No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192297
03/19/18 11:29 AM
03/19/18 11:29 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
gentleman, do not think for a minute that simple economic principles somehow do not apply to illicit drugs. The death, whether by government or by a competitor or customer is seen by a drug dealer not as a deterrent, but as a business opportunity. The risk may increase if cheeto-in-chief puts a few dealers on death row. That will increase prices, attract new dealers who will accept the risk to fill the demand. At best, the government death threats are a feel good measure for something that it cannot control. At worst, the death threats will cause prices to skyrocket for addicts and dealers alike. They will become more desperate and violent. The wheel goes round.
Try as we might to control others' behavior by law or by death, we should realize through the generations that we just aren't very good at it. We need to ask ourselves, as Americans, whether the cost of trying to control what other people put in their bodies is worth the cost. It is, after all, not cheap to put someone to death via the government. Nor should it be.

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192302
03/19/18 11:30 AM
03/19/18 11:30 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
"legal" Prescription drugs kill more people every year than "illegal" drugs do. So now what?

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Calvin] #6192306
03/19/18 11:36 AM
03/19/18 11:36 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted By: Calvin
"legal" Prescription drugs kill more people every year than "illegal" drugs do. So now what?

and ironically the drugs the government uses to kill people on death row by lethal injection are hard to come by because the drug companies are refusing to sell to them. Beaten by their own game.

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192313
03/19/18 11:46 AM
03/19/18 11:46 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Flynn is right, we have laws against drugs, murder, rape. Let's legalize everything being that some people don't obey laws. That should work real well.

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192317
03/19/18 11:56 AM
03/19/18 11:56 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
getting to be less laws about drugs, rat. Ever wonder why? Could it be that people are beginning to realize what they put into their own bodies isn't a concern of anyone else? Even if you don't like it? Now, the things that people may do while under the influence of drugs, such as rape or murder (your other two examples) are already illegal and rightfully so. They are crimes against another person. If one were to analyze, if possible to compile, all the the volumes of criminal laws throughout our land and sift through those which address one person victimizing another and causing actual harm we would be surprised before we were halfway through just how many pointless laws exist. They were enacted, i am sure, with the best of intentions. However, intentions mean nothing. We now suffer the ill effect.

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Marty] #6192322
03/19/18 12:01 PM
03/19/18 12:01 PM
PA
cndgmn Offline
"Alphabet"
cndgmn  Offline
"Alphabet"

PA
Originally Posted By: Marty
We have had a huge military presence in Afgan for many years and Afgan is the #1 exporter of heroin.

Why have the crops not been destroyed in the fields?

Protected from top to bottom.Why are the end users that overdo it provided Narcan.Can't have the customer base drying up and blowing away now can we.I'm all about Freedom but with great freedom comes great responsibility.Legalize it all,the weak minded will weed themselves out.

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: scalloper] #6192331
03/19/18 12:12 PM
03/19/18 12:12 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Originally Posted By: scalloper
Originally Posted By: west river rogue
really stupid idea!! in theory its a good idea but too many innocents killed. See it in the philippines all the time. You know law enforcement,they would be right even when wrong.
Better yet,let all the druggies die when they o.d. and the problem would kill itself!!

Your statement makes no sense. Most of the large dealers are not users. These large dealers and even the people pushing bags to the public need to be held accountable for the killings. The dealers are 100% responsible for these killings. We see the dems setting up more clinics and drug courts and the DA’s just letting these pukes walk all the while the killings go up yearly. What is that telling you? The current system is not working. I say Hangum high
it does make sense...some dealers are also users and if all the people who buy are dead the market dries up!!

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192338
03/19/18 12:21 PM
03/19/18 12:21 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
It sounds terrible, but the best thing to do, like West River Rogue said, is to let adults who overdose on opiods die. Most of those people who overdose will continue to steal and make the lives of those around them miserable, no matter how much help and support they receive. It would be a benefit to society as a whole, to let people who choose to poison themselves with opiods die.

Keith

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: scalloper] #6192343
03/19/18 12:25 PM
03/19/18 12:25 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted By: scalloper
We have had a huge military presence in Afgan for many years and Afgan is the #1 exporter of heroin.

Why have the crops not been destroyed in the fields?

I am not sure about those numbers. It’s my understanding the leading supplier of heroine to the US is Mexico

The #1 grower of poppy/opium used to make heroin is Afgan.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192346
03/19/18 12:30 PM
03/19/18 12:30 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
I guess we should also execute every employee of every brewery and distillery in the U.S.? While we are at it, let's execute the clerk at 7-11 for selling that 6 pack of beer. Oh yeah, don't forget to execute the corn and sugar cane farmers, the moms who make pies and everyone that has ever made, sold or offered you a Pepsi.

Lot's of things kill people. It doesn't mean they should be illegal.

I almost forgot tobacco......and motorcycles!

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192356
03/19/18 12:49 PM
03/19/18 12:49 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Afghanistan's opium poppy production goes into more than 90% of heroin worldwide.

During the Viet Nam war southeast aisa was producing the majority of opium......go figure.

Without the opium money the Taliban would be shut down in short order.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: FlyinFinn] #6192363
03/19/18 12:59 PM
03/19/18 12:59 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
getting to be less laws about drugs, rat. Ever wonder why? Could it be that people are beginning to realize what they put into their own bodies isn't a concern of anyone else? Even if you don't like it? Now, the things that people may do while under the influence of drugs, such as rape or murder (your other two examples) are already illegal and rightfully so. They are crimes against another person. If one were to analyze, if possible to compile, all the the volumes of criminal laws throughout our land and sift through those which address one person victimizing another and causing actual harm we would be surprised before we were halfway through just how many pointless laws exist. They were enacted, i am sure, with the best of intentions. However, intentions mean nothing. We now suffer the ill effect.

And all those laws have not stymied the drug trade. But, like gun control, the honest citizens are left to deal with the prohibitions and overreach.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192368
03/19/18 01:05 PM
03/19/18 01:05 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Just as you set the rules in your home,the government sets the rules in the home country.Follow the rules or face the consequences.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Boco] #6192385
03/19/18 01:48 PM
03/19/18 01:48 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Boco
Just as you set the rules in your home,the government sets the rules in the home country.Follow the rules or face the consequences.

Nice try, but it doesn't work that way.

If someone in the house spends $100 on drugs I don't shake down everyone else in the house that has $100 because I assume they'll buy drugs too.

That's how the overreach I mentioned above has played out...

I have $5000 in cash because I sold my Harley to some guy. On the way to the bank I get pulled over because my tag light is out. Cop notices I have 5K and confiscates it because he assumes I'm a dealer... No proof, he just assumes. I now have to prove that I acquired the money legally. If I can't, they get to keep it to further fund the "war on drugs."

Even better, if I don't get pulled over and make it to the bank safely, I have to prove to the bank where the cash came from or they refuse the cash and notify the authorities... I am assumed to be guilty because I have money.

The war on drugs has turned into a war on whatever they feel like at the moment... Including your wallet.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192391
03/19/18 01:53 PM
03/19/18 01:53 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the government might do better to have the drugs manufactured by the pharmaceutical companies and then sell them in government drug stores , this would keep all the dosing the same.

some people have been on hereon for 40 or more years , they get a new batch and a 1/2 does kills them.

if you prohibit something people want so badly they will do anything to get it , then they will do anything.

prohibition puts the cartels in control it feeds the cartel and costs the government.

what they are trying isn't really working , it might be easier to offer the drugs to people at a fair price per dose but they have to make them selves a non citizen first , as in Renounce your citizenship in front of a judge then once citizenship is renounced your are free to take all the drugs you like the government store checks your restricted resident non-citizen ID then sells you what you would like but can only have a days does at a time that way you can't be selling it. charge 20 dollars a day , after all the actual drug probably only costs 50 cents a day to make the rest is tax.

hey if your looking for a way to enslave the masses , it could be very effective.

steal the market right out from under the cartels.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192395
03/19/18 01:58 PM
03/19/18 01:58 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
A large # of people who are using heroin started using painkillers prescribed by doctors.

Its really a mess......Just Say No.

Legalized pot in the liberal states does not set a very good precedent for the younger folk.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: Marty] #6192412
03/19/18 02:20 PM
03/19/18 02:20 PM
michigan
M
mjh Offline
trapper
mjh  Offline
trapper
M

michigan
A large # of people who are using heroin started using painkillers prescribed by doctors.

Legalized pot in the liberal states does not set a very good precedent for the younger folk.

cigarettes and alcohol are legal right...its all a big double standard

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192415
03/19/18 02:24 PM
03/19/18 02:24 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
I do not support this concept. There is an automatic appeal for any Death Penalty case. This only serves to prolong the life and extend the cost to the tax payer. If won't have the desired affect because the court system will never allow it too. Too much money to be made by criminal lawyers fighting such cases. They have greater odds of dying on the street. I say turn them out faster and let the streets sort them out.

Last edited by Rye; 03/19/18 02:25 PM.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: mjh] #6192416
03/19/18 02:26 PM
03/19/18 02:26 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted By: mjh

cigarettes and alcohol are legal right...its all a big double standard

Cigs are not good but not like heroin and neither is alcohol.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: death penalty for drug dealers [Re: danny clifton] #6192417
03/19/18 02:28 PM
03/19/18 02:28 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Some drugs are so addictive all it takes is one time and you're hooked, alcohol and cigarettes not so much. As soon as the Gov. stops all aid to drug users then make it all legal and tax it.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread