Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Beginner Snares #6192511
03/19/18 04:13 PM
03/19/18 04:13 PM
Indiana
SecretSquirrel Offline OP
trapper
SecretSquirrel  Offline OP
trapper

Indiana
Looking into getting some snares for next years season. The snares will be for fox, rabbit, and beaver. Any suggestions on snare brands or types (if there is a different types, IDK) Or should I make my own snares?

-SS

Re: Beginner Snares [Re: SecretSquirrel] #6192562
03/19/18 05:03 PM
03/19/18 05:03 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
https://www.facebook.com/roggeroadrunnersnares/ - they make my snares, very affordable. They are currently having trouble with their website but you can message them there or PM them on here... https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/1386/JD_Rogge .. good fast loaded snares.

Newt and Rally Hess both make excellent snares too.

I suggest buying your snare premade (*Except your rabbit snares.) until you find the ones that you like, then keep the reusable components and built them if you want to save a couple bucks on them.

*Rabbit snares are typically made of small wire like picture hanging wire and have no real locks or anything but the loop of wire.

Re: Beginner Snares [Re: SecretSquirrel] #6215538
04/12/18 01:53 PM
04/12/18 01:53 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Another option: Dakota Line makes Ghost Rider beaver snares that are basically ready to go.

Re: Beginner Snares [Re: SecretSquirrel] #6215597
04/12/18 03:21 PM
04/12/18 03:21 PM
S.W. Michigan
L
late bite Offline
trapper
late bite  Offline
trapper
L

S.W. Michigan
Back when I started snaring (cable restraints here) I called Newt and had our regulations handy, he hooked me up with some great custom made snares and I have copied them ever since. They work great for coyote, fox & beaver, with deer stop adjustments.

I don't believe here in Mi we can legally snare rabbits, you might want to verify that down there????

Re: Beginner Snares [Re: SecretSquirrel] #6215609
04/12/18 03:35 PM
04/12/18 03:35 PM
Southern Michigan
T
trappergbus Offline
trapper
trappergbus  Offline
trapper
T

Southern Michigan
Check your regs closely before you buy snares or snare parts like Late Bite did. Most offer kits, An instructional DVD will help, there's more to making snares that one would think. Its all about the cables memory and how to work with it. When done right they are a super efficient tool.

Common sense catches alot of fur..
Pay homage to all you harvest..
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91