No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Banking reform bill [Re: pass-thru] #6187196
03/14/18 09:03 AM
03/14/18 09:03 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted By: pass-thru
Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
What does bundling have to do with defaulting, either pay it back or you don't.

Bundling and selling. If the person approving the loan suffers no consequence when the loan defaults, then he has no reason to be judicious in approving the loan.

It is for this very reason that the housing bubble demonstrated what happens when the invisible hand is removed from capitalism.

On the other hand.........when the loan originator knows he WILL suffer a consequence via government prosecution if he DOESN'T make the loan ...it removes any incentive for him to be judicious in assessing the borrower's ability to pay. That was exactly the situation under the Community Reinvestment Act.

At the same time, I agree that moral hazard, in the form of public bailouts, needs to be eliminated.

Mean As Nails
Re: Banking reform bill [Re: yotetrapper30] #6187278
03/14/18 10:24 AM
03/14/18 10:24 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
The big banks had no gaurantee when they were bundling loans that the Gov. would bale them out. And the small banks had few options to refuse those same loans.

Re: Banking reform bill [Re: Steven 49er] #6187362
03/14/18 12:01 PM
03/14/18 12:01 PM
West coast of Iowa
I
iaduckhntr Offline
trapper
iaduckhntr  Offline
trapper
I

West coast of Iowa
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er
I say repeal it and do away do away with taxpayer bail outs

As I understand it now, no more bail outs. Now its a bail in, close all banks & take 10-20-30% of every one $$$$ to make the banks solvent, like they did in Egypt & Greece.
Dennis

Old 8 toes~~ life ITA and NRA member
Life in the fast lane is no place for a tricycle!
Re: Banking reform bill [Re: iaduckhntr] #6187390
03/14/18 12:42 PM
03/14/18 12:42 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted By: iaduckhntr
Originally Posted By: Steven 49er
I say repeal it and do away do away with taxpayer bail outs

As I understand it now, no more bail outs. Now its a bail in, close all banks & take 10-20-30% of every one $$$$ to make the banks solvent, like they did in Egypt & Greece.
Dennis

Why would you confiscate private assets from a healthy bank in order to prop up a failing institution that made bad decisions ?

Mean As Nails
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread