The Rise and Fall of an Empire-The Triumph Story by Floyd Rainey is a 27 page booklet, it measures approximately 8 1/2 inches by 14 inches and is stapled together. It pretty much appears to me that it was home made, by that I mean Mr. Rainey did not use a publisher, but copied the manuscript and sold it on his own. I was told this is how it was marketed. In any event it is interesting indeed and has many pictures and drawings of Triumph Traps. The booklet was written by the request of many collectors who wish to enhance their knowledge of the Triumph Trap. The author has logged over 5,000 hours in a lifetime study of the Triumph Trap Co. plus many seasons field testing the same. $20.00 SHIPPED (MEDIA MAIL). SOLD SOLD SOLD
11 vintage Harding books up for auction.
1. Ferret Facts and Fancies by A. R. Harding, the book is in nice condition but the front cover does have some spotting and a previous owner wrote the date and reference to a page number on the first page, copyright 1943. A book of practical instructions on breeding, raising, handling and selling also their uses and fur value. Soft cover.
2. Ginseng and Other Medicinal Plants by A. R. Harding, copyright 1966, revised edition, soft cover, nice condition, by A. R Harding. A book of valuable information for growers as well as collectors of medicinal roots, barks, leaves, Etc. Soft cover
3. Trails to Successful Trapping by V. E. Lynch, copyright 1935 second edition, nice condition. Published by Harding. Has proven formula for baits, scents and expert methods for making sets. Soft Cover.
4. Steel Traps by A. R Harding, nice condition, a previous owner did put a sticker with his name and address on it on the first page, nice condition, could not locate copyright date. Describes the various makes and tells how to use them, also has chapters on care of pelts. Soft cover.
5. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper (E. N. Woodcock) published by edited by A. R. Harding, nice condition, copyright 1941. This one has a previous owner sticker with name and address on first page. Experiences and observations of E. N. Woodcock the noted hunter and trapper, as written by himself and published in Hunter Trader Trapper from 1903 to 1913. Soft cover.
6. Fur Buyers Guide by A. R. Harding, copyright 1942, nice condition, some soiling on back cover, again a previous put a sticker with his name and address on first page. Complete instructions about buying, handling and grading raw furs, including size, color, quality, as well as when where and hot to sell. Soft cover.
7. Science of Trapping by E. Kreps, published by A. R. Harding. Copyright 1944, revised edition. Good condition. Describes the fur bearing animals, their nature, habits and distribution with practical methods for their capture. Soft cover.
8. Deadfalls & Snares by A. R. Harding copyright 1935, very nice condition. A book of instruction for trappers about deadfalls, snares and other home made traps. Soft cover.
9. Home Tanning and Leather Making Guide by A. B. Farnham, published by A. R. Harding, copyright 1950, nice condition. A book of information for those who wish to tan and make leather from cattle, horse, calf, sheep, goat, deer and other hides and skins. Includes information on how to skin, handle, classify and market. Soft cover
10. Fox Trapping, by A. R. Harding, good condition, the front cover has what looks like a bleach mark and a previous owner put a sticker on the first inside page with his name and address on it. Copyright 1955. A book of instructions telling how to trap, snare, poison and shoot. A valuable book for trappers. Soft cover
11. Camp and Trail Methods by E. Kreps, 6th revised edition 1933, copyright 1944, published by Harding. Hardback, good condition. Interesting information for all lovers of nature. What to take and what to do. Hard cover.
$60.00 for all 11 books the price includes shipping, the books will be mailed "Media Mail".
I accept personal checks, money orders or PayPal.