No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
. #6186774
03/13/18 08:04 PM
03/13/18 08:04 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6186775
03/13/18 08:07 PM
03/13/18 08:07 PM
Wisconsin
V
virgil1972 Offline
trapper
virgil1972  Offline
trapper
V

Wisconsin
I have always had good experiences with snare shop.

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6186787
03/13/18 08:19 PM
03/13/18 08:19 PM
NJ
H
Hunter4623* Offline
trapper
Hunter4623*  Offline
trapper
H

NJ
Minnesota Trapline quickly sent out a new beaver pattern board (which arrived today) after the gorillas from UPS broke the one I purchased. Great customer service and I’ll continue to order from them.

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6186799
03/13/18 08:28 PM
03/13/18 08:28 PM
Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
E
eastwood44mag Offline
trapper
eastwood44mag  Offline
trapper
E

Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
I’ve had two experiences lately that the suppliers deserve recognition for.

First of all, I ordered a bunch of wolf fangs, cable, locks, etc from the snare shop. I received an empty box! That’s right, USPS delivered an empty box. Apparently, it busted open somewhere along the line, and they decided that delivering it anyway was the best decision. Sticker on front said it was open and empty. I called snare shop, and they reshipped it immediately. They took care of the claim filing part.

THANK YOU

Secondly, I needed some death diamond locks, and PCS was the only supplier that had them in stock that I found. I placed my first order with PCS. There was a mix up and let me tell you, John Chagnon is a top notch guy. He called me personally, and he did way more than I would have ever expected him to in order to make it right. I won’t hesitate one second to place an order through PCS. Hands down best customer service I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve ordered from a lot.

Thank you John and PCS!

Isn't John the one making Lenon's lures now?

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: eastwood44mag] #6186838
03/13/18 09:08 PM
03/13/18 09:08 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted By: eastwood44mag

First of all, I ordered a bunch of wolf fangs, cable, locks, etc from the snare shop. I received an empty box! That’s right, USPS delivered an empty box. Apparently, it busted open somewhere along the line, and they decided that delivering it anyway was the best decision. Sticker on front said it was open and empty. I called snare shop, and they reshipped it immediately. They took care of the claim filing part.

THANK YOU

Yes he is.

Secondly, I needed some death diamond locks, and PCS was the only supplier that had them in stock that I found. I placed my first order with PCS. There was a mix up and let me tell you, John Chagnon is a top notch guy. He called me personally, and he did way more than I would have ever expected him to in order to make it right. I won’t hesitate one second to place an order through PCS. Hands down best customer service I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve ordered from a lot.

Thank you John and PCS!

Isn't John the one making Lenon's lures now?

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6186839
03/13/18 09:10 PM
03/13/18 09:10 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Oops^^^

Yes he is making Lenon’s lures now.

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6186853
03/13/18 09:18 PM
03/13/18 09:18 PM
South Central PA
oneoldboot Offline
trapper
oneoldboot  Offline
trapper

South Central PA
Leakway's Trapping is a local shop and they are A+ to work with. I wish more businesses had commitment and follow through like them.

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6186953
03/13/18 10:39 PM
03/13/18 10:39 PM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
PCS has outstanding customer service & response, but I needed the Lure not great help afterwards. I ordered 4oz of the green Beaver Lure. It arrived at my daughters in Alabama smasmed, shipped in one wrap of newspaper in a cushioned usps burble envelope. I took pictures and sent them off to pcs, they were very fast and sent the green Beaver Lure to my home in Tn. Susan & I have always made fun of how much paper F&T wraps their product in. No more. F&T, fast & careful. John?

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6187161
03/14/18 08:33 AM
03/14/18 08:33 AM
Oscoda, Michigan
J
John-Chagnon Offline
trapper
John-Chagnon  Offline
trapper
J

Oscoda, Michigan
Hi harleyparts,

Thank you for your feedback always appreciated so we can provide better service in the future.

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6187228
03/14/18 09:35 AM
03/14/18 09:35 AM
N.J.
PineDoggin Offline
trapper
PineDoggin  Offline
trapper

N.J.
I've had Great service from all and I am always amazed how fast I receive my order. And I'm glad they each sell something a little different that way I can split my orders between them and not have to be content with just one business.

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6187372
03/14/18 12:13 PM
03/14/18 12:13 PM
MISSOURI,Laclede Co
F
farmnhunt Offline
trapper
farmnhunt  Offline
trapper
F

MISSOURI,Laclede Co
Minn. Trap Supply and F&T are always good. Minn. is usually great. Ordered once from Fleming. I didn't receive all of my order. So I emailed twice, no response. Called, Response" Oh its probably back ordered we'll get it out." Finally received almost a month after order and now my postman hates me. The lid was not secure on a bottle of all call and 1/8 leaked out.

Dobbins is good also. smile

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6187384
03/14/18 12:37 PM
03/14/18 12:37 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana
Quote:
Dobbins is good also

Heck yeah, I ordered some lure supplies, and he threw in a bottle of cherry red fox lure. Pleasure doing business with Paul

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: harleydparts] #6187493
03/14/18 02:21 PM
03/14/18 02:21 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted By: harleydparts
PCS has outstanding customer service & response, but I needed the Lure not great help afterwards. I ordered 4oz of the green Beaver Lure. It arrived at my daughters in Alabama smasmed, shipped in one wrap of newspaper in a cushioned usps burble envelope. I took pictures and sent them off to pcs, they were very fast and sent the green Beaver Lure to my home in Tn. Susan & I have always made fun of how much paper F&T wraps their product in. No more. F&T, fast & careful. John?

Problems happen with every company, trapping supply or not. IMO its what happens after the problem that shows their true colors. Sounds like PCS took care of this pretty quick and satisfactory. Some companies may have had you wait for a damage claim with the USPS. USPS claim service, now there's service! LOL, NOT!

Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6187512
03/14/18 02:39 PM
03/14/18 02:39 PM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
+1 to both

FNT and MTP are excellent too in my experience.

THANK YOU

Thank you John and PCS!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: Trap Suppliers Going Above and Beyond [Re: Aix sponsa] #6187557
03/14/18 03:43 PM
03/14/18 03:43 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline OP
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline OP
trapper

Louisiana
I’ve ordered from quite a few, probably 8 or 10 suppliers. Almost all of them have been great, smooth transactions. Some of them have been stellar. That list would also include FnT. From what I’ve heard, MTP would be too. I just don’t know if I’ve ordered from them yet, but it’s possible.

What I think need to do is write down the things that I need and place a large order and be done with it. As it is now, I’ve always ordered what I needed. If I would order what I WILL need, I could save a lot of money on shipping and some on volume discount. It would also make it a lot easier to keep up with expenses, compared to all the receipts that come from buying things as I need them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread