Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Ice saw and hand ice augere #6166552
02/22/18 05:29 PM
02/22/18 05:29 PM
Alaska Northwestern
That Fool Offline OP
trapper
That Fool  Offline OP
trapper

Alaska Northwestern
Hey everyone, anyone ever used any of the ice saws and hand ice auger here? was looking at getting them on ebay or amazon, was planning on setting for beavers again. I tried using chainsaws and i would get part of the ice cut up and would freeze up from the ice shavings. tried running with out chaincase oil and with oil. Thanks!

Re: Ice saw and hand ice augere [Re: That Fool] #6166566
02/22/18 05:48 PM
02/22/18 05:48 PM
Bethel, AK
Kusko Offline
"Mr. Mayor"
Kusko  Offline
"Mr. Mayor"

Bethel, AK
TF,

When you cut your hole with the saw, have a block of wood handy to cut into after you cut into the ice. This will keep your saw running.

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." Linus Van Pelt

www.alaskafinandfur.com
Re: Ice saw and hand ice augere [Re: That Fool] #6166570
02/22/18 05:54 PM
02/22/18 05:54 PM
Alaska Northwestern
That Fool Offline OP
trapper
That Fool  Offline OP
trapper

Alaska Northwestern
Thanks Kusko! I may get the farm boss or wood boss stihl, I will try that out. Going to see about setting this coming weekend, ice has been thin though and quite a bit of overflow this winter. Kinda weary of heading on the lakes and creek, since it was warm. Near went in a creek and lake while reading out the country. Got stuck yesterday in a creek after the snow piled up and got wet snow.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman