No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Antisocial behavior #6193094
03/20/18 12:48 AM
03/20/18 12:48 AM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline OP
trapper
J.Morse  Offline OP
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
It is getting so Tman is the only place online that I can comment about anything without some knucklehead getting rude, snotty, and insulting. It doesn't take much either. Twice this week, on a favorite birding site I visit, I was jumped on. This evening I commented, tongue-in-cheek, about a post a guy made concerning some eagle photos he took. Another member dressed the guy down because he used capital letters on each word of his comment. I did the same in my compliment to the guy. I ain't one to judge folks usually, but the middle-aged gal that scolded him appeared to be a hard drinking SJW. She told me to "Pi** off"! A few days ago I made a comment to the effect that some of the bird folks were acting like juveniles by endlessly posting photos of birds either crapping or mating, then giggling about it to each other. In less than 5 minutes I had been insulted by several people, including one that found my FB page and insinuated that I was a lowlife on account of my FB page being full of pictures of me with dead animals, and yet another old blister that took me to task because there was also a photo of me standing by a marten in a conibear on my old trap line. She balled me out because I was "endorsing leg-hold traps" on my FB page!! I answered both without being rude, but the comments started getting even more disgusting and I axed the entire post by deleting the opening post. Why do they call these sites "Social Media"????

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193100
03/20/18 01:03 AM
03/20/18 01:03 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
There's plenty of rudeness here, if you make incorrect remarks.

Being a whole keyboard away gives some people courage. Then again, some people seem never to have been taught to tolerate opinions different from their own.

Jim

Last edited by James; 03/20/18 01:07 AM.

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193102
03/20/18 01:04 AM
03/20/18 01:04 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
This is absolutely the most civil place on the net that I know of.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193105
03/20/18 01:08 AM
03/20/18 01:08 AM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline OP
trapper
J.Morse  Offline OP
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
James, we do see it here a bit, but the Boss runs a pretty tight ship for the most part. Marty must go to some of the same sites I do, because Tman actually IS civil for the most part. Flamers might sneak in a jab now and then, but usually they get a vacation.

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193108
03/20/18 01:10 AM
03/20/18 01:10 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Yeah, you have a point, J. Morse. This site is more civil than most, and the moderation is better.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193361
03/20/18 10:21 AM
03/20/18 10:21 AM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline OP
trapper
J.Morse  Offline OP
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
TTT for the day shift.

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193418
03/20/18 11:19 AM
03/20/18 11:19 AM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
I got a good chuckle the other day.
A post had gone on for several pages and a couple of members had locked horns. One backed out then tried to do a flanking maneuver. Another member commented that the one didn't get enough? The flanker said your irrelevant and the thread will
ROLL ON!

There were THREE WORDS POSTED AFTER THAT

NO IT WON'T

Then an avitar of OLD GLORY waving.

thanks Paul

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: cmcf] #6193440
03/20/18 11:31 AM
03/20/18 11:31 AM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Originally Posted By: cmcf
A post had gone on for several pages and a couple of members had locked horns. One backed out then tried to do a flanking maneuver. Another member commented that the one didn't get enough? The flanker said your irrelevant and the thread will
ROLL ON!

NO IT WON'T

Then an avitar of OLD GLORY waving

thanks Paul

I saw that. grin

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193622
03/20/18 01:22 PM
03/20/18 01:22 PM
Arkansas
A
AR Swampboss Offline
trapper
AR Swampboss  Offline
trapper
A

Arkansas
Originally Posted By: J.Morse
It is getting so Tman is the only place online that I can comment about anything without some knucklehead getting rude, snotty, and insulting. It doesn't take much either. Twice this week, on a favorite birding site I visit, I was jumped on. This evening I commented, tongue-in-cheek, about a post a guy made concerning some eagle photos he took. Another member dressed the guy down because he used capital letters on each word of his comment. I did the same in my compliment to the guy. I ain't one to judge folks usually, but the middle-aged gal that scolded him appeared to be a hard drinking SJW. She told me to "Pi** off"! A few days ago I made a comment to the effect that some of the bird folks were acting like juveniles by endlessly posting photos of birds either crapping or mating, then giggling about it to each other. In less than 5 minutes I had been insulted by several people, including one that found my FB page and insinuated that I was a lowlife on account of my FB page being full of pictures of me with dead animals, and yet another old blister that took me to task because there was also a photo of me standing by a marten in a conibear on my old trap line. She balled me out because I was "endorsing leg-hold traps" on my FB page!! I answered both without being rude, but the comments started getting even more disgusting and I axed the entire post by deleting the opening post. Why do they call these sites "Social Media"????

Maybe you are running into a lot of Hillary fans with pent up anger ??

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: J.Morse] #6193626
03/20/18 01:30 PM
03/20/18 01:30 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
https://youtu.be/xEmokCdbc6Y

You want to see some nasty comments?

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: chas3457] #6193665
03/20/18 02:13 PM
03/20/18 02:13 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted By: chas3457
Originally Posted By: cmcf
ROLL ON!

NO IT WON'T

Then an avitar of OLD GLORY waving

thanks Paul

I saw that. grin

Charlie

So did I! grin

Eh...wot?

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: James] #6193698
03/20/18 02:54 PM
03/20/18 02:54 PM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Originally Posted By: James
Yeah, you have a point, J. Morse. This site is more civil than most, and the moderation is better.

Jim

YES!
And it stands to reason that so many folks on an outdoor site are more sensitive to 2nd amendment issues than most others.
I still don't quite understand so many negative opinions toward educations intolerance of differing views on matters that don't effect trappers and hunters.

Re: Antisocial behavior [Re: James] #6193710
03/20/18 03:16 PM
03/20/18 03:16 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: James

Jim

Effective but not heavy handed moderation is key.

I've been in plenty of FB groups that started off well enough that end up going down the drain because eventually the rude, argumentative edge lord trolls take over.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread