No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: coalminer] #6178496
03/05/18 01:22 PM
03/05/18 01:22 PM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Firearms acclimation and training should be mandatory in school from age 12 on, If you ask me. It should be a prerequisite to the eventual military service some youth will experience. If we had that going on in schools, there might lie the nessessary armed presence to keep our kids safe within the instructors themselves .

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: coalminer] #6178501
03/05/18 01:29 PM
03/05/18 01:29 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The guy that owns the nutrition store I go to also goes to my gym so I have talked to him a bit about different things..

The conversation turns to guns....winds up he carries a Glock compact 9mm. Lifts his shirt and he is appendix carrying this Glock with no holster....chamber empty.

Well, maybe the chamber is empty.....but who knows for sure?

laugh

Someone like that is someone who may very well wind up arming an unarmed attacker...

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: Marty] #6178520
03/05/18 01:52 PM
03/05/18 01:52 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
very sad so many think they need no practice or training , my neighbor was at the range with a friend of his , nice guy about 25, wife and 2 little kids , he even practiced , but didn't really practice right he had a new to him Ruger 345. wanted to borrow my screw driver set to adjust the sights , I asked him which way he was moving them, I ended up helping him asked if I could try dry firing it a few times I did that got the feel for the trigger then with a a target at 25 feet I asked if I could try a few and see were it grouped , I put 3 rounds in the center of the black of a fresh target , so then he know it was him we spent a few minutes working on his grip and trigger control with dry firing , it got him his group size down considerably and if he wasn't on the middle of the target he knew it was him and he needed to slow down and concentrate on grip , sight alignment and trigger squeeze.

I think part of it is their expectation of what the gun can do and what they feel is "good enough"

they think dinner plate at 20 feet slow fire is good they have no idea that most pistols can do that at 50 yards some at 100 it just takes the right training behind the grip

Originally Posted By: Marty
Most of the 'new' gun owners that I come across think that once they make their purchase they are now good to go.

That is especially true for the new handgun owners/carriers. If you offer to take some time out of your day to give them some training they look at you like your nuts...they really think that training is not necessary at all.

Its a sad situation....

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: Marty] #6178608
03/05/18 03:53 PM
03/05/18 03:53 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted By: Marty
5. Everyone American minuteman should have a good battle rifle at the ready in case they should be called to come to the defense of their state and nation.

In my own native state of Massachusetts, the battle for American freedom was begun by the thousands of farmers and tradesmen who made up the Minute Men -- citizens who were ready to defend their liberty at a moment's notice. Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

--John F. Kennedy.

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: coalminer] #6178611
03/05/18 03:58 PM
03/05/18 03:58 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
The one's saying we don't need our guns are the ones that will curl up and cry if the fight ever comes to them and they will point the finger at others to save their own hides. We might have a ammo shortage now and then but there will be a rope shortage maybe some day too! LOL laugh

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: coalminer] #6178631
03/05/18 04:33 PM
03/05/18 04:33 PM
Wright county, Minnesota
Birch Tree Offline
trapper
Birch Tree  Offline
trapper

Wright county, Minnesota
The gun grabbers have no inclination of themselves being the ones to come for the guns, they will have no problem making good honest cops/soldiers do their dirty work and die in the process. It is sickening how these people think, they are 100 times worse than what they call a president who sends troops into war.

If it ever did get to an open civil war, it should be over pretty quick with the lack of spine the antis have, once a few hundred of them are lying in the street in their own p*** and s*** the rest will act like French citizens!

Mark Skokan, Buffalo MN.

MTA and NTA Member.
Re: AR 15 sales? [Re: Law Dog] #6178706
03/05/18 06:42 PM
03/05/18 06:42 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted By: Law Dog
The one's saying we don't need our guns are the ones that will curl up and cry if the fight ever comes to them and they will point the finger at others to save their own hides. We might have a ammo shortage now and then but there will be a rope shortage maybe some day too! LOL laugh

I'd say bring back the Guillotine. It's amazing how history tends to repeat itself given enough time.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread