No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6163858
02/20/18 11:37 AM
02/20/18 11:37 AM
MN--Far from the crowds
DTOM Offline
trapper
DTOM  Offline
trapper

MN--Far from the crowds
I never knew what to expect but that didnt stop Uncle Sam from putting a gun in my hands and the hands of the brothers on either side of me, they didnt know either. We were well trained but had no experience. We gained experience fast. That never would have happened if we were not armed. I'll take the unknown of an armed person on my side any day over knowing how being unarmed in a gun fight usually turns out. Combat is nothing but varibles. It is your job to stack them in your favor. Being unarmed is setting them against you from the get go. Just because you carry a gun or draw it doesnt mean you have to shoot, guns go back on safe and in the holster just as easy as you can draw them.

No matter how many LEO's we have, they wont always be there when bad things happen.

No matter what laws we pass, they wont always stop the bad guys before he acts.

No matter how prepared you are, you can still fail. Being armed,trained,even experienced, you can still fail. You cant stop every bad deed or bad actor. Armed law abiding citizens will not be able to stop every shooting. Nothing short of God's grace will do that. Accept it. It doesnt mean that an armed person isnt a good start.

Some people will fail, some innocent people may be hurt or killed. That can happen in a gun fight. Accept it because the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Waiting for a bad guy to run out of ammo, stop his action, or have mercy is not very good odds in a gun fight. You cant choose where, when or how a POS will act out but you can be prepared to defend yourself and at least have the option to fight back. I'll take that. I'm not very good at cowering and waiting to be shot.

It may not stop a thing ever but I'll take the unknown but armed over the known out come of being unarmed.

DONT TREAD ON ME
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6163895
02/20/18 12:09 PM
02/20/18 12:09 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA
I said it on another trappers forum. www.IowaTrappersTalk.com....

The biggest way we control these situations is by having men manning up to be the fathers they need to be. Too many single moms raising boys that don't have a father to lead them cause their fathers are dead beats. Also too many fathers in the home that don't do anything with their sons to teach them...only helping theirselves instead. Sad. This is why i believe many of these situations have existed. Teens will gravitate to other forms of "getting attention" if they are not given the attention they really need and want to have.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6163972
02/20/18 01:17 PM
02/20/18 01:17 PM
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
trapper234 Offline
trapper
trapper234  Offline
trapper

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
I say they post more signs outside schools and businesses stating that firearms are not allowed on the property. That seems to be working well. Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign.

Last edited by trapper234; 02/20/18 01:19 PM.

Life Member WTA
Life Member NRA
Member NTA

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: trapper234] #6164024
02/20/18 02:07 PM
02/20/18 02:07 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
The problem I have with guards and police in schools is that the anti's always use that as part of a lockdown plan to continue to strip law abiding citizens of their second amendment rights. They want outside people to come into the sitting duck zone and stand guard (usually at the expense of the taxpayers), instead of giving rights back to the rest of the school faculty.

The beauty of concealed carry for all capable law abiding citizens is that no one ever knows who or how many people are carrying. It could be three or it could be twenty five. It has the same preventative effect, it restores the power to the people and it costs the taxpayers nothing. In the case of an active shooter situation, duration would be severely limited. We would definitely not hear about all of the breaks in the action while the shooter is reloading.

Thanks for all of your comments, folks. I feel better just hearing from people like you.

Now I am going outside to burn up some rounds and sharpen the skills.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6164037
02/20/18 02:20 PM
02/20/18 02:20 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Shoot some for me Patrice!

I've been wanting to shoot too. But it has been raining pretty steady for the last 2 or 3 days. I'm not complaining though, we needed the rain.

I'm sure some of my fellow Okies out west would like to see 2 or 3 days of rain... Lots of fires out there.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6164055
02/20/18 02:36 PM
02/20/18 02:36 PM
nc illinois
R
rolson Offline
trapper
rolson  Offline
trapper
R

nc illinois
ILL has the toughest gun laws in the country. Ask Chicago how there working

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6164067
02/20/18 02:58 PM
02/20/18 02:58 PM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
Originally Posted By: Patrice
Beav, it doesn't matter how many people carry. It immediately stops an area from being a sitting duck zone chosen by a nutcase to kill people. Out of all potential law abiding citizens who may be present and carrying at the time of an incident like that, I believe that at least one person could have found a good shot at the guy while he was reloading. At least one. Look at the teachers who cower in a corner and die with their students. At least one adult could have stopped most of the murders. I would have no problem punching a hole in someone under those circumstances and many others. I think you are underestimating your grasp on the reality of watching a slaughter unfold and being able to stop it by hitting a single target.

We already have an armed public, Beav. Anywhere our already armed public is free to carry, these things do not happen. They only happen in the remaining isolated and advertised spots where we exclude our armed public.

A coach was shot blocking students from being shot probably would have had a better chance if he had a gun.

Will my toes ever warm up?

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: madcotrappwr] #6164080
02/20/18 03:08 PM
02/20/18 03:08 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted By: madcotrappwr
Originally Posted By: Patrice
Beav, it doesn't matter how many people carry. It immediately stops an area from being a sitting duck zone chosen by a nutcase to kill people. Out of all potential law abiding citizens who may be present and carrying at the time of an incident like that, I believe that at least one person could have found a good shot at the guy while he was reloading. At least one. Look at the teachers who cower in a corner and die with their students. At least one adult could have stopped most of the murders. I would have no problem punching a hole in someone under those circumstances and many others. I think you are underestimating your grasp on the reality of watching a slaughter unfold and being able to stop it by hitting a single target.

We already have an armed public, Beav. Anywhere our already armed public is free to carry, these things do not happen. They only happen in the remaining isolated and advertised spots where we exclude our armed public.

A coach was shot blocking students from being shot probably would have had a better chance if he had a gun.

Can you only imagine how different the headlines would have been? If he had enough time to shield students he would have had enough time to access the situation and draw his weapon. Unless he was no.17 this story has a better ending. Guns don't kill students, Students kill students.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6164146
02/20/18 04:47 PM
02/20/18 04:47 PM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
Lets not forget the same democrats and Republican gun grabbers would still be going nuts even if the coach pulled a gun and stopped the guy at one student shot. This isn't about safety.

Will my toes ever warm up?

I'm Gonna die with my boots on.

Tim Henry.

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: keystone] #6164974
02/21/18 10:03 AM
02/21/18 10:03 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
I think you might be surprised

25% of those reporting to be democrats in this poll had a gun in the house, 48% of independents did too...

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/

Originally Posted By: keystone
... Most liberals wouldn’t even entertain the idea of carrying a gun, let alone stand up and use one. ...

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6165186
02/21/18 01:39 PM
02/21/18 01:39 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I agree with armed guards at schools. As long as schools are a gun-free zone, they remain a target for these cowards. The other thing is notoriety. Make the media stop naming the coward and stop with the pictures. Look at all the copycats that popped up since the Florida shooting. If the shooter don't make the news, what's the point? Some of these idiots made videos before they shot up the schools.

The media will never stop with naming the perp and showing his photo. So, they should do it right then. Follow this person after his incarceration. Interview him, let him tell how much fun prison is, how he's treated by the other inmates. Somebody young, like most of these morons are, are often beaten, raped, etc.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: lebowski] #6165238
02/21/18 02:14 PM
02/21/18 02:14 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline OP
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
The legal liability issue of gun free zones is an interesting one to me.

If I'm damaged as a result of a shooting because I was stripped of the ability to defend myself in a sitting duck zone, I certainly believe I should be able to prevail in a lawsuit against the parties who stripped me of my rights. If some cases were to go this way, the monetary pressure would be in the favor of gun rights.

Now, they make you defenseless and then want to suck tax money out of your wallet to lock down schools like fortresses and pay armed guards to defend you. The simplest and cheapest solution was there all along.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6165412
02/21/18 04:57 PM
02/21/18 04:57 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
you know who hurts us the most , the I'm a hunter bla bla bla but no one needs military weapons why because they think it can't happen with the same guns they hunt deer with but it has.

I have some cousins that are teachers , they want something but seriously are against the idea of them being armed , they absolutely do not understand guns or force they think it takes thousands of hours of training , that they would never have time for.

you can just sense their FEAR of a gun , like it is going to unlock it's self and murder you while you sleep all on it's own , it is so irrational. otherwise smart capable logical people just rendered mush at the idea that they or anyone who isn't a cop or security guard could be trusted with a gun.

the must only see the uniform , I have know a few people that were armed security, one now works at a grocery store because it pays better and has better hours.
Seriously you would trust your kids with a security guard with 36 hours training , who makes less than the clerk at the grocery store more than yourself or your colleagues. those are trust issues.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6165556
02/21/18 07:03 PM
02/21/18 07:03 PM
Fort Worth Texas
yask65 Offline
trapper
yask65  Offline
trapper

Fort Worth Texas
it would have to be people who are willing to help defend themselves and others , you won't make any one defend them selves if they aren't wanting to ! but i do believe there are teachers who are capable to defend themselves as well as others they have to have the opportunity to be able to do this , my wife is in her last semester of school before becoming a teacher but she will not be the one carrying a gun ! i pray that these things will come to an end . there needs to be a solution ,I'm sure there is but not everyone will be happy about it !

Re: We do need new gun control laws! [Re: Patrice] #6165923
02/22/18 01:46 AM
02/22/18 01:46 AM
southern Indiana
blackoak Offline
trapper
blackoak  Offline
trapper

southern Indiana
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, fleeing from evil will never stop it...........

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread