No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt #6190691
03/17/18 08:39 PM
03/17/18 08:39 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Participated in our 5th youth turkey hunting school & hunt yesterday and today.

15 youth attended. We held the classroom and gun range portion of the school yesterday afternoon ending with a bar-b-que supper.

This morning we paired up b4 daybreak...guide with parent & child...and scattered out over several counties to hunt. When we all met up about noon the young hunters had smacked 6 gobblers (one came in late and missed photo op). All the gobblers were adults toms.

What a rush this is to see the excitement in a young hunter as he takes his first gobbler!

We are truly blessed here in South Ga with some great turkey hunting and guys that are willing to ensure hunting in Ga has a future by carrying a kid hunting.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 03/17/18 09:06 PM.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6190705
03/17/18 08:53 PM
03/17/18 08:53 PM
Central MN
Eric B Offline
trapper
Eric B  Offline
trapper

Central MN
Awesome! We're still every bit of a month away from turkey hunting here. They're still in big winter flocks right now! I say it before every season for all different species, but turkeys might be one of my favorite targets.

Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6191298
03/18/18 11:56 AM
03/18/18 11:56 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

I guess not too many Tman members thinking much about gobblers. I hate it for you snowed in Yanks.

Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6191309
03/18/18 12:11 PM
03/18/18 12:11 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Turkey hunting is something I really miss about living in the states. Funny thing though, every time I make a box call for someone I still love calling.

Good for those kids and the folks who made it happen.

Pete

Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6191388
03/18/18 01:43 PM
03/18/18 01:43 PM
North georgia
J
Jon C. Offline
trapper
Jon C.  Offline
trapper
J

North georgia
That's awsome! I got my first turkey last year. And now I'm hooked

If you don't love it leave it
Merle.
Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6192204
03/19/18 09:38 AM
03/19/18 09:38 AM
TN
L
lcd Offline
trapper
lcd  Offline
trapper
L

TN
Originally Posted By: Swamp Wolf

15 youth attended. We held the classroom and gun range portion of the school yesterday afternoon ending with a bar-b-que supper.

This morning we paired up b4 daybreak...guide with parent & child...and scattered out over several counties to hunt. When we all met up about noon the young hunters had smacked 6 gobblers (one came in late and missed photo op). All the gobblers were adults toms.

What a rush this is to see the excitement in a young hunter as he takes his first gobbler!

We are truly blessed here in South Ga with some great turkey hunting and guys that are willing to ensure hunting in Ga has a future by carrying a kid hunting.

Swamp, if you will pm me before next year's youth hunt, I might be able to build you all a couple of box call as donation items for the hunt, if that would help a little.

Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: lcd] #6192277
03/19/18 11:05 AM
03/19/18 11:05 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted By: lcd
Originally Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Swamp, if you will pm me before next year's youth hunt, I might be able to build you all a couple of box call as donation items for the hunt, if that would help a little.

That is fantastic! I will contact you and Thanks!

Re: 5th annual Youth Turkey Hunt [Re: Swamp Wolf] #6192546
03/19/18 04:43 PM
03/19/18 04:43 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
That's awesome!
I used to mentor with a group that took 50 kids out every year for youth deer day.

Kids had a blast.
Hunt in the am, meet up for lunch, demos, etc .
Hunt evening then meet up for supper, prizes, etc.
Former Redskin Dave Butz would hang out all day as well.

They are doing it now for turkeys as well.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread