No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... #6203284
03/30/18 11:06 AM
03/30/18 11:06 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Online content OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Online Content OP
trapper
J

Ky
Ok here is a little light on this subject. The Governor that we all loved the response he made about school shootings can't hide his true colors. For the last 2 months he has tried to overhaul the state pension plan. Most of the plans have been shutdown. He went on record to say he would fix it. So he had one of his lackey's propose a pension plan and they tried to hide it in a sewage treatment bill. It was over 250 pages long . NO lawmakers read it ! (sound familiar OBUMMER CARE). It was passed at the end of the day right before MOST schools are out for spring break, (warding off a walk out)
BY Ky law a cost effective study has to be done on ALL budget changes. They didn't have time. What a mess!!!! The small breakdown is it will cost the state more money. BUT I guess he can brag he passed a bill even if it doesn't fix the problem !!!!!

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203454
03/30/18 05:20 PM
03/30/18 05:20 PM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
It's my understanding that Ky schools are hurting for teachers...Old Gov make have shot himself in the foot.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203481
03/30/18 06:20 PM
03/30/18 06:20 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Pensions everywhere probably needed fixed 30 years ago.

There's no good solution to any of them now.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203543
03/30/18 07:44 PM
03/30/18 07:44 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Pensions are unsustainable, they will all go broke eventually.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203823
03/31/18 07:09 AM
03/31/18 07:09 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
He's basically trying to right a ship that's the result of most of fifty years of democrat run decisions in Kentucky government. We're seeing similar things in Wisconsin and West Virginia. I feel teachers are under appreciated and paid but we have to make a hard right turn here and nationally or this can that keeps getting kicked down the road will get in the deep ditch that we can't get it out of without even more major unpopular decisions, I'd like to see all these people here on dishonest and fraudulent welfare and disability get cut out and have to go to work and funnel that money towards education. It's a tough decision but I'm glad we've got a man in there that's willing to try do do something.

Last edited by kytrapper; 03/31/18 07:11 AM. Reason: Added fraudulent
Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203916
03/31/18 09:35 AM
03/31/18 09:35 AM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
With correct employee/employer contributions and prudent management they are very sustainable. Annuity companies do this with precision forever. Many states have them funded at a sustainable level. What destroys the outlook is underfunding over time and ending the pension as a choice for future employees. With no new employees paying in the outlook for any system is bleak. Continually underfunding it does make it look to be too big of a problem, but the bean counters can solve it over the long run with minimal pain. Employees and taxpayers share the burden over decades. Governors just see an immediate cost and they want to free up that cash for other things. Sad that such a dire decision is hidden in another bill.

Often public pensions are guaranteed in state constitutions. Is it in Kentucky? People don’t realize the governor is putting them on the hook for the huge future costs generated by stopping the program for future employees instead of fixing the plan with contributions long term. All for a cash bump today.... The governor will be long gone when those costs show up though.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203926
03/31/18 09:49 AM
03/31/18 09:49 AM
SWMo.
T
tjm Offline
trapper
tjm  Offline
trapper
T

SWMo.
I don't even have to see his bill, if it is unpopular it is very likely going in the right direction.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203948
03/31/18 10:21 AM
03/31/18 10:21 AM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Online content
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Online Content
trapper

Kentucky
To understand Matt Bevin the Governor of Kentucky, you have to do a little homework... Born in Colorado, and came here from New Hamphsire in 1999, campaign funded by the Koch Brothers, implemented the first right to work law ever in Kentucky, and is at war with the various labor unions...The teacher pension battle is far more than an upstanding politician trying to do the right thing and balance the budget...He's really just carrying out the directive of his financial backers, not the will of Kentucky's people as the right to work law wasn't a popular desire of his constituents...Make no mistake, the freedom to bear arms propaganda that he trumpets does play well to a freedom loving bunch like Kentuckians, but his true mission is to stab the working man in the back, everytime and all the time.

Member - FTA
Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203961
03/31/18 10:46 AM
03/31/18 10:46 AM
kentucky
R
redfoxtrap2008 Offline
trapper
redfoxtrap2008  Offline
trapper
R

kentucky
did you people look at what was passed it's actually pretty good and I work for the state ,yes the teachers are crying but they shouldn't be something had to be done.They are are still getting a better deal than the rest of state employees. good grief

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203966
03/31/18 10:54 AM
03/31/18 10:54 AM
kentucky
R
redfoxtrap2008 Offline
trapper
redfoxtrap2008  Offline
trapper
R

kentucky
if you think it was put in slight of hand you may be right but it wouldn't have been that way if they were not marching and getting in the way at every turn the teachers here are spoiled.Do you believe they should make as much as the state police who put their lives on the line everyday?

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203967
03/31/18 10:57 AM
03/31/18 10:57 AM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Public employee pension plans are used as pseudo wage hikes by public unions and rubber spined politicians. They give the union a cookie in the here and now to shut them up with payment to be fulfilled usually long after that crop of politicians have retired as well.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203969
03/31/18 11:01 AM
03/31/18 11:01 AM
Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
E
eastwood44mag Offline
trapper
eastwood44mag  Offline
trapper
E

Illinois/Indiana (depends on t...
Move to Illinois, where our governors make your license plates.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203986
03/31/18 11:33 AM
03/31/18 11:33 AM
kentucky
R
redfoxtrap2008 Offline
trapper
redfoxtrap2008  Offline
trapper
R

kentucky
Here is the problem the state is in financial trouble but the state employees only see what matters to their personal situation and not the other agencies.For example the Kentucky division of forestry in fourteen years have shrunk the amount of rangers and foresters to less than half a ranger in most cases now has four counties. where he once had one the amount of work for him has at the least tripled and the pay is the. same .That's just one example all the agencies here are in the same boat and it's sinking.The teachers are just screaming louder than the rest I don't even blame them but it doesn't mean they are right...

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: jbyrd63] #6203988
03/31/18 11:37 AM
03/31/18 11:37 AM
kentucky
R
redfoxtrap2008 Offline
trapper
redfoxtrap2008  Offline
trapper
R

kentucky
And what is this teaching my children? To throw a fit when they don't get their way ..rant over I'm done

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6204011
03/31/18 12:14 PM
03/31/18 12:14 PM
robertson co ky
S
sako22 Offline
trapper
sako22  Offline
trapper
S

robertson co ky
How is implementing a right to work law stabbing the working man in the back? IMO a person shouldn't have to buy into or belong to a union to be able to work and support their family..
Originally Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter
To understand Matt Bevin the Governor of Kentucky, you have to do a little homework... Born in Colorado, and came here from New Hamphsire in 1999, campaign funded by the Koch Brothers, implemented the first right to work law ever in Kentucky, and is at war with the various labor unions...The teacher pension battle is far more than an upstanding politician trying to do the right thing and balance the budget...He's really just carrying out the directive of his financial backers, not the will of Kentucky's people as the right to work law wasn't a popular desire of his constituents...Make no mistake, the freedom to bear arms propaganda that he trumpets does play well to a freedom loving bunch like Kentuckians, but his true mission is to stab the working man in the back, everytime and all the time.

Re: Ky lawmakers? I am ASHAMED to live here..... [Re: sako22] #6204034
03/31/18 12:38 PM
03/31/18 12:38 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Online content
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Online Content
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted By: sako22
How is implementing a right to work law stabbing the working man in the back? IMO a person shouldn't have to buy into or belong to a union to be able to work and support their family..
Originally Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter
Glad you asked....First issue is the name of the law "Right to Work" because it's dishonest in its implication...You already have a right to work, (or not) ...You exercise that right when you decide whether to take the job (or not) at a closed union shop job...Don't like the unions? then don't take the job period, then you won't have to worry about paying union dues, and you have exercised your right of choice...What people miss is unions elevate the pay scale for both union and non-union jobs in a non- right to work state...The non union jobs in right to work states pay less, so it really should be called "Right to work for less"...Furthermore, the states that set higher prevailing job wages, and don't pass right to work legislation have better payed workers (all workers) and much safer working conditions...Who benefits the most from right to work legislation? ...The people who are already the most wealthy.

Member - FTA
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread