No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Hop to:
#6219068 - 04/16/18 10:36 AM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: ambush32]
Tweed Online   shocked
trapper

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: ambush32
Hopefully the sponsor money dries up for the Crush and Stan Potts soon...

What happened to the humble tv hunting host....

I like the Fred Bear videos too but we're kidding ourselves we don't think those aren't Bear commercials.

#6219101 - 04/16/18 11:32 AM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
ambush32 Offline
trapper

Loc: Mi, Mecosta
100% agree Tweed....Fred Bear was a self promoter of his archery business, but I believe(just me)he did it in a tasteful way..
Fred loved archery and wanted everyone to enjoy the sport....

#6219112 - 04/16/18 11:48 AM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
Rye Offline
trapper

Loc: havelock, NC
There are some YT channels I follow that are all public land hunting and arenít sponsored (Yet). Once they become infomercials I move on. The commercialization started with Rolland Martin and Jimmy Huston. Two of the biggest product (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to ever walk. It just got worse form there. Itís been this way for more than 25 years. Where have you been?

#6219114 - 04/16/18 11:51 AM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
BernieB. Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Minnesota
I don't mind Stan Potts' over the top reactions, it's genuine emotion. Not my style but I get it.

What I don't like is walking down the aisles at the industry trade shows and seeing the companies signing the latest and greatest pretty face girl in tight camo pants, when some guys have worked hard for years to deliver good return on investment only to see the company they helped build start shipping paychecks to a blonde who hardly knows which end of an arrow to put the broadhead on. Hunting shows are just getting cheap and I'm not against women hunting at all, I'm just against the lack of good content. If all you're watching outdoor TV shows for is to see a pretty girl hunting, it's not sustainable and these companies are starting to find out that if they want to get a good return on investment, they better start spending their money on the shows that educate and entertain the masses. We need more hunters, especially skilled hunters that don't give us a black eye in the public like a lot of these yahoos and their bad English and their bad advice on these shows today.

It will correct itself, and the companies along with the stations and shows who understand how to have longevity will survive.

#6219145 - 04/16/18 12:22 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
bass10 Offline
trapper

Loc: Akron, Ohio
I have no problem with some of them. Am entertained very, very little but watch occasionally but very rarely from start to finish.
Lee and Tiffany are OK, Lee put in his time and made a gamble in life to quit a great paying job to pursue his passion. Good for him.
With the success came the sponsors and with that came the dollars to buy primo farms in a super state. He now has great properties to
hunt and is afforded the opportunity to do it full time, so on top of being a good hunter he can work on it 365 days a year. Good for him
but not reality for most of us.
T got turned off at an outdoor show when Waddell was there and people were lined up for 100 yards for his autograph, SAY WHAT? What the heck
are you gonna do with that and why would you waste one second of your life waiting to get it? My buddy bought a video of name escapes me but a
hottie and was excited she signed it. I said who the heck cares, you wasted your money and your time.

#6219146 - 04/16/18 12:24 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: BernieB.]
Clark Offline
trapper

Loc: Duluth, MN
Originally Posted By: BernieB.
Had to turn that off after about 15 seconds to avoid hurling on my computer screen.

I couldn't stand her either but just to clarify, no one on this board is her target audience. Tweed said his daughter watched her and that is great. Young women need another woman to show them hunting. I applaud her efforts because she will probably do more to recruit hunter than most of us.

waggler - Check out Randy Newberg on youtube. He seems to be genuine and an actual hunter, not a personality designed for a show.

Clark

#6219162 - 04/16/18 12:45 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
Arkansas87 Offline
trapper

Loc: Bismarck Arkansas
Fnt has a show on the persuit chanell called freedom outdoors. I have watched it a couple times and was pritty good. I haven't seen it on lately tho I wonder if they cancelled it?

#6219190 - 04/16/18 01:23 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
Anglinscreek Offline
trapper

Loc: Southern WV
Had a friend who met Stan Potts while they were BOTH on DIY archery hunts in Illinois. He said Stan was a genuine great guy with a love for deer hunting. They still correspond to this day.

My buddy killed a 130 and Stan came over to see it and was ecstatic for him. Said everything about Stan was genuine.

#6219253 - 04/16/18 03:25 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper

Loc: OK
Stan Potts is a super nice guy . Really like him . Same with Steve Rinella and Jim Shockey.

#6219259 - 04/16/18 03:35 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
ol' dad Offline
trapper

Loc: Lincoln County, Missouri
The Hunting Public and Dan Infalt's "The Hunting Beast" are both good youtube channels that are down to earth, informative, and non-commercialized...so far. You can learn more from watching 5 mins of Dan Infalt that you can a decade from any of the scripted and post edited crap on paid tv.

ol'dad

#6219260 - 04/16/18 03:36 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: Clark]
billsauk Offline
trapper

Loc: Melrose, MN

waggler - Check out Randy Newberg on youtube. He seems to be genuine and an actual hunter, not a personality designed for a show.

Clark [/quote]

Randy's tv show is a good one, and he is a trapper on trapperman also.

#6219263 - 04/16/18 03:49 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
kickin buck Offline
trapper

Loc: sw Wisconsin
Don't forget they all begin with a slow motion or time lapsed intro lol!

#6219305 - 04/16/18 05:20 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: BernieB.]
330-Trapper Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I don't mind Stan Potts' over the top reactions, it's genuine emotion. Not my style but I get it.

What I don't like is walking down the aisles at the industry trade shows and seeing the companies signing the latest and greatest pretty face girl in tight camo pants, when some guys have worked hard for years to deliver good return on investment only to see the company they helped build start shipping paychecks to a blonde who hardly knows which end of an arrow to put the broadhead on. Hunting shows are just getting cheap and I'm not against women hunting at all, I'm just against the lack of good content. If all you're watching outdoor TV shows for is to see a pretty girl hunting, it's not sustainable and these companies are starting to find out that if they want to get a good return on investment, they better start spending their money on the shows that educate and entertain the masses. We need more hunters, especially skilled hunters that don't give us a black eye in the public like a lot of these yahoos and their bad English and their bad advice on these shows today.

It will correct itself, and the companies along with the stations and shows who understand how to have longevity will survive.
The Blonds on these shows now, hunt and kill their own animals,not a one of the Female hunters are or act fake. Potts is Not exhibiting anything real... Totally put on performance! I disagree with your take on it all...I raised 4 kids, 3 daughters and two out of 3 hunt so does my Son. I think the women are good for the industry.

#6219313 - 04/16/18 05:40 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper

Loc: NWT
I hate hearing them say " Oh I made a perfect shot, it don't get no more perfect than that" as the deer is running away to be found the next day. I don't like the ego involved most of all. Most look like they stepped out of a catalog too with all their new equipment. Ive been wearing the same camo sweater for about 10 years now.

#6219326 - 04/16/18 06:03 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
Boco Offline
trapper

Loc: james bay frontierOnt.
I don't watch hunting on TV.

#6219333 - 04/16/18 06:11 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: 330-Trapper]
BernieB. Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

The Blonds on these shows now, hunt and kill their own animals,not a one of the Female hunters are or act fake. Potts is Not exhibiting anything real... Totally put on performance! I disagree with your take on it all...I raised 4 kids, 3 daughters and two out of 3 hunt so does my Son. I think the women are good for the industry.

I know these people personally. Obviously you do not.

#6219341 - 04/16/18 06:19 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
BigBob Offline
trapper

Loc: St. Louis Co, Mo
Sat am at my house meant watching ALL the fishing shows, till they became too crass and went to cable.
Babe Winkleman was the last to go, and who can ever forget Virgil Ward and his superb theme song.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!

#6219430 - 04/16/18 08:11 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: BernieB.]
330-Trapper Offline

Loc: Minnesota
[quote=BernieB I know these people personally. Obviously you do not. [/quote] Thank god I don't He's an obvious "I, I, I" self promoter Way over the top. And Women in this industry are generally Good overall. You Bernie seem to have an account to grind about Women on the outdoors, that's your choice, your beef. My oppinion is mine that's how I see it;yours is yours.

#6219466 - 04/16/18 08:50 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: Tweed]
52Carl Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: Tweed
This morning I found a YouTuber that my daughter's like.

She has sponsors but it's not ridiculous. She's fun and has great practical advice and also shows plenty of fail.

Unless she can do a handstand and shoot her bow with her feet in those tights, and can learn how to shut up, I am through with her.

#6219474 - 04/16/18 08:57 PM Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler]
52Carl Offline
trapper

Loc: Virginia
I was watching one of those Texas "hunts" They kept talking about waiting for the deer to come out onto the senderos. It looked like real thick cover except for the bush hog straight aways in front of the elevated box stands.
Judging from the way the deer were scarfing down all of that corn, I am guessing "sendero" is Spanish for "bait pile". Or maybe, "bush hog trail".

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >