No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6159962
02/16/18 08:20 PM
02/16/18 08:20 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

homeschool everyone.

problem solved.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6159968
02/16/18 08:24 PM
02/16/18 08:24 PM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
I would think that keeping guns out of the hands of mentally ill people would be a start.

Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Teallbrook] #6159969
02/16/18 08:25 PM
02/16/18 08:25 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
18 school shooting so far this year, and we are only half way through February.

fake news.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6159981
02/16/18 08:39 PM
02/16/18 08:39 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
It's more like 3 school shootings....still...in a month and a half.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6159990
02/16/18 08:50 PM
Cantonment, Fl.
S
swampstomper Offline
trapper
swampstomper  Offline
trapper
S

Cantonment, Fl.
Teachers are the first defense. Let those who are license and trained and willing be armed.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6159991

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Why restrict children's access to weapons? My daughter has full access so if someone breaks in when she is home alone she has the ability to take out the perp. Back in the day dang near every high school boy had a gun in their truck on campus. If some wacko would have pulled crap like this he would have most likely been taken out in short order. Got to eliminate these free fire zones and like Charlie said allow people to shoot back.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160005
02/16/18 08:59 PM
02/16/18 08:59 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Will never stop until they make schools gun friendly areas and not gun free areas. If gun free is such a great idea make court rooms gun free, not the police or anyone carries.

But the mass shootings will never end until there is armed security in schools, employ veterans? Off duty police? Arm the teachers. However you do it then this ignorance and violence will end.

Second, make it illegal to prescribe mood altering psychotropic meds to kids.

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: white marlin] #6160015
02/16/18 09:04 PM
02/16/18 09:04 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted By: white marlin
Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
18 school shooting so far this year, and we are only half way through February.

fake news.

Exposed.

https://pjmedia.com/video/sharyl-attkisson-explains-tedx-talk-origins-2016-fake-news-narrative/

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: ] #6160029
02/16/18 09:15 PM
02/16/18 09:15 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted By: J Staton
Why restrict children's access to weapons? My daughter has full access so if someone breaks in when she is home alone she has the ability to take out the perp. Back in the day dang near every high school boy had a gun in their truck on campus. If some wacko would have pulled crap like this he would have most likely been taken out in short order. Got to eliminate these free fire zones and like Charlie said allow people to shoot back.

Same thing for accessible weapons as with background checks not mandatory but your beld libal if something happens with your firearm. You still get to make the choice for yourself and house hold however should something happen set pecialties for not controlling access to your firearms. I mean criminally and financially

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160032
02/16/18 09:19 PM
02/16/18 09:19 PM
eastern WV
R
Ridge Runner1960 Offline
trapper
Ridge Runner1960  Offline
trapper
R

eastern WV
If you guys think about it you'll figure out why its happening, and as always its due to liberal thinking. not saying why till people smarter than me make the changes needed to stop it!
RR

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160172
02/16/18 11:24 PM
02/16/18 11:24 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
people aren't naturally stone cold killers without practice . lots and lots of practice ,tactical practice

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160188
02/16/18 11:44 PM
02/16/18 11:44 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I don't see the connection to liberals.
If that was the case places like Sweden wouldn't have any schoolkids left.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Boco] #6160191
02/16/18 11:48 PM
02/16/18 11:48 PM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
Originally Posted By: Boco
I don't see the connection to liberals.
If that was the case places like Sweden wouldn't have any schoolkids left.

Blaming liberals for everything is a form of mental illness.

Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity
Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160201
02/17/18 12:02 AM
02/17/18 12:02 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Being a liberal is a form of mental illness.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160202
02/17/18 12:04 AM
02/17/18 12:04 AM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
What i don’t understand is i hear so much about using retired police, retired military, and arm the teachers, etc. While i don’t have a problem with a teacher carrying a gun i don’t feel it is their responsibility, it’s also not the responsibility for folks that are retired. After all, they are retired. They served their time and it’s their opportunity to enjoy their life and not work. People pay taxes, use the money and protect our children, ( although it’s looking like LE really dropped the ball on this last shooting on our dime). The govt requires your children to go to school but they don’t feel obligated enough to protect them while their there, explain that.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160205
02/17/18 12:08 AM
02/17/18 12:08 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Hard to blame the schools.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160211
02/17/18 12:14 AM
02/17/18 12:14 AM
south central Iowa
R
RETIREDDUDE Offline
trapper
RETIREDDUDE  Offline
trapper
R

south central Iowa
WHAT CAUSES THESE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS???????
When people go back to parenting their children instead of keeping them drugged to control bad behavior, maybe then the number of these shootings will drop. When I was a child we didn't get drugs when we did something wrong we were punished. And I don't want to hear "they won't let me correct my kids". You don't have to beat a child to teach them right from wrong.

But Prozac, Zoloft and Luvox are not the answer. Just a few examples.

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.

Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: Fur Hanger] #6160223
02/17/18 12:29 AM
02/17/18 12:29 AM
North Pole ak
T
Team V Offline
trapper
Team V  Offline
trapper
T

North Pole ak
All schools should have a big concrete fence built around with one way in .Station armed guards there and every body's checked we do it at airports , army bases ,court houses ,federal building and so on . Is there not a fence around White House with guards .

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: RETIREDDUDE] #6160241
02/17/18 12:48 AM
02/17/18 12:48 AM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
Originally Posted By: RETIREDDUDE
WHAT CAUSES THESE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS???????
When people go back to parenting their children instead of keeping them drugged to control bad behavior, maybe then the number of these shootings will drop. When I was a child we didn't get drugs when we did something wrong we were punished. And I don't want to hear "they won't let me correct my kids". You don't have to beat a child to teach them right from wrong.

But Prozac, Zoloft and Luvox are not the answer. Just a few examples.

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.

Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Ok so you propose that the meds are the cause. Can you prove that or just create a correlation? Who is to say that the mental instability that lead these young people to the doctors that prescribed the mess didn’t cause the behavior. Basing beliefs on loose correlations is dangerous. Example. The more churches a community has the more incidents of violence in that community. This is a fact. However when you look closer larger cities have more church’s thus more people and more violent acts. It’s has nothing to do with the church’s. Kids have been on Ritalin since I was in school in the 70’s and things weren’t getting shot up.

Re: Mass shooting prevention [Re: yotetrapper30] #6160247
02/17/18 12:54 AM
02/17/18 12:54 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted By: yotetrapper30
Originally Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE
yes and also there are a lot of unanswered questions yet

how did the shooter gain access to a school wearing a gas mask and weapons , when he had been expelled

why didn't the FBI take reports seriously

why didn't the school secure it's building

there is some definite negligence on the schools part for not having a secure building or someone let the shooter in in which case there can be 2 trials for 17 counts of murder.

survalence video should clear up many of these questions , and if no such video exists , that in it's self is a liability.

we have gotten to a time when you secure your building

you cover all the doors with cameras

any good plan starts with creating the barriers to entry to know when an entry is happening , the intelligence to know who and where , then the response

we had the law in the state legislature this year that would have allowed carry on school grounds that would have given people the potential to shoot back .

and everyone should know that it is withing the power of the state legislature to grant that power to CCL holders who have passed a background check

we do not need to wait for some federal law to change , federal gun free school zone law does not prohibit the state from granting exceptions to those licensed to carry.

so talk with your state rep and senator , in Wis it was SB169.

We have that bill going through congress right now. I believe it will pass.

Rather than rely on the federal government to solve the problem, what about leaving it to the local level of government?

If a local school district wants to pay for armed guards in the schools, and tax the property owners accordingly, why aren't they already free to do so?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread