No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products



Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6186988 - 03/13/18 10:16 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
Huntall76 Offline
trapper

Registered: 03/07/18
Posts: 258
Loc: Indiana
Maybe bolt cutters.

Top
#6186997 - 03/13/18 10:26 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
SNIPERBBB Online   happy
trapper

Registered: 12/26/06
Posts: 8191
Loc: Rodney,Ohio
I looked that up in the codes and it looks like it could be just about anything used during the commission of a crime. Doesnt state a list like: bolt cutters, lockpicks, knives, crowbars, etc.

Top
#6187015 - 03/13/18 10:53 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Woodsloafer72]
Trapper Kyle Offline
trapper

Registered: 10/09/13
Posts: 228
Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: Woodsloafer72
What are "criminal tools?"


It seems anything used to commit the crime. Thatís what I gathered anyway
_________________________
Member NTA,ISTA, FTA

Top
#6187019 - 03/13/18 10:56 PM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
Marty Offline
trapper

Registered: 01/13/14
Posts: 10427
Loc: North East Kansas
Could be game cams on private that your trespassing on. Bolt cutters for locked gates.
_________________________
"pressure makes diamonds"

Top
#6187145 - 03/14/18 07:06 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Marty]
Dfabs Offline
trapper

Registered: 02/12/15
Posts: 1812
Loc: Morgantown, WV
This is very disappointing, and not good exposure for the trapping community. Looks like a couple charges are felonies. That might not stop him from trapping, but will take away his right to possess a firearm to hunt or trap with.

Top
#6193353 - 03/20/18 09:12 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
SULLDOG Offline
"Blue Sword Swallower"

Registered: 03/03/11
Posts: 420
Loc: pennsylvania
So from 2006 to 2017 authorities are just sitting back gathering incidents? Not addressing each individual violation? That seems very personal to me! My guess is some jealous snitch brought all this on. Yeah, hey , let's target a hard working farther,husband,hunter and trapper and put him in prison! Garbage!!!

In pa your rules and regulations book issued to you cover about 5% of game laws, the other 95% is up to you to learn. So almost everyone commits violations and more then half are ignorant to said violation.

I like this one "up to officers discretion " unbelievable.

Turn in a poacher? What's that tell you? That means they operate on word of mouth and haters snitch in on people....meanwhile THE LAND OWNERS BREAK THE MOST LAWS!!!

I hunted and trapped PA from 1983 to 2015, I've not received 1 ticket, came close but was let go buy wardens decision. I love hunting and trapping, but just being honest I don't like many hunters and trappers! It's one big competition of egos, greed and jealousy.

I've not purchased a license in this state for 2 years I believe and I don't see it in my near future because I believe it's the hunters and trappers who are being hunted and trapped! ALONG WITH THE HELP OF OTHER HUNTERS AND TRAPPERS!!! PATHETIC!

God bless Robby Gilbert and his family. I wish him the very best of luck.

Top
#6193359 - 03/20/18 09:19 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
330-Trapper Offline



Registered: 12/31/06
Posts: 20341
Loc: Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Trapper Kyle
Things happen but this seems to be a bit more then accidental
Exactly
_________________________
NRA and NTA Life Member






Top
#6193376 - 03/20/18 09:36 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
BBarnes Offline
trapper

Registered: 02/21/18
Posts: 475
Loc: Norborne MO
Sad deal for sure.
Unfortunately sometimes it takes a while to build a case when your trying to get all that are involved. It doesn't happen in 30 minutes like on TV. Reality is that sometimes good people get involved with others who have bad intentions and I hope this is the case. Not saying that he's guilty and I hope it works out for him.

He's not the only TV show sportsmen that had a run in with Law Enforcement.

B

Top
#6193379 - 03/20/18 09:39 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Ave]
mjh Offline
trapper

Registered: 12/18/12
Posts: 693
Loc: michigan
Originally Posted By: Ave
That&#146;s very disappointing. I&#146;ve met and talked with Robby at multiple conventions. Will this have any affect on the show? Thanks


should be cancelled asap

Top
#6193385 - 03/20/18 09:48 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: SULLDOG]
bass10 Offline
trapper

Registered: 03/17/09
Posts: 621
Loc: Akron, Ohio
Originally Posted By: SULLDOG
So from 2006 to 2017 authorities are just sitting back gathering incidents? Not addressing each individual violation? That seems very personal to me! My guess is some jealous snitch brought all this on. Yeah, hey , let's target a hard working farther,husband,hunter and trapper and put him in prison! Garbage!!!

In pa your rules and regulations book issued to you cover about 5% of game laws, the other 95% is up to you to learn. So almost everyone commits violations and more then half are ignorant to said violation.

I like this one "up to officers discretion " unbelievable.

Turn in a poacher? What's that tell you? That means they operate on word of mouth and haters snitch in on people....meanwhile THE LAND OWNERS BREAK THE MOST LAWS!!!

I hunted and trapped PA from 1983 to 2015, I've not received 1 ticket, came close but was let go buy wardens decision. I love hunting and trapping, but just being honest I don't like many hunters and trappers! It's one big competition of egos, greed and jealousy.

I've not purchased a license in this state for 2 years I believe and I don't see it in my near future because I believe it's the hunters and trappers who are being hunted and trapped! ALONG WITH THE HELP OF OTHER HUNTERS AND TRAPPERS!!! PATHETIC!

God bless Robby Gilbert and his family. I wish him the very best of luck.


All I can say is WOW to this logic, issues that I certainly can't fix!
_________________________
"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"

Top
#6193413 - 03/20/18 10:15 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Dfabs]
SULLDOG Offline
"Blue Sword Swallower"

Registered: 03/03/11
Posts: 420
Loc: pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Dfabs
This is very disappointing, and not good exposure for the trapping community. Looks like a couple charges are felonies. That might not stop him from trapping, but will take away his right to possess a firearm to hunt or trap with.



Ive known Robby for a long time and I watched him help and instruct many trappers, I'm not saying that makes him perfect, I'm saying I'll believe it when he out right admits to it. And as for being a theif? That's hog scrap! In company of wrong doers, maybe, idk, wasn't there! But I'm not lynching the guy

Top
#6193425 - 03/20/18 10:22 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
BBarnes Offline
trapper

Registered: 02/21/18
Posts: 475
Loc: Norborne MO
"I hunted and trapped PA from 1983 to 2015, I've not received 1 ticket, came close but was let go buy wardens decision. I love hunting and trapping, but just being honest I don't like many hunters and trappers! It's one big competition of egos, greed and jealousy.

I've not purchased a license in this state for 2 years I believe and I don't see it in my near future because I believe it's the hunters and trappers who are being hunted and trapped! ALONG WITH THE HELP OF OTHER HUNTERS AND TRAPPERS!!! PATHETIC!"

I thought that this part was the most interesting. "Logic" don't really see any. I would hate to stop hunting, trapping because of this reasoning. I enjoy the outdoors to much. If you "Don't like many hunters or trappers" why are you here? With your logic I wouldn't associate with any of us.

B

Top
#6193428 - 03/20/18 10:24 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
scalloper Offline
trapper

Registered: 10/17/09
Posts: 835
Loc: All over Maine
All this effort and still no charges on Hillary
_________________________
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness

Top
#6193441 - 03/20/18 10:32 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
yotecope Offline
trapper

Registered: 12/27/15
Posts: 252
Loc: ohio USA
Poaching is stealing in this state. if you take an animal and don't report it to the state that is stealing .. just going out on a limb here in saying that they found some untagged critters on there property
_________________________
You gonna learn taday.....

Top
#6193458 - 03/20/18 10:44 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
cmcf Offline
trapper

Registered: 10/25/15
Posts: 1460
Loc: Wyoming
I remember when GWs and feds
busted a huge poaching ring.
Involved were outfitters and guides and "clients" from several states. Hundreds of game animals. These sports were operating on the Dinosaur National Monument. Took a few years but they got them. And another sport that had his own show based on the number of big white tails he had "harvested". Turned out he was spotlighting with a crossbow!
When money enters the equation no telling what you will dredge up.

Top
#6193467 - 03/20/18 10:50 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: SULLDOG]
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper

Registered: 04/04/09
Posts: 4385
Loc: SE Georgia
Originally Posted By: SULLDOG
So from 2006 to 2017 authorities are just sitting back gathering incidents? Not addressing each individual violation? That seems very personal to me! My guess is some jealous snitch brought all this on. Yeah, hey , let's target a hard working farther,husband,hunter and trapper and put him in prison! Garbage!!!

In pa your rules and regulations book issued to you cover about 5% of game laws, the other 95% is up to you to learn. So almost everyone commits violations and more then half are ignorant to said violation.

I like this one "up to officers discretion " unbelievable.

Turn in a poacher? What's that tell you? That means they operate on word of mouth and haters snitch in on people....meanwhile THE LAND OWNERS BREAK THE MOST LAWS!!!

I hunted and trapped PA from 1983 to 2015, I've not received 1 ticket, came close but was let go buy wardens decision. I love hunting and trapping, but just being honest I don't like many hunters and trappers! It's one big competition of egos, greed and jealousy.

I've not purchased a license in this state for 2 years I believe and I don't see it in my near future because I believe it's the hunters and trappers who are being hunted and trapped! ALONG WITH THE HELP OF OTHER HUNTERS AND TRAPPERS!!! PATHETIC!

God bless Robby Gilbert and his family. I wish him the very best of luck.


Appears to be an investigation that involved several years.

Game wardens depend on the public for information. Thank goodness there are concerned sportsmen out there that are willing to help for the sake of our wildlife.

You may want to purchase a license if you hunt, fish or trap in Pa or we may be reading about you next.

Your post reads like you know exactly what Robby was up to...
_________________________
Thank God For Your Blessings!


Top
#6193475 - 03/20/18 10:52 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: scalloper]
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper

Registered: 04/04/09
Posts: 4385
Loc: SE Georgia
Originally Posted By: scalloper
All this effort and still no charges on Hillary


I didn't know Hitlery violated a wildlife law...lol
_________________________
Thank God For Your Blessings!


Top
#6193497 - 03/20/18 11:02 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: BBarnes]
SULLDOG Offline
"Blue Sword Swallower"

Registered: 03/03/11
Posts: 420
Loc: pennsylvania

I thought that this part was the most interesting. "Logic" don't really see any. I would hate to stop hunting, trapping because of this reasoning. I enjoy the outdoors to much. If you "Don't like many hunters or trappers" why are you here? With your logic I wouldn't associate with any of us.

B[/quote]

Im here to give my opinion on someone who I believe is being drug into something he doesn't deserve and or didn't commit. That's it! I didn't come here to ask you for a lynch mob application.

Top
#6193501 - 03/20/18 11:06 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: Trapper Kyle]
BBarnes Offline
trapper

Registered: 02/21/18
Posts: 475
Loc: Norborne MO
Im here to give my opinion on someone who I believe is being drug into something he doesn't deserve and or didn't commit. That's it! I didn't come here to ask you for a lynch mob application.

Well if you have more information then by all means fill in the blanks for us!!!!!

No application needed.


B

Top
#6193512 - 03/20/18 11:10 AM Re: What is wrong with people? [Re: coalminer7755]
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper

Registered: 04/04/09
Posts: 4385
Loc: SE Georgia
Originally Posted By: coalminer7755
I've known Robby since grade school and after what he's done to people around this area, one word Karma.


This guy seems to know him too.
_________________________
Thank God For Your Blessings!


Top
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >