No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 35 1 2 32 33 34 35
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: FlyinFinn] #6188892
03/15/18 10:02 PM
03/15/18 10:02 PM
S/W Wisconsin
rpmartin Offline
trapper
rpmartin  Offline
trapper

S/W Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
As in the case of Ricky Scott (republican, nra A+) the NRA can have any stance they really want, it is the noodle spined republicans they give cash enemas to who will have the final say as to your ar15s. Vote differently and give money to a different organization if you want a different outcome. As a disclaimer, to all who have said they are OK with compromising and electing noodle spines I encourage you all to stay the course.

Something we can agree on, lot of Republicans are weenies buuut they are still about 150% better than any sonofademacrat you got!
I don't agree with everything the NRA does but their still the best thing going for gun owners. Lots of emotional people out there after a mass shooting of kids that wants something done immediately. I reckon that's why the NRA can justify giving a little. Like I said before no person or organization is perfect.

Life member,
NRA, NTA, RMEF, Pheasants Forever.
WTA,TTA,FTA,SA,GOA, member

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: rpmartin] #6188906
03/15/18 10:16 PM
03/15/18 10:16 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted By: rpmartin

Something we can agree on, lot of Republicans are weenies buuut

Everything written after this phase is meaningless. But this phrase, this phrase says a lot. Unsure of how many more months, years or generations the republic can withstand 'buuut'. I suppose we will find out.

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: FlyinFinn] #6188945
03/15/18 10:53 PM
03/15/18 10:53 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Probably, Danny. I find it odd that through years and years and law after law, that 'shall not be infringed' obviously has an asterisk behind it for darn near everyone in America. The whole point of my every post in this long thread was to make people examine their own personal interpretation of the Amendment (that is, after all, the most important interpretation). Very few things in life are black and white, all or nothing. Two examples I can think of is either God is everything, or he is nothing. He can't be God in half measure. Another is this idea of inherent rights. Either you have them, or you dont. We obviously dont. They have been legislated away. But, can anyone, even omnipotent government, take away something that is an idea, or a value that person holds? The whole charade is continued only because of the personal values and convictions of those who defend it. Millions of Americans have taken an oath to defend the Constitution, many have been snuffed out under the guise of defending it (but really our foreign policy). If a simple phase such as 'shall not be infringed' can be twisted by all three branches of our government, under different political parties and across generations, to somehow make it seem O.K. to engage in compromise and be very infringed is just crazy to me.

This is the best post I've seen here to date. I know you aren't looking for accolades Finn, I'm pointing this out because it's a shame more don't get it and will keep the NORM going.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: rpmartin] #6188946
03/15/18 10:57 PM
03/15/18 10:57 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: rpmartin
As in the case of Ricky Scott (republican, nra A+) the NRA can have any stance they really want, it is the noodle spined republicans they give cash enemas to who will have the final say as to your ar15s. Vote differently and give money to a different organization if you want a different outcome. As a disclaimer, to all who have said they are OK with compromising and electing noodle spines I encourage you all to stay the course.

Something we can agree on, lot of Republicans are weenies buuut they are still about 150% better than any sonofademacrat you got!
I don't agree with everything the NRA does but their still the best thing going for gun owners. Lots of emotional people out there after a mass shooting of kids that wants something done immediately. I reckon that's why the NRA can justify giving a little. Like I said before no person or organization is perfect.

I reckon the NRA has felt that way since the 30's. As so it's recorded.....

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6188961
03/15/18 11:15 PM
03/15/18 11:15 PM
Central PA, God's Country
PAlltheway Offline
trapper
PAlltheway  Offline
trapper

Central PA, God's Country
Has Flyin Finn begun mobilizing his Army of One gun rights group yet?
Lotta hot air in those sails, Flyin Finn.
I am not out to get you, but you cannot expect to stand on some obscure moral high ground, which we all agree with you on in principle, and then also expect us to accept your impractical conclusion. Somehow you are either too good for us NRA people, or the NRA is not good enough for you, but either way you are a serious gun owner who disdains organized defense of our sacred rights. This is not some esoteric debate, Finn, it is about boots on the ground. We need every swingin duck we can get in this fight. Step up, man. And if you feel sullied, it is because you are digging your hole deeper and deeper but insisting that it's our fault. You are no more passionate about the Second Amendment than any of us, but we are more practical about how it will be saved, or lost. You are needed in this fight, Bub.

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6188968
03/15/18 11:35 PM
03/15/18 11:35 PM
S/W Wisconsin
rpmartin Offline
trapper
rpmartin  Offline
trapper

S/W Wisconsin
^^^^ good post, for unknown reasons he refuses to be a part of any national trapping organization also. And apparently don't even get him started on his state organization.

Life member,

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: PAlltheway] #6188976
03/15/18 11:52 PM
03/15/18 11:52 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted By: PAlltheway
I am not out to get you, but you cannot expect to stand on some obscure moral high ground, which we all agree with you on in principle, and then also expect us to accept your impractical conclusion. Somehow you are either too good for us NRA people, or the NRA is not good enough for you, but either way you are a serious gun owner who disdains organized defense of our sacred rights. This is not some esoteric debate, Finn, it is about boots on the ground. We need every swingin duck we can get in this fight. Step up, man. And if you feel sullied, it is because you are digging your hole deeper and deeper but insisting that it's our fault. You are no more passionate about the Second Amendment than any of us, but we are more practical about how it will be saved, or lost. You are needed in this fight, Bub.

1. The NRA has been giving away our 2nd rights since the 30's willy nilly, that cannot be disputed.
2. The NRA tells all how strong they are, most buy it, but do the math. 5 million members across 50 states. 120 million plus in yearly revenue to lobby with is great, they choose to use it to compromise.
3. There are at least 75-100 million gun owners, approximately. Only 5 million members. If you think for one minute that the other 70 plus million hasn't joined the NRA because there cheap, well, that's just silly. My opinion is because like myself they know it's all a big fat joke. When the NRA takes a non compromising stance, I'll rejoin, as will others as I suspect.
4. The house and senate care more about re election than anything. Sure the NRA has some pull, but the constituents are where the proverbial rubber meets the road, Bub.....

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: PAlltheway] #6188985
03/16/18 12:12 AM
03/16/18 12:12 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted By: PAlltheway

If the NRA is the boots on the ground I'll keep my feet here on the sofa. I have parried every thrust at my character, spoken my piece as best I can. I hereby retire from this thread, it has been on the 1st page long enough for most members to read and hopefully examine what the 2nd amendment means to them personally, and to compare that with the goals, history and attitudes of fellows they throw their hat in with in regards to groups. Tomorrow I will write Wayne Lapeeair and suggest he introduces a super duper platinum level of sponsorship membership that some can send money towards. I sincerely hope the super duper platinum level sponsorship membership allows the next political compromise to fritter away the least amount of good that is left in this country. Until the next thread of interest comes along; I bid you all goodnight.

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6188992
03/16/18 12:23 AM
03/16/18 12:23 AM
New York
J
Jim H Offline
trapper
Jim H  Offline
trapper
J

New York
1. The NRA has been giving away our 2nd rights since the 30's willy nilly, that cannot be disputed.
2. The NRA tells all how strong they are, most buy it, but do the math. 5 million members across 50 states. 120 million plus in yearly revenue to lobby with is great, they choose to use it to compromise.
3. There are at least 75-100 million gun owners, approximately. Only 5 million members. If you think for one minute that the other 70 plus million hasn't joined the NRA because there cheap, well, that's just silly. My opinion is because like myself they know it's all a big fat joke. When the NRA takes a non compromising stance, I'll rejoin, as will others as I suspect.
4. The house and senate care more about re election than anything. Sure the NRA has some pull, but the constituents are where the proverbial rubber meets the road, Bub.....

I'll follow this ^ with: 5. Where was the NRA after NY passed the safe act?

Last edited by Jim H; 03/16/18 12:25 AM.
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6188996
03/16/18 12:30 AM
03/16/18 12:30 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I wouldn't join any organization that would have me.

Thank you, Groucho.

Jim

Last edited by James; 03/16/18 12:30 AM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189117
03/16/18 07:44 AM
03/16/18 07:44 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
You detractors just keep hammering away with your mantra of compromise while completely ignoring the huge amount of good the NRA has done for the shooting sports and gun owners in defense of 2A.

The amount of bad they have done is infinitesimal compared to the huge amount of positive accomplishments they have achieved. But you all just turn a blind eye to that and continue with the same tired, old rhetoric.

And when ask over and over again where you think we would be the best you can come up with is, "maybe the government would have been reset by now." Really? Without the NRA the people would have revolted and overthrown the government by now?

Earth to detractors; this is reality calling, move toward the sound of my voice.

In reality, there might be very little left of 2A. Yeah, even less than there already is (for you Debby Downers).

Draconian gun laws, Chicago and England style, would be the rule of the land. The right to self-defense would have been legislated out of existence long ago.

Eh...wot?

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189141
03/16/18 08:16 AM
03/16/18 08:16 AM
New York
J
Jim H Offline
trapper
Jim H  Offline
trapper
J

New York
Lugnut, I'm not a detractor at all. I was ready with checkbook open when the safe act passed, NRA was silent. I have thought of joining several time since but cannot get past their silence in NY.

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: Jim H] #6189151
03/16/18 08:28 AM
03/16/18 08:28 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I wasn't referring to you specifically Jim.

The NRA did fight the Safe Act and many more anti-gun laws in NY. They brought two lawsuits and lost both.

Here's a link from 2015:

NRA-ILA New York: Fight Continues Against SAFE Act and Dozens of Other Anti-Gun Bills

Eh...wot?

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189188
03/16/18 09:11 AM
03/16/18 09:11 AM
New York
J
Jim H Offline
trapper
Jim H  Offline
trapper
J

New York
I know about those, but they had nothing to do with the 7 round limit in a 10 round mag. What they did do, had very little impact on most NY gun owners that I know. I guess I'm just very disappointed in the lack of fight they put up here. Trust me, if I hear of them renewing their efforts here, I'll be a member before the end of the day they make the announcement.

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189195
03/16/18 09:18 AM
03/16/18 09:18 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Earth to lugnut, we still have firearms because people will not give them up. No one wants a civil war. Most of the people who refuse to be disarmed are not nra members. They are not nra members because they dont like gun control or groups who suport it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189202
03/16/18 09:24 AM
03/16/18 09:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Unlike charleton hesston who campaigned for gun control in 68, many people are serious about cold dead hands.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189231
03/16/18 09:42 AM
03/16/18 09:42 AM
S/W Wisconsin
rpmartin Offline
trapper
rpmartin  Offline
trapper

S/W Wisconsin
In my opinion there are 4 main reasons gun owners do not choose to be a NRA member. Crats don't like who the NRA endorses for political office. Come up with every sorry excuse under the sun. They are just flat out lazy. They are tighter than bark on a tree
Maybe not in that order.

Feel free to add more

Life member,

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189235
03/16/18 09:46 AM
03/16/18 09:46 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I came to the conclusion some people just don't have a grasp on reality.

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: danny clifton] #6189236
03/16/18 09:47 AM
03/16/18 09:47 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
Earth to lugnut, we still have firearms because people will not give them up. No one wants a civil war. Most of the people who refuse to be disarmed are not nra members. They are not nra members because they dont like gun control or groups who suport it.

Earth to Danny; people have been giving them up little by little for a hundred years.

Eh...wot?

Re: Companies no longer supporting the NRA [Re: corky] #6189322
03/16/18 10:47 AM
03/16/18 10:47 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its about time you saw the light lugnut

Page 34 of 35 1 2 32 33 34 35
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread