ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Topic Options
Hop to:
#6185143 - 03/12/18 09:40 AM Live Trap for beaver?
wormbobskey Offline
trapper

Loc: Chauncey, Ohio
Anyone know where I could find some plans for a good homemade live beaver trap? Can't afford to buy one and have made quit a few of my own cage traps over the years.

#6185152 - 03/12/18 09:48 AM Re: Live Trap for beaver? [Re: wormbobskey]
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper

Loc: Louisiana
There’s a “Colony Trap for Beavers” thread that might be helpful if you can find it

Don’t Tread On Me!

#6185248 - 03/12/18 11:34 AM Re: Live Trap for beaver? [Re: wormbobskey]
LAtrapper Offline

"Professor"

Loc: Lower Alabama (Daleville)

Ron Fry

#6185804 - 03/12/18 09:34 PM Re: Live Trap for beaver? [Re: wormbobskey]
BillyTraps Offline
trapper

Loc: eastern washington

#6186165 - 03/13/18 08:22 AM Re: Live Trap for beaver? [Re: wormbobskey]
Kirk De Offline
trapper

Loc: Georgia
When building the cage think about how the trap is to be set and the restrictions on trap design your trigger will need to work the best. For instance when a beaver is crawling the beaver will walk with is front feet and back feet. He may hesitate in the trap raise up smell lure inside, turn around on his back feet and walk out never firing the pan. Pan placement, or wire trigger placement, water depth and whether he is swimming into the trap makes a big difference. The width and height of the door, even what type of door limits the type of set you may want or need.

#6190543 - 03/17/18 04:22 PM Re: Live Trap for beaver? [Re: wormbobskey]
wormbobskey Offline
trapper

Loc: Chauncey, Ohio
Thanks a lot for the information. I like the spring loaded double door system.