No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: keystone] #6165865
02/21/18 11:55 PM
02/21/18 11:55 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
Originally Posted By: keystone
Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
I don't have a problem with the proposal... As long as we raise the age to exercise all of our other constitutional rights too.

21 to vote!!! Wonder how that will go over?

Mike

21 to serve your country also? How would that go over?
It will be a shame if they allow an 18yr old to go into combat and risk his life but tell him he can’t purchase a firearm. I really disagree with Trump on this one, he should not have budged on any gun policies. I don’t think it will help his case when it comes to re- election.

He won’t lose a single gun owner vote to any democrat they run against him. Would you have voted for Hillary if you knew Trump would not veto a law banning bump stocks??

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6165870
02/22/18 12:06 AM
02/22/18 12:06 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
The kids at the marches holding signs saying No NRA money. That is ridiculous.

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: cmcf] #6165872
02/22/18 12:07 AM
02/22/18 12:07 AM
Indiana
L
lureintheanimal Offline
trapper
lureintheanimal  Offline
trapper
L

Indiana
Originally Posted By: cmcf
A person did not have to be 21 to buy ammo in the late sixties cause I bought lots of it at age fifteen. I also bought two MILITARY RIFLES at Mackies Discount Sporting Goods in Abilene Texas at seventeen. And when the firing pin broke on the 6.5mm Japanese Arasaka I took it to high school and WITH THE TEACHERS PERMISSION rebuilt the firing pin in the FFA class shop. Pulled the bullets out of a few rounds and dumped the powder AND TEST FIRED IT IN THE SHOP. It was still working fine a couple years later when I sold it to a friend. The ONLY REASONABLE GUN CONTROL IS (1) always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. (2)never point the gun at any thing you don't want to kill or destroy. (3) make sure of your target and what is behind it. (4) unload the chamber before putting it in a vehicle or crossing a fence. (5) always assume the gun is loaded. (6) never rely on the guns safety (7) USE BOTH HANDS AND AIM SMALL. Give the gun banning idiots an inch and they will still want a mile!

Quote! It may have been State Law difference, but it WAS Age 21 here in Indiana, mostly Hardware Stores sold ammunition back then, I read The Signs inside The Store!
In Texas and Wyoming State Laws could have been different! Here in Indiana, the print was even on Box .22 cal. shells it even read inside the paper flaps on the ends Must Be 21, Range 1 mile! I may even have a box or 2 around here, OLDE! I have a box of .22 Caliber Shorts which were common back then, hard to find nowadays, maybe State Law differences, I didn't ask my Lawyer back then Why! I was too busy Trapping , Hunting, Target practicing (plinking)! Good 'Ole Times! .22 Caliber shorts were good for 'Coon, Red Fox, groundhogs, etc.
You forgot one, NEVER CROSS A FENCE WITH A LOADED FIREARM and others! SAFETY FIRST!
I AM 'NRA' ALL THE WAY! So anything that can help, will be Helpful, in the long term, But honestly, I believe there has been enough, way far enough changes to "Our 2nd Amendment", what has those changes done??

Last edited by lureintheanimal; 02/22/18 12:28 AM.

vis vitalis
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6165875
02/22/18 12:11 AM
02/22/18 12:11 AM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
I personally would not Kansas Rook, but if you blend any type of gun bans, not building the wall, not repealing Obamacare, etc. That’s when i will worry. I know his term isn’t over yet so we shall see.

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6165895
02/22/18 12:37 AM
02/22/18 12:37 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Rule (4) make sure the chamber is empty before putting gun in a vehicle or crossing a fence. I didn't forget squat. And although I am a lifetime NRA member now I was taught those rules by my father and grandfather before I knew there was a National Rifle Association. About age six or seven.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6165925
02/22/18 01:51 AM
02/22/18 01:51 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The president said the administration would look “very strongly” at the option for “concealed carry” at schools, but acknowledged that “a lot of people will be opposed to it.”

“Concealed carry only works for people that are very adept at carrying a gun,” Trump said. “Where a teacher would have a concealed gun on them, go for special training and they would be there and you would no longer have a gun free zone.”

Trump added: “A gun-free zone to a maniac, they’re all cowards, it’s ‘let’s go in and attack because bullets aren’t coming at us.’”

The president said that an attack lasts, on average “three minutes.”

“It takes five to eight minutes for first responders. So the attack is over. If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms, they could very well end [the attack],” Trump said. “We are looking at that very strongly. A lot of people will be opposed to it. A lot of people are gonna like it.”

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: cmcf] #6165942
02/22/18 02:48 AM
02/22/18 02:48 AM
Henderson, N.Y. Jefferson Co.
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Rule (4) make sure the chamber is empty before putting gun in a vehicle or crossing a fence. I didn't forget squat. And although I am a lifetime NRA member now I was taught those rules by my father and grandfather before I knew there was a National Rifle Association. About age six or seven.

Shouldn't One Also Make Sure The Magazine Is Empty Before Placing A Firearm In A Motor Vehicle ?

I Don't Know About The Firearms Laws In Your State, But In Most Places

A Firearm [Excluding A Handgun} Must Be Unloaded In Both The Chamber AND THE MAGAZINE.

You'd Be Cited For A Firearms Violation In Many States For Having A Long Gun

With A Loaded Magazine In A Motor Vehicle.

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: walleyed] #6165947
02/22/18 03:27 AM
02/22/18 03:27 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: walleyed

Shouldn't One Also Make Sure The Magazine Is Empty Before Placing A Firearm In A Motor Vehicle ?

I Don't Know About The Firearms Laws In Your State, But In Most Places

A Firearm [Excluding A Handgun} Must Be Unloaded In Both The Chamber AND THE MAGAZINE.

You'd Be Cited For A Firearms Violation In Many States For Having A Long Gun

With A Loaded Magazine In A Motor Vehicle.

w

I always remove mags, clear chambers, and leave the action open... Pull the belts out of the belt fed ones too grin

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6165957
02/22/18 05:08 AM
02/22/18 05:08 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Loaded (round of ammo in the chamber) long gun is legal in a vehicle in Kansas unless your spotlighting deer.....any legal means of killing a deer is illegal to have in a vehicle if you are spotlighting deer. (pistol, rifle, bow or xbow) even if you have a ccl.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Mike in A-town] #6166051
02/22/18 09:13 AM
02/22/18 09:13 AM
W
walleyed Offline
trapper
walleyed  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town

I always remove mags, clear chambers, and leave the action open... Pull the belts out of the belt fed ones too grin

Mike

Mike,

Do You Also Send Home Your Team Members From Your Crew-Served Weapons When Not In Use, laugh

Or Do You Just Place Them On Stand-By ? laugh

w

"Provisional/Interim" member of NYS Trappers Association
Jefferson Co. Fur Harvesters

I Support Non-Resident Trapping

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Law Dog] #6166057
02/22/18 09:19 AM
02/22/18 09:19 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
There seems to be a large faction of gullible people who believe it though

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
And another this sick stuff has been going on for several years just trolls/bots playing game it that was truly the goal you would think they would be better at it!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Rat Masterson] #6166060
02/22/18 09:22 AM
02/22/18 09:22 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
I know right! It's just terrible when people exercise their first amendment rights when they differ from your opinion

Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
The kids at the marches holding signs saying No NRA money. That is ridiculous.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Marty] #6166062
02/22/18 09:28 AM
02/22/18 09:28 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted By: Marty
The president said the administration would look “very strongly” at the option for “concealed carry” at schools, but acknowledged that “a lot of people will be opposed to it.”

“Concealed carry only works for people that are very adept at carrying a gun,” Trump said. “Where a teacher would have a concealed gun on them, go for special training and they would be there and you would no longer have a gun free zone.”

Trump added: “A gun-free zone to a maniac, they’re all cowards, it’s ‘let’s go in and attack because bullets aren’t coming at us.’”

The president said that an attack lasts, on average “three minutes.”

“It takes five to eight minutes for first responders. So the attack is over. If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms, they could very well end [the attack],” Trump said. “We are looking at that very strongly. A lot of people will be opposed to it. A lot of people are gonna like it.”

This quote by the president is more of an indictment of the federal department of education than anything to do with gun laws. Why does the president have ANYTHING to do with what happens in my local school? 'A lot of people will be opposed...' Duh, maybe let decisions be made at a local level. We know what is better for us than a bureaucrat in D.C.
I believe he is missing a great opportunity to make government smaller (not surprisingly). If some district doesn't want constitutional carry in their school, well, that is their perogitive. I'm quite sure the stickers would be coming off the doors of my local school.

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6166086
02/22/18 10:08 AM
02/22/18 10:08 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Because everyone is screaming at the Pres. to wave a magic wand and change evil people into good people.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 02/22/18 10:09 AM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6166091
02/22/18 10:12 AM
02/22/18 10:12 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
If its allowable to have "sanctuary" cities and states, lets also have cities and states that allow open carry, and the same for gun bans. See which works the best.

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6166095
02/22/18 10:14 AM
02/22/18 10:14 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Schools without guns, schools with armed personnel. Send your kid to the school of your choice.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 02/22/18 10:14 AM.

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6166156
02/22/18 11:11 AM
02/22/18 11:11 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Many states don't require the magazine to be empty as well.
Some states require the gun be locked in the trunk and completely unloaded, those states also require many other onerous things. One of the main reasons I don't live there. If I posted the other reasons I don't I would be sent on a very long vacation and possibly be told to not come back. I'll leave it at that.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6166180
02/22/18 11:44 AM
02/22/18 11:44 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I believe I will not support a candidate again who doesn't strive to eliminate every gun control law in every state. I want a candidate that believes the job of the federal government is to first make sure no states trample on the bill of rights. That their other primary purpose is to maintain a military whose primary purpose is PREVENT INVASION. So in the eyes of most of you I am going to throw my vote away. I am quite sick of politicians and their posturing and lying.

When I was kid a 6 year old could buy a postal money order, send it to sears, and in a few weeks the mailman would bring him his new ted Williams shotgun. I don't remember any gas station, hardware store or anybody else with an age restriction on buying ammo. Yes there were mass killings. Its why all that changed. We still have mass killings. We will still have them after more law is passed.

I WANT MY LIBERTY

Last edited by danny clifton; 02/22/18 11:45 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: FlyinFinn] #6166187
02/22/18 11:51 AM
02/22/18 11:51 AM
Wright county, Minnesota
Birch Tree Offline
trapper
Birch Tree  Offline
trapper

Wright county, Minnesota
[/quote]
This quote by the president is more of an indictment of the federal department of education than anything to do with gun laws. Why does the president have ANYTHING to do with what happens in my local school? 'A lot of people will be opposed...' Duh, maybe let decisions be made at a local level. We know what is better for us than a bureaucrat in D.C.
I believe he is missing a great opportunity to make government smaller (not surprisingly). If some district doesn't want constitutional carry in their school, well, that is their perogitive. I'm quite sure the stickers would be coming off the doors of my local school.
[/quote]

I know what you are saying Flynn, and I agree but then why do they think people in Florida have the right to tell Minnesotans what should or shouldn't be banned? It is a two-way street but these people think it should be their street making all the calls!

Alcohol kills 4700 teens a year but no one wants to ban beer even though it is easier and cheaper to get than the guns.

Mark Skokan, Buffalo MN.

MTA and NTA Member.
Re: What the heck, Trump?!?! [Re: Ditchdiver] #6166199
02/22/18 12:01 PM
02/22/18 12:01 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Ban privately owned cars and pickups. They kill more people than any other man made tool ever invented. They are not even regulated. Anybody that wants one can walk onto a car lot with a couple thousand in cash and drive away in one. These things are causing global warming, lung cancer, and premarital sex. Why do we see the things everywhere???????????????????????????????????? Whats the attraction??????????????? I think people buy them because they have low self esteem. there is no reason to continue allowing them. 100 years ago a few people needed them for transportation. That is no longer the case. In the modern world we have busses trains and taxi's all operated by professional trained drivers. End the madness. Ban POV's

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread