No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6186922
03/13/18 10:09 PM
03/13/18 10:09 PM
Pillager, Minnesota
P
patfundine Offline
trapper
patfundine  Offline
trapper
P

Pillager, Minnesota
I have just a minor problem.... I could put six guys to work with all the tools I have.

Last summer my wife was working on something in the garage and needed a tool. Without thinking I pointed her to a drawer where I have several extra wrench sets (just in case). This lead to me counting wrench sets out of curiosity. I realized I had at least 42 sets of wrenches. I may have a problem.

I find stuff all the time that I forgot I had. My most useless tool box drawer is full of specialty tools for foreign cars that I've never used and will never use.

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6187028
03/14/18 12:15 AM
03/14/18 12:15 AM
eastern shore of Maryland
gwc Offline
trapper
gwc  Offline
trapper

Not saying theyre the best brand out there,or that theyre not.But i collect Dewalt tools.Still using the Dewalt miter saw my dad bought alittle over 20 years ago.Every year for my anniversary,i get dewalt stuff too.Just recently bought the Dewalt plunge router set.Still in the box, never used but i have it when i need it.I do side carpentry jobs occasionally so all the tools gave already paid for themselves.

Last edited by gwc; 03/14/18 12:17 AM.

Garey's Window Cleaning

New or Used MB 450s Wanted,PM me

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6187083
03/14/18 05:56 AM
03/14/18 05:56 AM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
I too have a drawer of specialty tools. Any time I do a repair that requires a tool I buy it. I still save money over hiring a mechanic. I also have more wood working tools than I can remember. I use a lot of them daily for work but again I have a lot of specialty tools that I may only use once every couple years but they pay for themselves on the first job... I live my tools. I also have so many trapping tools that storage is a small problem. Lol

Wish I had more time to trap....
Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: gwc] #6187099
03/14/18 06:15 AM
03/14/18 06:15 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted By: gwc
Not saying theyre the best brand out there,or that theyre not.But i collect Dewalt tools.Still using the Dewalt miter saw my dad bought alittle over 20 years ago.Every year for my anniversary,i get dewalt stuff too.Just recently bought the Dewalt plunge router set.Still in the box, never used but i have it when i need it.I do side carpentry jobs occasionally so all the tools gave already paid for themselves.

How does the quality of their new stuff compare to their older tools?

Eh...wot?

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Lugnut] #6187188
03/14/18 08:55 AM
03/14/18 08:55 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: Lugnut

I have a lot of Dewalt stuff. It's not bad for the price. The thing to remember is that no one makes things the way they used to. For a home shop, in general their stuff it's pretty good but I wouldn't use it for any type of production or other abuse. I pick and choose depending on the tool. I like Dewalt saws. For routers, I prefer Porter Cable. I also own a few Bosch tools, they make nice circular saws. It all depends.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6187194
03/14/18 08:59 AM
03/14/18 08:59 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
my problem is a 2 car garage,3 car garage/workshop,big pole barn,small,pole barn,and 3 other outbuildings and i still keep running outta room.

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Lugnut] #6187275
03/14/18 10:21 AM
03/14/18 10:21 AM
gwc Offline
trapper
gwc  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Lugnut

Iv been happy with the quality.My cordless drill batteries are even going strong after 2 or 3 years.I have a porter cable table saw thats been good but when it quits ill probably replace with a dewalt one.I used to do Construction for a living and used some dewalt then too.I think theyd hold up well for every day use.But like i said there may be better brands i just havent tried them.I really like dewalt and stick with what works for me.

Garey's Window Cleaning

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: gwc] #6187358
03/14/18 11:53 AM
03/14/18 11:53 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Online content
trapper
Lugnut  Online Content
trapper
L

SEPA
Yeah, same here. I have their job-site table saw, miter saw and bench top planer. All are older models. I have two of their circular saws that have absolutely taken a daily beating over the last 15-20 years. One of them quit two years ago when I was using it to cut grooves in a concrete sluiceway I had just rebuilt (I forgot to form grooves for the bolts on the back of the flood gate) and water ran over the top of the coffer dam we had built and drowned my saw.

I don't fault DeWalt for that.

Eh...wot?

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6187506
03/14/18 02:35 PM
03/14/18 02:35 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
All the good tools are at the work place, a 2nd set is required for around the house and vehicles, and a 3rd set for down on the farm! LOL

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6187528
03/14/18 03:06 PM
03/14/18 03:06 PM

C
CGilliam
Unregistered
CGilliam
Unregistered
C

I was just out playing with my newest tool, the DeWalt 60v String Timmer. So much better than gas powered. smile

Re: Anyone else have an addiction to tools? [Re: Finster] #6187546
03/14/18 03:29 PM
03/14/18 03:29 PM
gwc Offline
trapper
gwc  Offline
trapper

Hadnt even heard of a dewalt string trimmer.Thats pretty cool.

Garey's Window Cleaning

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread