population wise that would make sense the cities have millions of people compared to the reservations that often have thousands nothing shocking about those numbers. Just look at the voting patterns here and it will explain the dependency on hand outs.

Last edited by Law Dog; 02/14/18 10:53 AM.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: bowhunter27295] #6157535
02/14/18 10:58 AM
02/14/18 10:58 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Trigger warning....might create some Clinton fans.

Look at who controlled congress at those times. That includes 2008-2016.

It's neat and fun to point at the president in office. I do it. But who is in control of congress says a lot more.

Oh stop it.... More often than not congress is controlled by the opposing party. Locally here its more comical because our Governor is usually of the opposing party. That way each party can blame the other.

Last edited by Tweed; 02/14/18 11:22 AM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: bowhunter27295] #6157543
02/14/18 11:01 AM
02/14/18 11:01 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
So along with the Clinton fan answer you are saying republicans had a lot to do with economic prosperity.

At that time, you would be correct. But Clinton gets the kudos from those who assign success/failure to who is in the president's office.

Yes....politics is crap.

By both parties being in control of one or the other branches of the Government they can both take credit for success and throw blame at short comings.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: bowhunter27295] #6157571
02/14/18 11:20 AM
02/14/18 11:20 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
So the dumb ones are those who think politicians care about anything except getting re-elected.
That and that there is any difference in the major parties or the important players. The entire system is a fraud to make the public believe they have some impact on the government and thus avoid general anarchy.
If the majority had basic comprehension skills and an understanding of logic anarchy would rule.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157610
02/14/18 12:01 PM
02/14/18 12:01 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
When did people stop producing their own food and turn to the expectation that someone would hand it to them? I realize that not everyone has enough dirt to grow 100% of their food, but (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman), plant a pot of bean plants, do something.

--Mark Twain.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157611
02/14/18 12:02 PM
02/14/18 12:02 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
I could be wrong but the program was ended because of the subsidies on agricultural products in particular dairy products (government Cheese ).The USDA purchased commodities on the open market at an advanced price to keep the mrkt. on certain commodities more stable and to put a bottom on it Helping ALL farmers .These commodities where either stored in strategic warehouses or distributed the to public institutions cafeterias (prisons ,schools )and to the poor . The ending of it devastated the small dairy farmer leaving the industry vulnerable to corporatization . The USDA went from a product based subsidy program where the USDA got something out of it that it could distribute to gov. and nonprofit institutions to just giving cash payouts to CERTAIN farmers (CRP , Crop insurance )and almost exclusively to food stamps .I remember when I was young everything our school served for lunch was USDA commodities The huge plain brown or black and white containers of dried potatoes ,dried milk , honey, butter ,rice ,and beans ,flour ,cheese ,corn meal ,peanut butter, canned meat,and even lard sat in the hall where we walked past them in line to eat . by the time I graduated everything they served was brand name and the school was debating contracting out the school lunch program because of cost. Yes it was a huge ,huge gov program that was "EXPENSIVE "but The commodity program of the seventies and early eighties helped way more people across many different levels of society than this cash based program we have now . It's just another example of the polititions and their associates cashing in on "privatizing a good successful government program that did a great amount of good .
A previous poster mentioned it being a horribly corrupt system ,but how can a commodity based system ever be more corrupt than a cash based system .

Last edited by Bigfoot; 02/14/18 12:26 PM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157615
02/14/18 12:06 PM
02/14/18 12:06 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
Saw a guy just yesterday at a dollar General he was probably in his mid 20s come to the register with about 30 of the big energy drinks that are over $3 each and pays with a food stamp card, really chapped my arse

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157636
02/14/18 12:28 PM
02/14/18 12:28 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Social services should be trying to get people off programs but there is no job security in that.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157645
02/14/18 12:39 PM
02/14/18 12:39 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
They don't work in restaurants.

Would you like to see SNAP have similar restriction as WIC?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6157654
02/14/18 12:47 PM
02/14/18 12:47 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana

Yes, they do. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and have taken a picture of it. I don’t want to go through thousands of pictures to find it, but I’ll sure take a picture and post it whenever I am able to get to a restaurant that offers it.

At some sonic drive ins, its one of the payment options on the self service screen.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157659
02/14/18 12:52 PM
02/14/18 12:52 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
the old commodity program did a lot of good for a lot of people all over the world. there was a time if a church wanted to host a soup kitchen all they did was file some papers with usda and they had more chipped beef dry beans and rice than they new what to do with The USDA worked hand in hand with many churches and community based organizations to distribute commodities. there was a time when foreign aid mint ship loads of USDA commodities instead of billions of dollars .

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Bigfoot] #6157672
02/14/18 01:08 PM
02/14/18 01:08 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Originally Posted By: Bigfoot
the old commodity program did a lot of good for a lot of people all over the world. there was a time if a church wanted to host a soup kitchen all they did was file some papers with usda and they had more chipped beef dry beans and rice than they new what to do with The USDA worked hand in hand with many churches and community based organizations to distribute commodities. there was a time when foreign aid mint ship loads of USDA commodities instead of billions of dollars .

Yes. X2

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157692
02/14/18 01:30 PM
02/14/18 01:30 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
That brings to mind another USDA program of old. I used to live in a house on 5 acres that was owned by a blind man in the 1930s-40s USDA set him up raising pigs on that property . I know this would never work now but I bet it worked out better for the old guy than a disability check .
The more I think about it the more I realize how much usda was a part of all Americans lives now it just a source of burdensome regulations for some farmers welfare for other farmers and SNAP WICH IS A FOUR LETTER WORD

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Aix sponsa] #6157700
02/14/18 01:36 PM
02/14/18 01:36 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa

I’ll sure take a picture and post it whenever I am able to get to a restaurant that offers it.

At some sonic drive ins, its one of the payment options on the self service screen.

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6157723
02/14/18 02:14 PM
02/14/18 02:14 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

This idea is as radical as the idea to encourage people that cannot support themselves or their offspring to produce more offspring ( mentally disabled do to drug or alcohol abuse even more lucrative) by making these offspring an economic asset; while making the offspring of people who can support themselves and their offspring an economic liability. The result being more and more less capable human beings. The difference is one is happening. smile

P.S. "From each according to his ability to each according to his needs."

Last edited by Dirt; 02/14/18 02:28 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157773
02/14/18 03:09 PM
02/14/18 03:09 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
I notice a trend that this thread (that has political undertones) has 8 pages while the NBC news thread concerning black American gun ownership lasted less than 15 minutes. It's a tall order to try insulate any endeavor from politics. It permeates every aspect of our lives. However, that fact is a blessing. Not many generations ago we weren't afforded the grace because those that came before buckled for their dust.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6157796
02/14/18 03:40 PM
02/14/18 03:40 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes

That's the main reason for changing it. There have been recipients in our area caught doing exactly that. I would like to see drug testing to qualify for any of these welfare programs too.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Trapper7] #6157799
02/14/18 03:44 PM
02/14/18 03:44 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted By: Trapper7

That's the main reason for changing it. There have been recipients in our area caught doing exactly that. I would like to see drug testing to qualify for any of these welfare programs too.

So, a positive to qualify? It's an illness like a disability.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Trapper7] #6157803
02/14/18 03:49 PM
02/14/18 03:49 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

What would be the net gain after the expense of administrating the whiz quiz?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157807
02/14/18 03:51 PM
02/14/18 03:51 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
It's an illness brought on by a choice same as alcoholism. Diabetes is an example of a true illness not brought on by a choice. I have no problem giving drug users food, but no benefits that can be bartered for money if they're collecting welfare benefits.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157903
02/14/18 05:14 PM
02/14/18 05:14 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
A computer card can be set to purchase only certain products, no? It can be delivered without a freight company, it doesn't get fed to hogs being fattened for market, it can be used only with a photo ID if so required by the issuer.
Electronics can tell all the details about every use of a card, the best excuse for changing to some other form of assistance is to make the fraud easier.

It may well be that the current program needs some tweeks but a food delivery program cannot be monitored at all. May as well just hand the cash to the program manager and forget the poor folks.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6157991
02/14/18 06:46 PM
02/14/18 06:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We are rewarding irresponsible behavior. How can anyone act surprised it has run amok??????????????????????

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: danny clifton] #6158048
02/14/18 07:42 PM
02/14/18 07:42 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
We are rewarding irresponsible behavior. How can anyone act surprised it has run amok??????????????????????

It will be o.k. since we punish responsible behavior. smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158059
02/14/18 07:47 PM
02/14/18 07:47 PM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
A USDA spokesman said Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue himself came up with the idea for the food boxes, which had never been discussed during dozens of committee hearings on food stamps over the past three years.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158060
02/14/18 07:48 PM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
There are not enough jobs for everyone in this country. There are some hard working people that need a little extra help to get by.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: FlyinFinn] #6158062
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
Yeah, never saw what happened on that thread?

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
I notice a trend that this thread (that has political undertones) has 8 pages while the NBC news thread concerning black American gun ownership lasted less than 15 minutes. It's a tall order to try insulate any endeavor from politics. It permeates every aspect of our lives. However, that fact is a blessing. Not many generations ago we weren't afforded the grace because those that came before buckled for their dust.

--The Dude
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Aix sponsa] #6158067
02/14/18 07:51 PM
02/14/18 07:51 PM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
read the facts here:

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items

Yes, they do. I’ve seen it with my own eyes and have taken a picture of it. I don’t want to go through thousands of pictures to find it, but I’ll sure take a picture and post it whenever I am able to get to a restaurant that offers it.

--The Dude
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Teallbrook] #6158069
02/14/18 07:53 PM
02/14/18 07:53 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
There are not enough jobs for everyone in this country. There are some hard working people that need a little extra help to get by.
So all the system users can be put to work delivering food packages to all the other users. Zero unemployment, every one gets a package of food and it might only cost 10-12 times more money. Make every body a winner.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: lebowski] #6158082
02/14/18 08:00 PM
02/14/18 08:00 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Always some body trying to introduce facts into a purely emotional and anecdotal discussion.
Originally Posted By: lebowski
read the facts here:

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158094
02/14/18 08:07 PM
02/14/18 08:07 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Sonny Perdue would send you a couple chickens, a Chinese made pot to bo8l it in and some free gas from the Indian molested pipeline to cook it with.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158116
02/14/18 08:19 PM
02/14/18 08:19 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
WIC
An amendment to section 17 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 on September 26, 1972.[3] The legislation (P.L. 92-433, sponsored by Senator Hubert Humphrey (D) of Minnesota) established the Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) as a two-year pilot program. Eligibility was limited to children up to age 4 and excluded non-breastfeeding postpartum women.

The basic eligibility requirement is a family income below 185% of the federal poverty level

Last edited by Dirt; 02/14/18 08:22 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158124
02/14/18 08:26 PM
02/14/18 08:26 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Why does fed.gov need to know our income amount?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158126
02/14/18 08:27 PM
02/14/18 08:27 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
If Im starvin or nibbling at the live hog, what business of them is it...really?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158130
02/14/18 08:28 PM
02/14/18 08:28 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
I'd like to see it be starvation as a Township boars issue.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158132
02/14/18 08:30 PM
02/14/18 08:30 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Board, not boars, though I'd eat one if hunger knocked.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158137
02/14/18 08:34 PM
02/14/18 08:34 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Quote:
Teallbrook

I can pee over the moon if I drink a case of beer

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158194
02/14/18 09:19 PM
02/14/18 09:19 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
There are jobs every where, they only pay 10 to 12 an hour to start so they would have to have two of them.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158202
02/14/18 09:24 PM
02/14/18 09:24 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
A ten or 12 dollar job will double pretty fast if you just show up every day and work hard. If it doesn't, only stay till you find one that will. Everybody I ever met in my life whining about no work or low pay didn't do those two simple things. Show up on time every day and work hard. Most of them spend a lot of time telling all their co-workers how dumb the boss is.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158213
02/14/18 09:37 PM
02/14/18 09:37 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
I agree Danny, having been self employed for 25 years and having up to 30 employees at a time I have alot of experience. I've had people work long enough to buy a new phone or once trained in and are expected to actually do something they quit. The work ethic is in the crapper right now because there are so many safety nets people just don't care.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Drifter] #6158243
02/14/18 10:09 PM
02/14/18 10:09 PM
Mississippi
M
mike jerrell Offline
trapper
mike jerrell  Offline
trapper
M

Mississippi
I remember the commodity program,My grandpa took a neighbor who was very poor each month to get their commodities.He gave us some of the cheese,It was quite good.

Gotta spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape. ~ Jerry Jeff Walker
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158355
02/15/18 12:28 AM
02/15/18 12:28 AM
Illinois
ringtailtrapper Offline
trapper
ringtailtrapper  Offline
trapper

Illinois
One word, Walmart !!

The very reason this whole idea of boxed food will never fly. Walmart, if I remember right the largest benefactor of the food stamp program in America. Now toss in all the other grocery chains, and lets not forget the SNAP program is funded via the farm bill, and now put into the mix the manufacturing sector, and you have an idea dead on arrival.

Now with all that said the people that will determine what goes down could care less about you religious ideas, or your views upon personal character, nope that matters not squat. What matters is who will get the green $$$. Trump thought immigration, and taxes was hard, just screw with someone's food, that is a whole new type of crazy.

RTT

For Sale, Quality Racing Possums
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Teallbrook] #6158384
02/15/18 01:52 AM
02/15/18 01:52 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

And what are you doing to help them ?

It's easy to be compassionate with other people's money

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rat Masterson] #6158387
02/15/18 01:55 AM
02/15/18 01:55 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
I agree Danny, having been self employed for 25 years and having up to 30 employees at a time I have alot of experience. I've had people work long enough to buy a new phone or once trained in and are expected to actually do something they quit. The work ethic is in the crapper right now because there are so many safety nets people just don't care.

X2 .......all necessities are met by someone else ..........they just need to work enough for some spending money

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Trapper7] #6158392
02/15/18 02:11 AM
02/15/18 02:11 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
It's an illness brought on by a choice same as alcoholism. Diabetes is an example of a true illness not brought on by a choice. I have no problem giving drug users food, but no benefits that can be bartered for money if they're collecting welfare benefits.

Apparently you are talking about type1 diabetes. How much exercise a person gets, what they eat and when they get up from the table are lifestyle choices.

For a type2 lifestyle choices has a dramatic effect on their health.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: ringtailtrapper] #6158471
02/15/18 08:24 AM
02/15/18 08:24 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
nailed it!

Originally Posted By: ringtailtrapper
One word, Walmart !!

The very reason this whole idea of boxed food will never fly. Walmart, if I remember right the largest benefactor of the food stamp program in America. Now toss in all the other grocery chains, and lets not forget the SNAP program is funded via the farm bill, and now put into the mix the manufacturing sector, and you have an idea dead on arrival.

Now with all that said the people that will determine what goes down could care less about you religious ideas, or your views upon personal character, nope that matters not squat. What matters is who will get the green $$$. Trump thought immigration, and taxes was hard, just screw with someone's food, that is a whole new type of crazy.

RTT

--The Dude
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158515
02/15/18 09:11 AM
02/15/18 09:11 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Life aint easy. Even a rich man has to get himself out of bed in the morning to keep his riches working for him. We have bred a society that expects (and gets) taken care of by not getting out of bed.
Every rich family started out poor but got out of bed and worked to improve themselves. We can tax a rich man until there is no incentive to keep going anymore. The grabbers can take everything hes got but he will still be able to raise a garden and take care of himself. The "poor" will still expect him to feed them out of his garden.
Our country is standing in a bucket and trying to lift itself up by the handle but there is too much dead weight.
People give millions to charities (above and beyond the taxes they pay) yet the majority of the money is skimmed off the top for "administration".
Its human nature....half the people get satisfaction from working and doing a job successfully, and the other half start screaming because he has more than them. So here we are.....

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158552
02/15/18 09:55 AM
02/15/18 09:55 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
There are many folks on Social Security who would love to work for xtra money but the Govt wont allow it...meanwhile businesses are needing help.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158564
02/15/18 10:02 AM
02/15/18 10:02 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Keep in mind that many on disability are there because doctors wont release them to work because they're protecting themselves from lawsuits.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158565
02/15/18 10:04 AM
02/15/18 10:04 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Lawyers just waiting to sue someone.....

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158571
02/15/18 10:12 AM
02/15/18 10:12 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
You can work when on SS which is different than SS disability. I know a guy that's on disability that traps full time.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158608
02/15/18 10:42 AM
02/15/18 10:42 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Many on disability are on medication and get along fine. But, let them have an accident and here comes the lawyers!

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6158622
02/15/18 10:52 AM
02/15/18 10:52 AM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
You can work on SS Disability also.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Hydropillar] #6158646
02/15/18 11:14 AM
02/15/18 11:14 AM
minnesota
garman Offline
trapper
garman  Offline
trapper

minnesota
Originally Posted By: Hydropillar
maybe trump will be like regan and give out some gubermint cheese :}... that was some good stuff had grill cheese n mater soup for long time... dang i miss them days

That was good cheese, had it growing up sometimes. They always handed out alot of rice and other items as well.

"NR trapping, what a concept accepting those who have supported us"
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Teallbrook] #6158668
02/15/18 11:31 AM
02/15/18 11:31 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

Yes, but if you earn $100, they take away $100.
Probly depending on how much you receive.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6197210
03/23/18 07:55 PM
03/23/18 07:55 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana

I’ll sure take a picture and post it whenever I am able to get to a restaurant that offers it.

I finally made it to that town—-Eunice, Louisiana. Their sonic drive in has changed the way you pay. In the past, there was a small, green screen next to a slot for inserting your card. The screen said

“Credit Card———>”
“Debit Card———>
“EBT——————>”

That entire screen/slot has been removed and replaced by a black cover. Now, the slot is in the center, and the payment options are touch screen.

I am telling you that EBT was listed there for a while, at least a year. It just isn’t there now. It WAS there.

Besides, if they let them buy all the junk food, fried pork fat, and sodas they want, they might as well let them buy anything from anywhere,

Just wanted to let you know that I did go look so I could give you an update. Cya

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: KeithC] #6197250
03/23/18 08:30 PM
03/23/18 08:30 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted By: KeithC
As to eugenics, people can be genetically improved, by selective breeding. It's a true fact that makes almost all of us uncomfortable. The wrong people have most of the children in our society. [quote]

Like a Farmer Breeding his best Cow to the best Bull he can get.

Oh, yeah, that will go over well in the USA crazy shocked

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Gary Benson] #6197427
03/23/18 10:59 PM
03/23/18 10:59 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
There are many folks on Social Security who would love to work for xtra money but the Govt wont allow it...meanwhile businesses are needing help.

I don't believe your comment is factually correct.

Last edited by beeman; 03/23/18 11:16 PM.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Gary Benson] #6197447
03/23/18 11:18 PM
03/23/18 11:18 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted By: Gary Benson

Yes, but if you earn $100, they take away $100.
Probly depending on how much you receive.

Here is some reading on how much a person can earn while on SS.

https://finance.zacks.com/much-can-retir...efits-6767.html

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Aix sponsa] #6197531
03/24/18 05:54 AM
03/24/18 05:54 AM
South Central PA
oneoldboot Offline
trapper
oneoldboot  Offline
trapper

South Central PA
[quote=Aix sponsa]

At face value, this seems messed up, but consider this:

If someone wants to have a hamburger, they will buy (for example) ground meat, rolls, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup. Vegetables are expensive and cannot be stored too long, so it can be cost prohibitive buy them.

It might actually more economical and healthier to buy a burger at fast food place!

Another thing:

A friend had a baby and she discovered her husband was a closet addict and was self-destructing. She took baby and moved to get out of the situation . She was using WIC and day care benefit. She had a very strong work ethic, but only made a little more than minimum wage. She had an opportunity to pick up some overtime and did. She went to her welfare appointment and they told her that she made too much money and she was loosing her childcare benefit.

She said this was because someone called off and she picked up extra hours. If she lost this benefit, she wouldn't be able to work at all because she had no support. The case worker cut her some slack and told her NOT to work extra hours or it would be lost in the future. So an extra one-time $50 almost caused her to loose this huge benefit!

The system does not allow people to get "ahead." I am not saying luxury items, just improve their standard of living, like getting a microwave or a chair for the living room.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6197564
03/24/18 07:38 AM
03/24/18 07:38 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
We need to try Milton Friedmans negative Income Tax idea.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6197577
03/24/18 07:52 AM
03/24/18 07:52 AM
Cleveland IL
muddyriverdogz Offline
trapper
muddyriverdogz  Offline
trapper

Cleveland IL
Remeber that we are a cunsumption based economy. Cut the food stamps and a domino effect will run through the economy.

The funny thing is nobody bat's an eye at QE,Bank bailout's,etc.. The banker can get a multi million dollar bonus at the tax payer's expense but that low wage worker better not get a couple hundred in food stamps ! wink

Last edited by muddyriverdogz; 03/24/18 08:01 AM.

You only live once, so get over it!

Tactics may change but the goal remains the same.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6198182
03/24/18 05:33 PM
03/24/18 05:33 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Don't know how many times I've been approached by somebody in the grocery offering to pay for MY goods with THEIR food stamps in exchange for cash.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6198225
03/24/18 06:22 PM
03/24/18 06:22 PM
Virginia
A
acrews145 Offline
trapper
acrews145  Offline
trapper
A

Virginia
The whole system is flawed. It has created a group of individuals (some may say generation) who expect things to be given to them for free. The government programs which benefit the poor are beneficial, as long as they try. A program should be instituted to give something back for the benefits received. For example, go pick up trash for a day or volunteer for something. WIC is a good program as it gives limits to what can be received. It only pays for nutritional items and is not like SNAP benefits where any food item can be bought. Some people get astronomical amounts of SNAP benefits to spend on any food item. The government says they cannot place restrictions on items because it would increase the cost of the program. People have come to expect things given to them. Our majority population is taking this attitude which presents the political side. This part of society is going to vote for whoever promises the most "free stuff" causing a vicious cycle.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread