No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rye] #6156764
02/13/18 05:24 PM
02/13/18 05:24 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Rye
The concept is sound. But it would have to be intensively managed and there are a lot of questions left to be answered. One thing I'd implement is that the companies providing the "meals" could only be responsible for X amount of meals per day. This allows them to maintain quality in what they are putting together and ensuring that fresh foods are being delivered. It also opens the door for a new expanding market in which multiple companies could get on board and begin working, thus increasing employment and increasing the use of domestically produced seasonal foods. If you are trying to make them eat healthier, you have to use fresher foods and "Shelf stable milk" should NEVER be an option for anyone. I was given that crap in the Marines and it was death in a box.

I do like the idea though, give them healthier food, with options for consideration of allergies, and cut down on the black market EBT cards.
The cards are electronically tracable there is no accountability or tractability of raw produce and commodities; they were either "lost" in shipment or spoiled before distribution, while being sold to the intended recipients or being traded for goods or services by the handlers and distributors.

Eliminate these leeches and eliminate the problems, in concert with sterilization of recipients include all applicants for the jobs that would allow abuse of the commodity distribution program. Might not keep them from operating a black market but would keep them from having kids that grow up to work for the government.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156767
02/13/18 05:27 PM
02/13/18 05:27 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
TJM,

I give your comments ZERO merit. It's rare I find an individual more extreme in their views that I am. You are one of those. I give your comments no merit not because they differ from my own thoughts, but because that are obviously a pipe dream and far too extreme for 99.9% of the population that isn't mentally ill to embrace.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Rye] #6156768
02/13/18 05:31 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Rye
TJM,

I give your comments ZERO merit. It's rare I find an individual more extreme in their views that I am. You are one of those. I give your comments no merit not because they differ from my own thoughts, but because that are obviously a pipe dream and far too extreme for 99.9% of the population that isn't mentally ill to embrace.
Not really my dream, simply expanding the commonly expressed views to a logical conclusion.
Reality is there is no solution, just situation management.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156769
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Seen a lady on the Rez once pulling out EBT cards like she was playing cards she had a Crown Royal bag of them she had bought from others on the cheap.

Yes EBT is way better then "here eat this" but the commodity damage still exist today and corruption is very common.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: DelawareRob] #6156772
02/13/18 05:34 PM
02/13/18 05:34 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: DelawareRob
More like a final solution...
All solutions are final. when a problem is solved, there is no more problem. Anything less than final is not a solution, just a continuation of the problem.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156773
02/13/18 05:39 PM
02/13/18 05:39 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
What is a heavier burden, SNAP fraud or Military spending fraud/waste/abuse?

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Tweed] #6156786
02/13/18 05:57 PM
02/13/18 05:57 PM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
Originally Posted By: Tweed
What is a heavier burden, SNAP fraud or Military spending fraud/waste/abuse?
Neither is actually a burden, both provide countless jobs and aid the economy and expand the tax base. Both are funded by make believe (fiat) money borrowed from other countries.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156823
02/13/18 06:41 PM
02/13/18 06:41 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I was a Lions International member for 20
years....at Christmas time we would take boxes of food items to needy families.
I was also the garbage man in the same area. If it required cooking or effort, much of it went into the trash.
I once picked up 21 sacks of food items beside a dumpster at a low-income housing where someone was moving out.
Worst thing we can do is make it easy for somebody. A working man dont have it easy.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156827
02/13/18 06:45 PM
02/13/18 06:45 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Making life easy is how the opposition gets their votes.
Down here on the rez the guys who grew up on commodities are said to have "mod bods".

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: tjm] #6156830
02/13/18 06:47 PM
02/13/18 06:47 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: tjm
Originally Posted By: Drifter
I remember back in the 60's even they had canned meat, evaporated milk,cheese and many other foods available. I am not sure why that was ended but few now days know how to cook compared to back then.
Best I recall that program was ended because it cost so much to operate.
Government paid trucks, drivers, warehouse men, warehouses, distribution facilities, local administrators; there was an industry in commodity transportation and handling that made a ponud of pinto beans cost as much as three pounds of Porterhouse.

Euthanization, eugenics and sterilization of all who fail to meet economic standards is the only solution. Forget all this save the children stuff, they are contributing nothing. Face it in honesty, no one outside of our personal circles of family, religion, or political views should be allowed to reproduce or to influence future society by raising children.
As Jackson said, "Nits make lice" so start by sterilizing all welfare applicants and all their children over the age of twelve. Then euthanize all second time applicants or first time applicants over the age of forty. Set a "poverty level of 100,000 and limit anyone under that level to only one child or two children with IQ levels of 140 or greater.
Reevaluate every five years to determine if adjustments are needed.
Exempt all redheaded people from the controls programs, redheads are to be the most desirable future genetic marker.

Yeah... Scrap what I said earlier. Railroad cars. We need railroad cars.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156839
02/13/18 06:55 PM
02/13/18 06:55 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline OP
trapper
charles  Offline OP
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I didn't read anything in the article about meals, just groceries. Recipients can cook without fat and salt if they wish. Be good if a person's doctor could contact the distribution point and eliminate foods that the patient should avoid.

Someone mentioned "well clothed and well fed". I might add gold jewelry, salon fingernails and hair braids, tattoos, SSI and disability income, free Obamacare, Air Jordans, multiple cell phones, designer jeans, and the all important Cadillac Escalade in the driveway. Then they get earned income credit, child care, free lunch and breakfast for the kids, energy assistance, and housing, not to mention law enforcement costs, prison costs, and drug treatment. We all pay for this stuff because many are not working even with jobs going unfilled. They do save money on belts.

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156848
02/13/18 07:03 PM
02/13/18 07:03 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I have a relative that her hubby takes less work to not mess up the free money coming in and will put her Mom in the poor house as she gives a tick on a dogs butt competition sucking her Mom dry!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156850
02/13/18 07:04 PM
02/13/18 07:04 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
That food that they are proposing to give out, will be like the Meals on Wheels, or that food the senior folks that live at home, and are on long term home care , get. Packaged , boxed up meals, made either in a Hospital or in a factory somewhere. Over salted, bland, tasteless , fruit that got frozen from being too close to the dry ice in the shipping box. Not enough to fill your stomach, dessert will consist of a hard chocolate chip cookie. 1 small container of fat free Milk. Oh, and sometimes the food will be so bad, even the Dog won't eat it !!

A person would be better off, getting meals delivered from the local Restaurant !

Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156853
02/13/18 07:06 PM
02/13/18 07:06 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Still more then the people paying for it are getting out of it.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: charles] #6156861
02/13/18 07:16 PM
02/13/18 07:16 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
I really dont have a problem with anyone getting food stamps as long as the farmers get the tax break where they deduct 20% off gross sales when they sell to a cooperative. that puts there tax burden at zero!

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Canvasback2] #6156872
02/13/18 07:26 PM
02/13/18 07:26 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted By: Canvasback2
That food that they are proposing to give out, will be like the Meals on Wheels, or that food the senior folks that live at home, and are on long term home care , get. Packaged , boxed up meals, made either in a Hospital or in a factory somewhere. Over salted, bland, tasteless , fruit that got frozen from being too close to the dry ice in the shipping box. Not enough to fill your stomach, dessert will consist of a hard chocolate chip cookie. 1 small container of fat free Milk. Oh, and sometimes the food will be so bad, even the Dog won't eat it !!

A person would be better off, getting meals delivered from the local Restaurant !

Sounds like incentive to get a job to me then.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6156897
02/13/18 08:13 PM
02/13/18 08:13 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
EBT is a very abused program bought and sold for .20 on the dollar cash to buy drugs and alcohol~

Be careful where you say it , but oh so true

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Law Dog] #6156901
02/13/18 08:18 PM
02/13/18 08:18 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN
Seen a lady on the Rez once pulling out EBT cards like she was playing cards she had a Crown Royal bag of them she had bought from others on the cheap.

Yes EBT is way better then "here eat this" but the commodity damage still exist today and corruption is very common.

to bad it happens all over not just on the Rez

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: Snowpa] #6156908
02/13/18 08:26 PM
02/13/18 08:26 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted By: Snowpa

to bad it happens all over not just on the Rez

That’s true.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Food deliveries to replace Food Stamps [Re: yotetrapper30] #6156914
02/13/18 08:31 PM
02/13/18 08:31 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper30
Originally Posted By: Canvasback2

Sounds like incentive to get a job to me then.

Getting a job when the person is 90 years old , is going to be a bit difficult ...

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread