No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Questions about Home defense shotgun. [Re: T-Rex] #6190918
03/18/18 12:01 AM
03/18/18 12:01 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: T-Rex
Nope. Didn't bother with you video.

Did you read my post? .45 ACP or 45 LC can be mixed with .410. I'm not sure where you got the idea that #6 shot was a good idea with the .410. And, you have no idea of what velocity I may be loading them at. Six shots from the Governor will put my mind to rest. How will your stylish clothing stand up to say:
  • (3) rounds of .410 buck, each with (4) balls
  • (3) shots of either .45 ACP or .45LC.
There may be a miss or two. But, I sure wouldn't want to be downrange.

I honestly don't know what the spread might be out of a handgun. I do know my 12 ga buck out of an 18" barrel spreads to the size of a softball at home defense range. There is a lot of energy if you know how to harvest it.

yes but I am telling you because it has a rifled barrel to keep it from being a AOW that it spins the shot out , and has a stupid short barrel you need to pattern it isn't like your smooth bore 18 inch barrel at all.

you should expect 700-900fps and a spread of a foot at 3 yards , 2 feet at 5 yards and 3 feet at 7 yards really watch that video it is eye opening he goes through 7 1/2 , 6 , 4 , buck , and even federals just for the 410 handgun market personal defense load.

if your using shot or buck and there is anyone near your target or behind it you could very well hit them with stray shot or buck

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Questions about Home defense shotgun. [Re: bhugo] #6191250
03/18/18 11:04 AM
03/18/18 11:04 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Thanks for the info, but:

I still like the Governor for some of the same reasons. The M625 is a great gun in it's own rite, but, I have plenty of dedicated .45 ACP's. There is no way I could justify near a grand just to have a wheel gun with one single purpose.

The Governor is a lot more flexible with the ability to fire .410. In a lot of applications less penetration is a good thing. Mix that with a hard hitting back-up ACP and you have a real tool. Like any tool you have to understand what it will do, and what it won't

While too big for a carry gun I would probably find it useful out back doing chores. I haven't committed yet; but,I think I am sold.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Questions about Home defense shotgun. [Re: bhugo] #6191363
03/18/18 01:15 PM
03/18/18 01:15 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
it has some added flexibility and as long as you understand what I think so few do is that shot shells meant for an 18 inch or longer smooth and or smooth and choked barrel are very very different from a short rifled barrel.

if I lived in snake country I might even have one but as a personal defense gun against 2 legged predators using shot shells I fear someone will think it is more effective than it actually is.

as one more option in a collection of options it can fill a niche.

I just wanted to be sure you and others here understood it's limitations

I think to many times it is sold as a lot more than what it really is.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Questions about Home defense shotgun. [Re: bhugo] #6194105
03/20/18 09:08 PM
03/20/18 09:08 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline OP
trapper
bhugo  Offline OP
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Well I bought (ordered) a Remington express 870 20 gauge tactical. 18.5 inch barrel and a 2 shot extension on the magazine. Receiver is drilled and tapped for a rail, but I like the bead. I have to get a bunch of shells and hit the range. I’m going to wait to get a stock and light for it for a month or so. It’s playtime now. Thanks for all the advice guys. I found some training local that I will take advantage of soon.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Questions about Home defense shotgun. [Re: bhugo] #6194161
03/20/18 09:54 PM
03/20/18 09:54 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Nice!.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Questions about Home defense shotgun. [Re: bhugo] #6194164
03/20/18 09:57 PM
03/20/18 09:57 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
have fun , practice well.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread