No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anyone READY for turkey season? [Re: Pofarmer10] #6193369
03/20/18 10:26 AM
03/20/18 10:26 AM
TN
A
atchman2 Offline
trapper
atchman2  Offline
trapper
A

TN
I'm headed out to Northwest Kansas to do the archery only season. I think this is my fifth year. Last year I finally tagged out on two Rio Grande turkeys. It was my first time ever tagging out, so I was really pumped. smile

Out there turkey season would be over in two days if you were using a shotgun. I started hunting with a multiple Grand Slam guy (John Sloan) and he told me that I needed to hunt them with a bow or crossbow. I wasn't 100% behind it due to how hard it is to get one with archery equipment. The farmers though will give you easier permission if you are using archery equipment. I think they think you won't get any. laugh

Because I go out there so much (my in laws live there) I actually keep a bow, crossbow, an air rifle, and a prairie dog gun at my brother in laws farm. That way even during the middle of the day I'm hunting something else. I use the air rifle a lot for rabbits. The .223 for prairie dogs, and I go back and forth between my bow and my crossbow for turkeys.

When I retire in a couple years I'm moving out there. Can't wait to start trapping that area.

randel Atchley
Re: Anyone READY for turkey season? [Re: Pofarmer10] #6193381
03/20/18 10:44 AM
03/20/18 10:44 AM
PA/NY on the line
JEckman Offline
trapper
JEckman  Offline
trapper

PA/NY on the line
Leaving for Nebraska this Saturday.. Home for 2 weeks then oft to Kentucky. Home a few days and may just head to Maryland. Then its PA and NY. If me and a buddy kill our 4 each in PA and NY we might just head towards Michigan....

Re: Anyone READY for turkey season? [Re: Redsleeves] #6193424
03/20/18 11:22 AM
03/20/18 11:22 AM
Missouri, USA
Pofarmer10 Offline OP
trapper
Pofarmer10  Offline OP
trapper

Missouri, USA
Originally Posted By: Redsleeves
I stay ready for turkey season 365 I only trap to get me between spring and fall then from fall to spring!
Same here. Got my first one last year all bye myself. Im only 14(15 during turkey season) and I have went with my dad and bro several times. Lots of fun out there.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti
Re: Anyone READY for turkey season? [Re: Pofarmer10] #6193776
03/20/18 04:14 PM
03/20/18 04:14 PM
Near state college, PA, God Bl...
trapre Offline
trapper
trapre  Offline
trapper

Near state college, PA, God Bl...
Itching to go! Got a 222/20 gauge over under and can't wait to kill something with it.

"To not read the news is to be uninformed. To read the news is to be misinformed" -Mark Twain
Re: Anyone READY for turkey season? [Re: Pofarmer10] #6194315
03/21/18 01:04 AM
03/21/18 01:04 AM
Mountain View, AR
S
ShaneT Offline
trapper
ShaneT  Offline
trapper
S

Mountain View, AR
So ready I can't stand it. I have the first 9 days of our season off work.

"Good Lord, thank you for your endless bounty. Lord please give me the strength to gather what I need"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread