No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160796
02/17/18 04:35 PM
02/17/18 04:35 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

We allow the killing of about 1 million a year and call it a right. This is where the real massacre is taking place. Shows anyone how little meaning human life has become.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160814
02/17/18 04:55 PM
02/17/18 04:55 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Many years ago I was watching a discussion on abortion. Like most discussions people were all talking over each other. The person in charge of the discussion ask one of the people on the board what he thought he said," Once you loose respect for life, you are on a slippery slope".

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160838
02/17/18 05:29 PM
02/17/18 05:29 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
People still trying to get the school to protect their kids? When I had kids in school, all it took was for me to find out they found draino bombs un-exploded on the playground a few days prior and that the school didn't tell any parents. I home schooled my kids THAT DAY. Then the year my oldest was to graduate, I main streamed him, and he graduated with honors with a regular diploma. I don't try to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I do mine as a father protecting my own. It really sucks what happened to all the kids at that school in FLA., But I tend to not get overly emotional about terrible things that happen to people who I have never met.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: ] #6160841
02/17/18 05:33 PM
02/17/18 05:33 PM
Michigan
coonlove Offline
trapper
coonlove  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Originally Posted By: J Staton
We allow the killing of about 1 million a year and call it a right. This is where the real massacre is taking place. Shows anyone how little meaning human life has become.

Absolutely agree. This is where the carnage of murder became "OK". when it's lawful to murder the "undesirable", how long before the next category of the same. This nation has the blood of millions of the unborn on it's hands and is reaping the whirlwind. Can a man take fire unto his bosom and not be burned?
We are a nation that no longer has any shame. The liberals want ALL lifestyles to be "normal". Wait until the next generation of kids are raised by the alphabet soup "parents" and see where we will go. We DESERVE what we are getting-want blood, you shall have blood.

"I'm the paterfamilias"
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160855
02/17/18 05:44 PM
02/17/18 05:44 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Can dogs smell firearms. I think some can. I know they can find spent ammo by smell because game wardens used them when lead shot was first banned, and some hunters carried some anyway.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6160961
02/17/18 07:34 PM
02/17/18 07:34 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I've had a gut full of people blaming vid games for these tragic moments !! It's just BS

Do people realize just how many kids and adults play these games and been doing so for years, yet I don't see any one lining up to kill others every day. People who blame games should realize that millions of people play these games.

With their rational there should be gunfights everyday at close quarters, it's not happening.

These things are brought on by mental problems or in-capabilities through mental instabilities.

If there is a way to further watch or study mental problems and stop ignoring flags from others as personality problems, there just might be a fix in place.

Until that quit hiding your heads in the sand and don't ignore whats going on around you or others, this could have been prevented if other's would have listened !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161086
02/17/18 09:56 PM
02/17/18 09:56 PM
ID
O
Ole Offline
trapper
Ole  Offline
trapper
O

ID
The kids in this school knew who was dangerous. It was the adults in our society who failed to act. It had little or nothing to do with religion, abortion, home schooling, parenting, video games, etc., etc. Don't all these school shootings end up with a kid with severe psychological disturbances called mental illness? We don't lay blame when a child has diabetes, cancer or a learning disability. The various kinds of mental illness are brain disorders but our society puts little emphasis on medical research or available health insurance that might help keep people from harming themselves or others. There are, however, some precautions that should be implemented at more schools. Maybe there could be some more definitive laws written to help police use in addressing situations before they escalate too far, but that still don't deprive a person of constitutional rights.

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161093
02/17/18 10:08 PM
02/17/18 10:08 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
At the risk of sounding politically incorrect,they used to institutionalize mentally ill people.Now many of the homeless are those turned loose after these psychiatric institutions were all closed,because they cant function in society.I agree,not their fault.They are forgotten souls,until those who have violent tendencies act.

Last edited by Boco; 02/17/18 10:09 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: Boco] #6161144
02/17/18 11:10 PM
02/17/18 11:10 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Boco
At the risk of sounding politically incorrect,they used to institutionalize mentally ill people.Now many of the homeless are those turned loose after these psychiatric institutions were all closed,because they cant function in society.I agree,not their fault.They are forgotten souls,until those who have violent tendencies act.

That isn't politically incorrect at all Boco. There was a state mental hospital 17 miles from my house. They shut 95% of it down several years back and turned loose all the patients. Except for the seriously insane... And they have some real lulu's there still.

It's a spooky thing to drive by that place at night.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161172
02/17/18 11:51 PM
02/17/18 11:51 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
As wonderful as metal detectors sound it will not work for several reasons:
way too many entry points in most schools
campus' are way too big in most schools
numerous buildings and portables per campus in most schools
School time would need to be either longer or classes combined in order to accommodate passing periods and metal detectors.
A shooter at a school doesn't need to go into a building to do the deed, the shooter can wait until passing period, lunch, or right when the last bell rings to do the deed.
Students have different means to get to school and all means would need to be searched.
keep in mind fire drills you then have several hundred -thousand people all trying to get through metal detectors at the same time. By the time everyone got through at once that class would be over. High school students could go their vehicles get their guns and have everyone in a very large tight group and do more damage.
Don't forget the amount of time for special needs students need to get through metal detectors.

My kids elementary school has 1 main building and 13 portable buildings. Each portable has 2 classrooms (entries), the main building has probably 30 doors. Roughly 12 acres with 2 roads around it and houses behind it.

Now if schools had 1 maybe 2 buildings and all entry points funneled to a security check point (like the airport) then metal detectors might help.

Instead of spending all that money on metal detectors how much gun training can teachers get? The schools could provide guns ammo and training for teachers/staff for the same price as putting metal detectors at every entry point in every school in every school district and private school.

Last edited by adam m; 02/18/18 12:59 AM.
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: adam m] #6161192
02/18/18 12:37 AM
02/18/18 12:37 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: adam m
How many knives get through TSA yearly?

Kind of off topic... And correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they relaxed the rules concerning knives now?

Concerning the rest of your points Adam... Very valid arguments.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161198
02/18/18 12:58 AM
02/18/18 12:58 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
I think you're right and I will delete that part.

Thanks Mike

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161200
02/18/18 01:02 AM
02/18/18 01:02 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Don't have to delete it bud... Not even sure I am correct about it.

I'm not sure how I feel about them relaxing those rules, if they actually did relax them.

I guess it's a whole lot easier to control what happens inside an aluminum tube than it is to control acres of open space and buildings with multiple access points.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161211
02/18/18 01:18 AM
02/18/18 01:18 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
While searching I found articles stating that the majority of internal testing of TSA screening failed most of the time to catch banned items like guns and phony explosives. 2015 and 2016 95% failure rate 2017 70-80% failure rate.

here's an article from 2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tra...m=.1286c681d476

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelgold...t/#458926d2a38d

Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: adam m] #6161214
02/18/18 01:25 AM
02/18/18 01:25 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
While searching I found articles stating that the majority of internal testing of TSA screening failed most of the time to catch banned items like guns and phony explosives. 2015 and 2016 95% failure rate 2017 70-80% failure rate.

here's an article from 2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tra...m=.1286c681d476

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelgold...t/#458926d2a38d

Good Lord. And we have people screaming that we don't need guns because we have the government to protect us?

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161216
02/18/18 01:28 AM
02/18/18 01:28 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
That brings up another point... One I made yesterday on fb.

I find it ironic that the same talking heads who screamed that Trump is a fascist are the same talking heads that tell me I don't need a gun to protect myself from a tyrannical government.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: adam m] #6161221
02/18/18 01:48 AM
02/18/18 01:48 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
As wonderful as metal detectors sound it will not work for several reasons:
way too many entry points in most schools
campus' are way too big in most schools
numerous buildings and portables per campus in most schools
School time would need to be either longer or classes combined in order to accommodate passing periods and metal detectors.
A shooter at a school doesn't need to go into a building to do the deed, the shooter can wait until passing period, lunch, or right when the last bell rings to do the deed.
Students have different means to get to school and all means would need to be searched.
keep in mind fire drills you then have several hundred -thousand people all trying to get through metal detectors at the same time. By the time everyone got through at once that class would be over. High school students could go their vehicles get their guns and have everyone in a very large tight group and do more damage.
Don't forget the amount of time for special needs students need to get through metal detectors.

My kids elementary school has 1 main building and 13 portable buildings. Each portable has 2 classrooms (entries), the main building has probably 30 doors. Roughly 12 acres with 2 roads around it and houses behind it.

Now if schools had 1 maybe 2 buildings and all entry points funneled to a security check point (like the airport) then metal detectors might help.

Instead of spending all that money on metal detectors how much gun training can teachers get? The schools could provide guns ammo and training for teachers/staff for the same price as putting metal detectors at every entry point in every school in every school district and private school.

I kind of think your school is in the minority, or at least should be. My elementary school had 1 building, 3 doors all locked, and everyone only could use 1 door except in a drill or for a special event. My high school though had 2 buildings. THE building, and the shop building. In the morning and afternoon all students went through the main protected doors, BUT they did go out a side door to the shop building, unprotected. But this was also in the early 1990s when stuff like this just didn't happen.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161227
02/18/18 01:57 AM
02/18/18 01:57 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I think we need a totalitarian state that shoves God down everyone's throat. That would take care of these school shootings.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: foxkidd44] #6161230
02/18/18 01:59 AM
02/18/18 01:59 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I don't know Angela, a lot of these schools are huge nowadays.

My little podunk school's entire campus... elementary, middle, and high school... would fit in the sports complex of Union High School in Tulsa. And that's just one of the schools in Tulsa.

My wife grew up in California. Her school district didn't even have its own buses... It was cheaper for the schools to provide passes for the kids to ride city buses because there were so many kids.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: my proposal to protect kids from school shootings [Re: James] #6161232
02/18/18 02:02 AM
02/18/18 02:02 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: James
I think we need a totalitarian state that shoves God down everyone's throat. That would take care of these school shootings.

Jim

O... K... That was really random.

On the flip side we could do away with religion completely and any kids who act up get loaded in a boxcar and sent to a gulag.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread