No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who helped you out the most? [Re: bic] #6189603
03/16/18 04:37 PM
03/16/18 04:37 PM
ohio
T
tomahawker Offline
trapper
tomahawker  Offline
trapper
T

ohio
My Dad had us hunting and trapping very young. First memory is getting is getting yelled at for knocking his hat down in his face.. I got tuckered and was ridin home on his shoulders. Good times

Re: Who helped you out the most? [Re: bic] #6189611
03/16/18 04:50 PM
03/16/18 04:50 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
A high school friend named Roger and a trapper named Tom. Roger got me started trapping rats and Tom gave me fox trapping advice when I met him on a property we both had permission to trap. It was my first year trapping fox and he let me have that farm to myself.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Who helped you out the most? [Re: bic] #6189623
03/16/18 05:02 PM
03/16/18 05:02 PM
Wyoming
H
Hobbs Offline
trapper
Hobbs  Offline
trapper
H

Wyoming
I've always thought trapping would be something that I would want to get into, the thought of out smarting a critter and convincing them to step on a Copenhagen sized spot was something that really appealed to me. I never tried it when I was younger because I didn't have anyone to show me the ropes. So 2016 I finally decided to heck with it and I bought my self a half dozen traps and watched some videos and gave it a whirl. I caught a badger and a skunk and was hooked. I have since acquired a "few" more traps and a few more "lessons learned" but still think that this is something that I was born to do. Still wish I had had someone to show me some tricks, but ill figure this out one way or another.

It's a trappers life for me
Re: Who helped you out the most? [Re: bic] #6189657
03/16/18 05:46 PM
03/16/18 05:46 PM
N.J.
PineDoggin Offline
trapper
PineDoggin  Offline
trapper

N.J.
I guess you can call me a YouTube trapper. I've played with box traps since I was a kid,but not until the last couple years have I turned a full out Crackhead trapper.Big Thanks to Stu from CoonCreek for fur handling has a Great Channel. And Big thanks to 330 MaNiaC on Beaver Trapping. Snaring was more less a learn as I go.

Re: Who helped you out the most? [Re: bic] #6189664
03/16/18 05:55 PM
03/16/18 05:55 PM
KS
T
TurTLe Offline
trapper
TurTLe  Offline
trapper
T

KS
A guy named Chet Kelly got me started. Jim Kidd taught me about putting up fur. Jim Eyer taught me more than I could ever repay. I learned more about coyotes in 3 days with Slim Pedersen than I did in all the years prior. Bernie Barringer's Farmland Trapping book really propelled my learning curve when I moved to Kansas. I read the covers off that book. I learned tons talking on the phone and at conventions with JC Conner. I still fondly remember my visit to his house. There are hundreds of others I've picked up knowledge from throughout the years.

Lifetime Member of the NTA, FTA, Kansas Furharvesters,and the Arizona Trappers Association.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread