No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: ambush32] #6219068
04/16/18 11:36 AM
04/16/18 11:36 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: ambush32
Hopefully the sponsor money dries up for the Crush and Stan Potts soon...

What happened to the humble tv hunting host....

I like the Fred Bear videos too but we're kidding ourselves we don't think those aren't Bear commercials.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219101
04/16/18 12:32 PM
04/16/18 12:32 PM
Mi, Mecosta
A
ambush32 Offline
trapper
ambush32  Offline
trapper
A

Mi, Mecosta
100% agree Tweed....Fred Bear was a self promoter of his archery business, but I believe(just me)he did it in a tasteful way..
Fred loved archery and wanted everyone to enjoy the sport....

Thought I was a good trapper until I started trapping coyotes......
Thought I was a good bowhunter until I targeted mature bucks....
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219112
04/16/18 12:48 PM
04/16/18 12:48 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
There are some YT channels I follow that are all public land hunting and aren’t sponsored (Yet). Once they become infomercials I move on. The commercialization started with Rolland Martin and Jimmy Huston. Two of the biggest product (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to ever walk. It just got worse form there. It’s been this way for more than 25 years. Where have you been?

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219114
04/16/18 12:51 PM
04/16/18 12:51 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
I don't mind Stan Potts' over the top reactions, it's genuine emotion. Not my style but I get it.

What I don't like is walking down the aisles at the industry trade shows and seeing the companies signing the latest and greatest pretty face girl in tight camo pants, when some guys have worked hard for years to deliver good return on investment only to see the company they helped build start shipping paychecks to a blonde who hardly knows which end of an arrow to put the broadhead on. Hunting shows are just getting cheap and I'm not against women hunting at all, I'm just against the lack of good content. If all you're watching outdoor TV shows for is to see a pretty girl hunting, it's not sustainable and these companies are starting to find out that if they want to get a good return on investment, they better start spending their money on the shows that educate and entertain the masses. We need more hunters, especially skilled hunters that don't give us a black eye in the public like a lot of these yahoos and their bad English and their bad advice on these shows today.

It will correct itself, and the companies along with the stations and shows who understand how to have longevity will survive.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219145
04/16/18 01:22 PM
04/16/18 01:22 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
I have no problem with some of them. Am entertained very, very little but watch occasionally but very rarely from start to finish.
Lee and Tiffany are OK, Lee put in his time and made a gamble in life to quit a great paying job to pursue his passion. Good for him.
With the success came the sponsors and with that came the dollars to buy primo farms in a super state. He now has great properties to
hunt and is afforded the opportunity to do it full time, so on top of being a good hunter he can work on it 365 days a year. Good for him
but not reality for most of us.
T got turned off at an outdoor show when Waddell was there and people were lined up for 100 yards for his autograph, SAY WHAT? What the heck
are you gonna do with that and why would you waste one second of your life waiting to get it? My buddy bought a video of name escapes me but a
hottie and was excited she signed it. I said who the heck cares, you wasted your money and your time.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: BernieB.] #6219146
04/16/18 01:24 PM
04/16/18 01:24 PM
Duluth, MN
C
Clark Offline
trapper
Clark  Offline
trapper
C

Duluth, MN
Originally Posted By: BernieB.
Had to turn that off after about 15 seconds to avoid hurling on my computer screen.

I couldn't stand her either but just to clarify, no one on this board is her target audience. Tweed said his daughter watched her and that is great. Young women need another woman to show them hunting. I applaud her efforts because she will probably do more to recruit hunter than most of us.

waggler - Check out Randy Newberg on youtube. He seems to be genuine and an actual hunter, not a personality designed for a show.

Clark

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219162
04/16/18 01:45 PM
04/16/18 01:45 PM
Bismarck Arkansas
A
Arkansas87 Offline
trapper
Arkansas87  Offline
trapper
A

Bismarck Arkansas
Fnt has a show on the persuit chanell called freedom outdoors. I have watched it a couple times and was pritty good. I haven't seen it on lately tho I wonder if they cancelled it?

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219190
04/16/18 02:23 PM
04/16/18 02:23 PM
Southern WV
A
Anglinscreek Offline
trapper
Anglinscreek  Offline
trapper
A

Southern WV
Had a friend who met Stan Potts while they were BOTH on DIY archery hunts in Illinois. He said Stan was a genuine great guy with a love for deer hunting. They still correspond to this day.

My buddy killed a 130 and Stan came over to see it and was ecstatic for him. Said everything about Stan was genuine.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219253
04/16/18 04:25 PM
04/16/18 04:25 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Stan Potts is a super nice guy . Really like him . Same with Steve Rinella and Jim Shockey.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219259
04/16/18 04:35 PM
04/16/18 04:35 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
The Hunting Public and Dan Infalt's "The Hunting Beast" are both good youtube channels that are down to earth, informative, and non-commercialized...so far. You can learn more from watching 5 mins of Dan Infalt that you can a decade from any of the scripted and post edited crap on paid tv.

ol'dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: Clark] #6219260
04/16/18 04:36 PM
04/16/18 04:36 PM
Melrose, MN
B
billsauk Offline
trapper
billsauk  Offline
trapper
B

Melrose, MN

waggler - Check out Randy Newberg on youtube. He seems to be genuine and an actual hunter, not a personality designed for a show.

Clark [/quote]

Randy's tv show is a good one, and he is a trapper on trapperman also.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219263
04/16/18 04:49 PM
04/16/18 04:49 PM
sw Wisconsin
K
kickin buck Offline
trapper
kickin buck  Offline
trapper
K

sw Wisconsin
Don't forget they all begin with a slow motion or time lapsed intro lol!

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: BernieB.] #6219305
04/16/18 06:20 PM
04/16/18 06:20 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I don't mind Stan Potts' over the top reactions, it's genuine emotion. Not my style but I get it.

What I don't like is walking down the aisles at the industry trade shows and seeing the companies signing the latest and greatest pretty face girl in tight camo pants, when some guys have worked hard for years to deliver good return on investment only to see the company they helped build start shipping paychecks to a blonde who hardly knows which end of an arrow to put the broadhead on. Hunting shows are just getting cheap and I'm not against women hunting at all, I'm just against the lack of good content. If all you're watching outdoor TV shows for is to see a pretty girl hunting, it's not sustainable and these companies are starting to find out that if they want to get a good return on investment, they better start spending their money on the shows that educate and entertain the masses. We need more hunters, especially skilled hunters that don't give us a black eye in the public like a lot of these yahoos and their bad English and their bad advice on these shows today.

It will correct itself, and the companies along with the stations and shows who understand how to have longevity will survive.
The Blonds on these shows now, hunt and kill their own animals,not a one of the Female hunters are or act fake. Potts is Not exhibiting anything real... Totally put on performance! I disagree with your take on it all...I raised 4 kids, 3 daughters and two out of 3 hunt so does my Son. I think the women are good for the industry.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219313
04/16/18 06:40 PM
04/16/18 06:40 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
I hate hearing them say " Oh I made a perfect shot, it don't get no more perfect than that" as the deer is running away to be found the next day. I don't like the ego involved most of all. Most look like they stepped out of a catalog too with all their new equipment. Ive been wearing the same camo sweater for about 10 years now.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219326
04/16/18 07:03 PM
04/16/18 07:03 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I don't watch hunting on TV.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: 330-Trapper] #6219333
04/16/18 07:11 PM
04/16/18 07:11 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

The Blonds on these shows now, hunt and kill their own animals,not a one of the Female hunters are or act fake. Potts is Not exhibiting anything real... Totally put on performance! I disagree with your take on it all...I raised 4 kids, 3 daughters and two out of 3 hunt so does my Son. I think the women are good for the industry.

I know these people personally. Obviously you do not.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219341
04/16/18 07:19 PM
04/16/18 07:19 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Sat am at my house meant watching ALL the fishing shows, till they became too crass and went to cable.
Babe Winkleman was the last to go, and who can ever forget Virgil Ward and his superb theme song.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: BernieB.] #6219430
04/16/18 09:11 PM
04/16/18 09:11 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
[quote=BernieB I know these people personally. Obviously you do not. [/quote] Thank god I don't He's an obvious "I, I, I" self promoter Way over the top. And Women in this industry are generally Good overall. You Bernie seem to have an account to grind about Women on the outdoors, that's your choice, your beef. My oppinion is mine that's how I see it;yours is yours.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: Tweed] #6219466
04/16/18 09:50 PM
04/16/18 09:50 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted By: Tweed
This morning I found a YouTuber that my daughter's like.

She has sponsors but it's not ridiculous. She's fun and has great practical advice and also shows plenty of fail.

Unless she can do a handstand and shoot her bow with her feet in those tights, and can learn how to shut up, I am through with her.

Re: I'm tired of turkeys, whitetail and bass [Re: waggler] #6219474
04/16/18 09:57 PM
04/16/18 09:57 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
I was watching one of those Texas "hunts" They kept talking about waiting for the deer to come out onto the senderos. It looked like real thick cover except for the bush hog straight aways in front of the elevated box stands.
Judging from the way the deer were scarfing down all of that corn, I am guessing "sendero" is Spanish for "bait pile". Or maybe, "bush hog trail".

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread