No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
We do need new gun control laws! #6162798
02/19/18 02:47 PM
02/19/18 02:47 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
I get sick every time I turn on the TV and hear people going on about this. They say it's time to do something! We need to pass laws to solve this problem! Well, in my opinion, we absolutely do. We need to pass the "common sense" gun control legislation we should have had all along. We need laws that prevent the creation of sitting duck zones like schools and churches and any place where people are gathered in groups in enclosed settings at appointed times and stripped of their second amendment rights to effectively defend themselves and others. If every law abiding and capable adult with a concealed carry permit was allowed to do so in these places, then these incidents would be limited in duration and casualties and a lot more of these kids would be alive today. No need to lock down schools like fortresses with one or two armed guards trying to protect hundreds of students. The same teachers and faculty who throw their bodies in front of these kids and die along with them like sheep could actually save them! In a school that doesn't force its teachers to leave their weapons in their cars outside, what do you think would have happened during the multiple intervals while this nutcase was reloading???

Granted, plenty of balls were dropped in the process of identifying this kid. He should have been stopped before he launched this attack - but that's not always the case. Often enough, someone's first identifiable offense is the deadly one. You cannot effective legislate an end to craziness, much less the onset of craziness before it even happens! And fortunately, we live in a country where we cannot be locked up before ever doing something wrong. But we should have the right to defend ourselves and that right should not be stripped because we enter a school or church or movie theater. This is insane. Every one of these mass shootings would have been so significantly reduced that we would be talking about the crazy guy who killed a few students and how we could have better identified and stopped him. A teacher surely would have and could have at numerous points during all of these sickening events.

All crazy mass shooters have certain things in common. They are capable and aware enough to plan, to drive, to load, to shoot - and to choose sitting duck zones where they can mow down helpless unarmed sheep. In the case of that orange haired guy who killed piles of people in the theater in Colorado, they found out he passed two other theaters on his way to the one that was a "no weapon zone" so he could kill all of those unarmed people. To clarify, I am not saying that my way will end craziness, but in every mass shooting case, it would reduce the slaughter.

No matter how we attempt to figure out who is crazy before they strike, we should not stop decent people from defending themselves and others. I cannot listen to these people go on about making the sitting duck zones worse. Our second amendment needs to be strengthened and backed up to defend law abiding citizens and those we care about. I'm sick of being a sitting duck every time I walk past one of those stupid no gun signs.

There. I'm done for now. Thanks for listening.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162802
02/19/18 02:49 PM
02/19/18 02:49 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Well said Patrice.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162803
02/19/18 02:51 PM
02/19/18 02:51 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
At least the potus is not flying the victims families around on air force 1 to use them for an agenda....

Imagine what would be going on if Trump had not stepped up to the plate?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162812
02/19/18 03:01 PM
02/19/18 03:01 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Rush Limbaugh, someone who i don't follow but saw him on the news, said...

The next school shooter is out there already planning.
He is known to people around him that he could do it.
He already owns the gun he'll use.

How do we stop him?
Do we need a new law to do so?

makes ya think.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162821
02/19/18 03:12 PM
02/19/18 03:12 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Patrice tell all your friends and phone your reps WIS SB169 would fix many of the shortcomings in our Wisconsin concealed carry law.

it would allow licensed carry on school grounds and make carry inside of school buildings up to the discretion of each school board.

We need to stop making felons of parents and grandparents who drove onto school grounds to pick up their kids while carrying .

we need to leave decisions up to local school boards.

SB169 has already passed committee and had it's public hearing , it is ready to be voted on and sent to the governors desk but it has not been scheduled for a vote , the governor and assembly leadership does not want to schedule it for a vote.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 02/19/18 03:12 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162837
02/19/18 03:28 PM
02/19/18 03:28 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I keep harping on this. But it has some relevance...

Want to reduce the number of guns available to people who shouldn't have them? Call your elected officials and demand that local, state, and federal officials do their jobs and pass on the needed info to the NCIC database...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoda...checks/7959529/

We already have the system in place to prevent a lot of this. But it isn't being utilized.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162843
02/19/18 03:31 PM
02/19/18 03:31 PM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
That is a strong statement Patrice. And a very correct one also. You pretty much said what needs to be done. No law will stop the evil hearts of man. The ones who are hollering the loudest now across this country do so because they don't have a clue about solving this problem. So they latch on to a POPULAR movement, though doomed to failure it's all they have to support. Sadly there are those in power who probably are the very root of the problem we have now with our society. They are blinded and cannot see the damage being done with their support of evil. I pray God changes the hearts of those who rebel against Him. Again..... a great comment Patrice!

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162855
02/19/18 03:45 PM
02/19/18 03:45 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Online happy
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Online Happy
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Until these people start actually introducing an amendment to repeal the second amendment, its all just political maneuvering.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162871
02/19/18 03:57 PM
02/19/18 03:57 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Patrice I don't think your way of thinking Is going work.
How many Sunday church goers do you think would carry If It was legal. How many theater goers would carry If It were legal? Are we going to legalize kids In schools to carry?

I'm betting that most individuals that legally carry would be of no help In a shoot out. There's a big difference in shooting at targets then being shot at.

These shooters are nuts and I don't think a armed public Is going to stop this Insanity.

I don't have an answer. But In My opinion doing away with Gun Free zones Isn't going to work.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: The Beav] #6162885
02/19/18 04:12 PM
02/19/18 04:12 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Beav, it doesn't matter how many people carry. It immediately stops an area from being a sitting duck zone chosen by a nutcase to kill people. Out of all potential law abiding citizens who may be present and carrying at the time of an incident like that, I believe that at least one person could have found a good shot at the guy while he was reloading. At least one. Look at the teachers who cower in a corner and die with their students. At least one adult could have stopped most of the murders. I would have no problem punching a hole in someone under those circumstances and many others. I think you are underestimating your grasp on the reality of watching a slaughter unfold and being able to stop it by hitting a single target.

We already have an armed public, Beav. Anywhere our already armed public is free to carry, these things do not happen. They only happen in the remaining isolated and advertised spots where we exclude our armed public.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162891
02/19/18 04:17 PM
02/19/18 04:17 PM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
Now anti gun people have some surviving students to protest for more gun laws

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162897
02/19/18 04:23 PM
02/19/18 04:23 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Dead Wrong Beav. It's one Giant step in the right direction. Gun free zones are killing fields !!!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162900
02/19/18 04:26 PM
02/19/18 04:26 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
That second paragraph, patrice says it all! THAT is the problem. Most of these chicken littles are crazy in a way, but don't want to die doing their dirty deed. Hence they look for soft targets. Gary.....pay attention!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162910
02/19/18 04:34 PM
02/19/18 04:34 PM
Bismarck Arkansas
A
Arkansas87 Offline
trapper
Arkansas87  Offline
trapper
A

Bismarck Arkansas
The beav said it right! "There is a big difference in shooting at targets and being shot at" let one of them nuts have someone in a school shooting back at them and se what happens!!

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Arkansas87] #6162917
02/19/18 04:38 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Wrong. When teachers who love their students throw themselves in the way of gunfire and get punched full of holes and die to defend those students, it's not much of a stretch to believe that one of them would find a good shot to save everyone's lives. Not at all. A shooter like that is one unanswered target killing on and on and on over time. That presents plenty of reasonable opportunities.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162919
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Beav , after TX and really even after the seik temple shooting in Milwaukee a few years ago , and other church shootings , you might be amazed the number of people who carry to church , heck the pastor would be in some places.

the church I was attending the pastor is a very nice guy but he was a total pacifist any way the church trustees decided not to post we knew how he felt about it but we just made sure not to tell him we were carrying , we knew who was even if he had no clue.

I have Muslim co-workers and they took it very serious after the shooting at the Seik temple in Millwakee , they got carry licenses , took training , and discussed plans.

I know I have seen the conversation here on trapperman , in many places the pastor also carries , there have been a few churches where a shooter tried and was taken out by a church members as I recall they had an organized group of church goers who carried radios and handled the security.

I wouldn't bet against the individuals licensed to carry , people with virtually no training seem to statistically do fairly well defending themselves the range is generally very short.

would I like to see more people more proficient sure, I would love to see people practiced and proficient.

In my opinion doing away with GFZ isn't going to hurt and it sure isn't helping.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162924
02/19/18 04:45 PM
02/19/18 04:45 PM
Bismarck Arkansas
A
Arkansas87 Offline
trapper
Arkansas87  Offline
trapper
A

Bismarck Arkansas
Patrice I think you read my post wrong.I was agreeing with you. My wife works at an elementary school and I geruntee you she would shoot back

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Arkansas87] #6162930
02/19/18 04:49 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
I apologize, Arkansas. I misunderstood you. Thanks for letting me know. Now let's all gang up on the Beav. laugh

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162931

K
krispcritter
Unregistered
krispcritter
Unregistered
K

And they forget that our 2nd amendment protects their 1st amendment. I carry.... I don't pay attention to no carry signs, except for federal and state buildings. My wife doesn't even know when I'm carrying and when I'm not. I will not be a victim. I work in a school and do not take my firearm to school but I do have a contingence plan at school. My coworker is retired Buffalo PD. We have a plan and only we know.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6162937
02/19/18 04:53 PM
02/19/18 04:53 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Nope your all wrong.
Nut cases don't worry about If It's a gun free zone or not. They go where there are lots of targets. You pull the fire alarm kids are heading for the exits. They are dead meat and by the time the few teachers that have guns react It's way to late. And how many kids may get caught In the cross fire? I can se that teacher opening fire with her glock trying to take out the bad guy.

Most of us have never been shot at or have had to shoot back. So we don't know what we would do In a situation. You can all jump up on your soap box and beat your chest(be careful Patrice) and tell us what you would do. But until It happens you don't know how you will react. And then you take some soccer mom with a gun who knows what will happen.

Last edited by The Beav; 02/19/18 05:06 PM.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread