No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6217456
04/14/18 08:58 PM
04/14/18 08:58 PM
Central Florida/ Formerly Ohio
H
Hoppytrapsfur Offline
trapper
Hoppytrapsfur  Offline
trapper
H

Central Florida/ Formerly Ohio
Why don't we just end it all over in the Middle East? Bomb it all. Forget the money we give to all the apes over there! Excluding Isreal.

Now what?

Will

"Dad gum it" Larry C. RIP
Re: Surgical strike [Re: Rebel Rider] #6217477
04/14/18 09:15 PM
04/14/18 09:15 PM
KS
N
Nate Dawg Offline
trapper
Nate Dawg  Offline
trapper
N

KS
Originally Posted By: Rebel Rider
My family's been following this reporter who is on the ground in Damascus. (She was there during the attack.) Here's her facebook page if you want some info from someone who is there. https://www.facebook.com/janice.kortkamp

Her page has disappeared. How convenient.

Re: Surgical strike [Re: Nate Dawg] #6217478
04/14/18 09:17 PM
04/14/18 09:17 PM
minnesota
G
goldy Offline
trapper
goldy  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
Originally Posted By: Nate Dawg
Originally Posted By: Rebel Rider
My family's been following this reporter who is on the ground in Damascus. (She was there during the attack.) Here's her facebook page if you want some info from someone who is there. https://www.facebook.com/janice.kortkamp

Her page has disappeared. How convenient.
Must have gotten advice from her sister Jane Fonda.

"They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin talking about guns
Re: Surgical strike [Re: Hoppytrapsfur] #6217483
04/14/18 09:20 PM
04/14/18 09:20 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Hoppytrapsfur
Why don't we just end it all over in the Middle East? Bomb it all. Forget the money we give to all the apes over there! Excluding Isreal.

Now what?

Will

Yes. End it all or stay out completely.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Surgical strike [Re: AntiGov] #6217654
04/15/18 12:11 AM
04/15/18 12:11 AM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Originally Posted By: AntiGov
Any government that will kill it's own citizens should be dealt with . Bombing Syria is a no brainier

Well were those kids gassed or some of the ones caught up in the strikes? Anytime bombs be dropping innocents be dying. While the hole gas thing is horrid, I would love to see proof Assad did it, I mean we said hey we're leaving! All sudden gas attack? Assad knows good and well we will stay if he drops gas attacks, he has nothing to win by doing so?? He is not an idiot. Anytime we start a policy innocents get gassed, Assad has nothing to gain by gassing his people, except our missles falling on him and our continued involvement? That he doesn't want.

Something shady about this entire deal ---

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Surgical strike [Re: JakeDog] #6217701
04/15/18 01:24 AM
04/15/18 01:24 AM
Eastern Montana
Rebel Rider Offline
trapper
Rebel Rider  Offline
trapper

Eastern Montana
Originally Posted By: JakeDog
Well were those kids gassed or some of the ones caught up in the strikes? Anytime bombs be dropping innocents be dying. While the hole gas thing is horrid, I would love to see proof Assad did it, I mean we said hey we're leaving! All sudden gas attack? Assad knows good and well we will stay if he drops gas attacks, he has nothing to win by doing so?? He is not an idiot. Anytime we start a policy innocents get gassed, Assad has nothing to gain by gassing his people, except our missles falling on him and our continued involvement? That he doesn't want.

Something shady about this entire deal ---

Exactly. There are also terrorist groups over there being funded by the US who have a lot to gain if the US gets more involved, so they're the ones who have a reason to show images of civilians being gassed. If you start looking at alternate news sources, like ones coming out of Syria, there's a lot of info on it.

And the rest of you need to do a little more research on Syria. It wasn't a third world country until the war started, and even now, it's not "mud huts."
Sorry if the link's not working for you guys. It's working fine for me.

Last edited by Rebel Rider; 04/15/18 01:35 AM.
Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6217705
04/15/18 01:35 AM
04/15/18 01:35 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The only nation to nuke whole cities says not to use chemical weapons in a war.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Surgical strike [Re: FlyinFinn] #6217720
04/15/18 03:59 AM
04/15/18 03:59 AM
Golconda, IL
nramemb Offline
trapper
nramemb  Offline
trapper

Golconda, IL
Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Nramemb, would it have been less of a holocaust if Hitler had killed the Jews in a more socially accepted manner? If not, your comment makes no sense.

The point I was making was Hitler could and should of been stopped long before he was.

no different then a good guy with a gun taking out a bad guy with a gun.

Most of what you post on here makes no sense.

Re: Surgical strike [Re: nramemb] #6217726
04/15/18 05:09 AM
04/15/18 05:09 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
A difficult call. On the one hand, we should mind our own business, like Finn says.

On the other hand, I'm not ready to stand by when atrocities are committed. There is a reason that poison gas is banned by the international rules of warfare. Being gassed is a particularly hideous way to die.

I think the US, Britain, and France did the right thing. Too bad they didn't take out any Russians.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6217766
04/15/18 07:05 AM
04/15/18 07:05 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Putin loves his poisons-I wonder if Trump has a food taster.

Last edited by Boco; 04/15/18 07:06 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Surgical strike [Re: Mike in A-town] #6217886
04/15/18 09:24 AM
04/15/18 09:24 AM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
A bunch of folks on here threw a fit over Syrian refugees... We didn't want them here... Not our responsibility... They should fight for their own country instead of coming here and screwing up this one...

Anyone remember that?

YES, ASSAD IS A MURDERING SCUMBAG! We know that.

But if the rebels we're backing overthrow him what are the chances they'll put someone as bad or worse in his place?

We never learn. The Middle East is a political tarpit full of the bones of policy after failed American policy.

There's not one person in Syria worth an American life.

Mike

I do remember that and I was and am one that still believes it. But - two of your neighbors are having a property dispute, we expect them to settle it between themselves not run over to my home and get me involved and screw up my life. But then one of the neighboring men decide to beat up the other neighbors wife & kids, now I'm involved. Period. A very silly example I admit but where do we draw the line between not wanting to get involved in someone else's disputes & going 'oh crap, that's just to much'? I don't have the answers.

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Surgical strike [Re: Boco] #6217917
04/15/18 09:56 AM
04/15/18 09:56 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Boco
Putin loves his poisons-I wonder if Trump has a food taster.

Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6217924
04/15/18 10:07 AM
04/15/18 10:07 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

It's a tough call. Let folks settle their own disputes or when murder is involved should we step in.
There's murder that takes place every day in the U.S.A. and is allowed by law. I don't agree with it and would love to see it abolished. but I suppose the american people support this form of murder. I guess the majority would also support an/or not give a darn about Syria's form of murder.

Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6217928
04/15/18 10:12 AM
04/15/18 10:12 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Should've used 1 bomb the MOAB and really put the fear in them

Re: Surgical strike [Re: ] #6217933
04/15/18 10:17 AM
04/15/18 10:17 AM
Perham Minnesota 54
R
racerboy108 Offline
trapper
racerboy108  Offline
trapper
R

Perham Minnesota 54
Originally Posted By: J Staton
It's a tough call. Let folks settle their own disputes or when murder is involved should we step in.
There's murder that takes place every day in the U.S.A. and is allowed by law. I don't agree with it and would love to see it abolished. but I suppose the american people support this form of murder. I guess the majority would also support an/or not give a darn about Syria's form of murder.

For sure a tough call. We are at the mercy of our government on making good choices as we by far don't know the whole story.

I think the people in that country don't have the means to do anything on their own. I would bet their country is split on radical and vulnerable.

Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6217938
04/15/18 10:20 AM
04/15/18 10:20 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted By: adam m
Should've used 1 bomb the MOAB and really put the fear in them

Striking to take away the means to deliver and the chemical weapons themselves is one thing. Flattening half a town and killing a bunch of civilians is quite another. Young children for the most part are innocent, at least to the time when they get into the hands of teachers. After that all bets are off, what their beliefs may be.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Surgical strike [Re: harleydparts] #6217939
04/15/18 10:22 AM
04/15/18 10:22 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: harleydparts
A bunch of folks on here threw a fit over Syrian refugees... We didn't want them here... Not our responsibility... They should fight for their own country instead of coming here and screwing up this one...

Anyone remember that?

YES, ASSAD IS A MURDERING SCUMBAG! We know that.

But if the rebels we're backing overthrow him what are the chances they'll put someone as bad or worse in his place?

We never learn. The Middle East is a political tarpit full of the bones of policy after failed American policy.

There's not one person in Syria worth an American life.

Mike

I do remember that and I was and am one that still believes it. But - two of your neighbors are having a property dispute, we expect them to settle it between themselves not run over to my home and get me involved and screw up my life. But then one of the neighboring men decide to beat up the other neighbors wife & kids, now I'm involved. Period. A very silly example I admit but where do we draw the line between not wanting to get involved in someone else's disputes & going 'oh crap, that's just to much'? I don't have the answers.

If we stopped the neighbor from beating the other neighbor's wife and kids once and settled it for good we might be OK...

The problem is that we help the victim neighbor push the bully neighbor out. And then the victim neighbor decides to turn into the bully neighbor.

We propped up the Shah in Iran. He was such a corrupt scumbag that the Iranian people felt they'd be better off with the Ayatollahs...

So to fix that little foulup we propped up Saddam Hussein. He was a murdering psychopathic dictator that we wound up having to depose...

We helped depose Khadaffi. But Libya didn't turn into a Southern Mediterranean vacation destination after Muammar got bounced out...

So now we are backing rebels to fight Assad... If they manage to oust Assad what kind of leader will the rebels replace Assad with?

It turns into a hornet's nest every time. The CIA needs a new playbook.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Surgical strike [Re: Mike in A-town] #6218031
04/15/18 11:36 AM
04/15/18 11:36 AM
Eastern Montana
Rebel Rider Offline
trapper
Rebel Rider  Offline
trapper

Eastern Montana

So now we are backing rebels to fight Assad... If they manage to oust Assad what kind of leader will the rebels replace Assad with?

It turns into a hornet's nest every time. The CIA needs a new playbook.

Mike

We'd probably replace him with someone worse like the murderous radicals in Saudi Arabia that we support. The US track record is terrible. From what I've read, the Christians in Syria are taking the side of the government, because Assad's the only one who doesn't want them dead.
Here's a different article I found. https://jamesperloff.com/2018/03/30/a-syrian-christian-reveals-what-is-really-happening-in-syria/

Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6218040
04/15/18 11:45 AM
04/15/18 11:45 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
The Saudi's are bombing civilians like its in style in Yemen.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Surgical strike [Re: adam m] #6218067
04/15/18 12:10 PM
04/15/18 12:10 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I'm not particularly opposed to bombing to stop the use of chemical weapons... But I doubt we will be able to maintain our involvement at just that level.

Somewhere along the way Syria/Russia will strike back at us and/or the coalition. And we'll have another Gulf of Tonkin and escalate our involvement from that point.

I do not see a positive long-term outcome from our involvement.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread